1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Shocked n disappointed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Zzcan, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Setups don't save

No track limits on multiplayer

MBK72 likes this.
  2. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

No celebration animation after winning the race, and no interviews with the journalists.

3. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

No need for that
    But it could be something other then magically transporting back to the pits
    Its not a star trek game as far as I know

MBK72, JMR1985 and Bibbles like this.
  4. That is something I cannot agree because it's not that easy to adjust in real life either.

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Its a sim is it not ? Or is it only a simulation now of driving ?
    Setting up suspension isn't easy IRL either infact its it's far more complex than adjusting braking pressure.

Tomcul and MBK72 like this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

iirc not allowing brake pressure adjustment was a design choice by the devs.

LeDude83 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

Same as all the rest that's missing in the game
    Well that's all sorted then no more complaining then

JMR1985 and MBK72 like this.
  8. Can you describe how you technically do that in real life racing cars?

Psst. I can tell you a secret. AC already support adjustable braking force and the only thing it would need is couple of lines in the car physics to make it active.

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Yes certainly its achieved by using proportioning valves or braking force regulators , in laymans terms adjustment is used / set by diverting force sent from the master cylinder or cylinders to the desired corner or from front to rear of the car, or lowering pressure from the master cylinder or cylinders .imgame a simple slider would be used ;-)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    MBK72 likes this.
  10. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Different sized master cylinder bores will give different braking pressures. So more or less pedal force required depending on size.. Along with what bibbles said in the post above me those are the steps you take to adjust your braking pressure..Wouldn't expect this in all cars but the race cars should have it, especially the older non abs equipped cars..

Bibbles likes this.
  11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Replying to the all knowing pc only elite with actual facts and knowledge in the console forum! This can only lead to trouble. :):)

I'll save one of them the effort - you don't need adjustable brake pressure you just need to 'git gud' like them...after 2 years of practice...on £1k+ wheels...and triple screen monitors...with telemetry apps...and private servers to race with friends rather than numpties...oh and not forgetting the ability to mod the game files as much as they wish. Asking for a working console game is just too much of course.

We can't so much as adjust the button config or calibrate a fully supported wheel so why would they give us this anyway!

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You are just a flaming..., ah whatever!

13. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I've done my fair amount of racing / track days , also a mechanic by trade ;-)

Tomcul, ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I think you need a good look in the mirror there Baron Von Pumpernickel.

Good to see you adding your usual valuable contribution to the console forum. Why not pop back and snigger about console users in the Chit Chat room like usual, there's a good chap.

15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Nice :):cool:

That's all well and good but this real world experience what use is that? Have you got 2000 hours of sim experience on the pc?

16. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

I presume your head steward played via pc and I agree on PCs it's great. Put him on a ps or Xbox and if his opinion is not polar opposite I would be amazed. I done a bit of racing not a lot nowadays . But have driven a quite a few cars and although the physics are ok ( Nothing compared to real sims like I racing or p cars). This is not the problem ask team leader how he copes with missing essentials.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You sir have a very selective perception.

18. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

I just done a few laps in the ferrar fxx. Track racer for the mega rich and the entire set ups allowed is. Changing tire pressure and camber. Nothing no gear ratios so you hardly hit 5 th some tracks let alone 7 and you can do nothing to rectify it. This car has just about the fastest gear changes on the planet. On here the down shifts are so slow you may be in a mini. You can't change ride height ,suspension nothing.
    It really is incredible how they have sent this out. It has to be wrong a mistake surely!

Tenno and MBK72 like this.
  19. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

lol does amuse me these pc guys splashing all their pc facts and figures under their posts. Like I'm meant to be impressed by some dudes corsair bit of blx. Don't they think others have PCs. I just prefer not to spend half me life fiddling around with it and waiting for it to reboot every ten mins

Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  20. Isn't proportioning valves only controlling the bias? With how many race cars you can actually play with the master cylinder? Isn't it mostly done with different compound brake pads?
    For one mod I've been involved we made the adjustment available for users even I'm not sure do they really can play with the pressure in its real life counterpart. It definitely is something many people with plastic pedals would want to see.

I don't see it happening thou since it has already discussed so many times and Kunos have stated their opinion pretty clearly.