1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup section (PS4)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

I get this same thing in every thread and not just in this forum. AC was advertised as a sophisticated sim but all we hear is how its deficiencies exist because they didn't want to confuse we poor stupid console users. It was also sold as having all the material that the PC version had. Confused we are. Trying to use setups that don't fit the setup capabilities of the console version. Nothing would relieve confusion more than changing the console setup to be identical to the PC version. Do they really think all the tuners are going to go back and make console versions of their tunes? Or that tuners from now on are going to make two different versions of every tune they do?

If anyone could possibly post a brief guide re how to make the best of a bad situation by describing how best to use a PC setup when trying to setup a console car it would be a huge help. Things like what what rear and front ARB are (obviously not anti-roll bar, another thing we can't set) and what one can do about it, for instance. Or is there anything that can be done about the horribly too-high brake pressure?

Rick

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

You're a to "aggressive"bro calm down. If it makes sense, let me say so;
    You can't expect that the PS4 version should be exactly as the PC version, with all due respect! That would be stupid!! Me first wouldn't buy the game!!

As you know that PC is far more capable of doing thing that console can't therefore PC version is it higher scaled then the console version. That's just my thought.

As said already on the first page a dude posted a link with all those setups and you can use them as a reference!

Me myselft have problems with tuning and tweaking the cars for certain track bcoz game
    Is fresh on console and everything is new. And yes, if it can help-on a first page threes as well a tune posted, for Spa, maybe Will be as a reference as well.

On the end, what's the car is bothering you on what track?

Pedal to the metal

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I've notice that too though that after the long straight car feels definitely"strange", even to I raced with an stock car but it was obvious that car need proper tuning. In that corner for example I go through in 2nd fear otherwise car understeers hard!

For the race, I thing the main point is to have the grip to pass the Eau-Rouge full, that the point were you carry the speed to the camel toe, therefore on that platform maybe lowering Tory pressure by a notch it tweaking the toe/camber a bit.

I'll try it today bcoz yesterday I didn't have time. Definitely I'll come back to u :)

Pedal to the metal

4. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

For many cars you can set the tyre pressures in Setup under "Suspension". You can see what your tire pressures are in the tuning section on the big layout of a car.

Regards, -Rick

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. Hey :) I improved the McLaren 650S Setup a bit. Now it feels way more stable. I can run constantly between 2:18.0 and 18.5 now.
    With a good lap you should get under 2:17,5 i think. My best was a 2:17,9 so far, but i messed up the last chicane as usual. (really dont know how to drive that one fast, but sometimes i hit it accidentally 3-4 tenth faster. )

@Rickredrick

In my setup screen there is just n/a for Tire-Temperatures. ("Reifen-Temperatur" in my video - Sorry, can't change the game to english language :( ) So right now i'm just guessing which values could be adequate.

Kembro, SpaceBreed and iwanchek like this.
  6. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Consoles are perfectly capable of giving tire and brake temperatures.

Many things, as posted above and elsewhere. Probably the best and first thing AC for consoles should do is include UDP, as PCars does. This allows 3rd party apps in Android, Windows, or iOS to draw info directly from your game over any device connected to the same network as your PS4 or XBox. Then a lot of people Kunos wouldn't have to pay would start adapting some of the wonderful telemetry programs, alternative dashboards, etc. that are already available for PCars, the computer version of AC, and many other games. Go to Google Play and search "Project Cars" and you'll see some of the stuff I refer to.

MasterGT likes this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

You can see tyre temps in the pits, not the best but it is something. I can only assume they are from the point where you choose to enter the pits from, that could impact the decisions made, especially if you've just had a spin for example.

I really need to u set stand my tyres to make progress with setups!

Brake and water temps are not modelled yet so no need to worry about that stuff *yet*

I would like to see frequencies for comparing / setting balance with springs and also something to tell me critical damping rates, that way at least I have some idea of what the dampers are actually doing in figures as well as feel on the track.

It really feels like groping about in the dark, trial and error is a hugely time consuming process :(

Grid girl simulation confirmed? ;)

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice drive bro. The last chicane, try to brake late and hit the 2nd gear instead of 3rd! You'll have more breaking power when u hit the second gear while breaking.

Pedal to the metal

9. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice drive bro. The last chicane, try to brake late and hit the 2nd gear instead of 3rd! You'll have more breaking power when u hit the second gear while breaking.

Pedal to the metal

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Without a tang and bra!

Pedal to the metal

11. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

@Rickredrick

In my setup screen there is just n/a for Tire-Temperatures. ("Reifen-Temperatur" in my video - Sorry, can't change the game to english language :( ) So right now i'm just guessing which values could be adequate.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant tyre pressures. I've corrected my post. The temperatures you can't get, just the pressures, and you can set them for some cars in Setup under "Suspension". The big car diagram gives the pressures of each tyre in pounds per square inch for both when the tyres are "hot" and when they're "cold". Now, surely if they can do that one would think they could manage to tell us just how hot and how cold.

Yes the "n/a"s would seem to indicate the information exists and they intend to put it there. The outside, middle, and exterior temperatures, no less, which can be very useful in setting camber. PCars has this feature but it's busted, and has been for over a year. That's the glacial speed these companies work at the updates that will make it more than a glorified beta once they've got all that our pre-sale money socked away. So with tyre & brake temps from AC, I wouldn't expect it soon, though they're welcome to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope they do. Soon.

12. Ah, i just recognized that you have to put "tire-usage" to on. After that you get temperatures displayed in the setup screen. They were quite outside of the temperature-window. Fixed the pressures and the camber to have a bit more temperature at the inside of the tire. Got me nearly a second faster right away.

13. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Groping about in the dark on the track with you, I "worry about that stuff" but just can't do anything about it. Everything we have is in the wrong place at the wrong time and the most important stuff isn't there at all. You need the brake and tyre temps in the car, the brakes take much longer to heat up and cool down much faster, and that causes the wheels to lock. When the tyres warm up you get better traction but you can feel that. But the three tyre temp figures for inner, middle, and outer part of the tyre used in setting camber you need to get when the tyres are on the track under the stress you set camber to cope with. That's what all the fancy telemetry you can see dozens of people staring at tomorrow at Monza (or on your cell phone if AC had UDP as I mentioned above) is for.

14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The brakes temperatures are not modelled they don't exist, they have no affect on your car in Assetto Corsa that is why there is no need to worry about them. From what I understand they have only just arrived in the PC version of the game and then on a very limited number of cars.

We have inner, middle and outer tyre temperatures given in the garage (when wear is switched on), Of courses his is only a snap shot and relates to where when and how you choose to enter the pits. I would like a live reading whilst driving the car, it would make setting things much, much easier to get them in the ball park operating range.

15. b1ur

b1ur Rookie

waiiiit a sec

Your name looks familiar! Were you once on the Bizarre Creations forums??

16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Yes indeed :)

b1ur likes this.
  17. b1ur

b1ur Rookie

ahhh brilliant!!

I was of course 'blur' back then, hope you're well!!

18. Keisuke

Keisuke Gamer

This is such a good tune, the turn in is a little aggressive and unstable but I think I can adjust, is there any other cars you can go flat out on eau rouge with?

19. Hey :) If it's too aggressive for your taste, you can make it a bit more understeery. Just add 2 clicks or so at the anti-roll-bar front and decrease the rear anti roll bar one click. You can also decrease 'Kompression' a bit. Don't know the english term again. :D 'Compression (slow)'? I like it when the rear comes a bit at the turn-in.

You can adjust every GT3-Car to go full-throttle through Eau-Rouge. The Z4 and Glickenhaus can do it with the standard setup. The Audi, Nissan and AMG are ultra-understeery in the basic-setup. There is some setup work inevitable to go through there full-throttle.

Btw: I tried my Spa Setup at Silverstone. Got me the Gold-Medal in the special-Event right away after 5 laps or so. So it fit's very well there too.

iwanchek likes this.
  20. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

You can try stabbing the options button in the middle of driving- like a hairy turn- which goes direct to pit & then check setup. But whatever you can't adjust the camber far enough (or probably wouldn't want to) to fall within the preferred " O centigrade < (Exterior - Interior) < 5 centigrade " given in the famous "21 Steps Guide".
    @SandwichToaster90 your flat out Eau Rouge is a good benchmark for GT3 & similar. Please keep up your posts. Your slightly funky Germanish-English is more eloquent than many native speakers and you have good ideas, or helpful to me anyway. Danke schoen!

paul_wev likes this.