1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Factory setting

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 16, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

If I go into an on-line lobby and start the Qualifying I believe I am in Factory Settings? - if I hit the B button (on my wheel) I find the TC goes to setting 1 then 2 and so on til it goes to Off . However it doesn't give me the option to return to factory..... for me this is causing problems as I don't know what the factory settings are equivalent to on the TC scale and because I keep accidentally hitting the B button and in the ensuing panic to scramble thru the 1-12 usually end up spinning out because I'm used to 'Factory'.... Is the factory TC setting different in some way to the TC on setting? ..... Which level is it set at if it's the same? - so for instance is level 8 of twelve the same as Factory TC?...
    Can anyone clarify this issue for me?
    I hope I haven't caused anyones' brain to explode.....
    I've been driving GT3 and I've got a headache

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Tire warmers factory setting Dec 11, 2015
    Suggestions Factory setting for auto clutch Aug 12, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Why no factory setting for esc (stability control)? Apr 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Question about cars factory settings in ac Apr 10, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Corvette c7r no traction control or abs on factory setting? Mar 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room "factory" setting for stability control Feb 27, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Esc "factory" setting Dec 2, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Factory settings for esp/abs... Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Turning off factory ABS Oct 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Forced factory options in public multiplayer Feb 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, ABS off with factory Jan 29, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Make factory ABS / factory TC re-setable ingame Oct 29, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions where is the real stability control (factory) ?!! Sep 12, 2016
    Console Lounge Nürburgring factory Lap Times Sep 10, 2016
    Suggestions Share Factory Theme Sep 6, 2016

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

In certain street cars and in most race cars you have several settings to choose from nowadays. Look at this:

[​IMG]

The 'factory' setting means exactly that, ABS/TCS adjustable on-the-fly according to what the real car has. Not any particular subsetting. If the real car doesn't have ABS or TCS the game automatically doesn't allow you to use it.

Rockefelluh likes this.
  4. EMW SMILER

If I don't hit any buttons and go out on first lap the TC indicator flashes so TC must be on .. if I hit 'B' it goes to 1 , what did it start at? In a Lambo Huracan say...

5. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

You know this kind of option is only virtual..they are not a real value of TC..its always between 1-12 on gt cars and mostly on-off on Road cars..you can chose the value that make you faster and accurate..because all of these value are not really such they are in truths cars...you should know that such big brand (ferrari,audi,bmw,lambo,nissan...) keeps these kind of information confidontial..KUNOS and other simulation put these kind of assist to help the begginer players step by step..so if i can give an advise,it would be to turn off all assist and rely on your own driving ;)

6. EMW SMILER

Once the patch sorts out a few things I'll be able to do some tunes and revert back to no assist driving - however until then I find the starting settings the most comfortable and fastest for my taste... I have tried lowering the TC thru from 1 - 12 and can't seem to match the level of TC that I started with - so should I assume it starts at 12 and when I hit the 'B' button it goes to 1?
    I understand what both of you are saying and appreciate your comments but have no answer to my question....
    2nd above

7. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

When the value is bigger th e TC system is lower..so when you are at 12 then you are close to turn it off..but when it is at 1 the the TC is at 100% operational

8. EMW SMILER

I understand that -
    I'm not trying to be difficult - just looking for an answer - surely it must be 12 or 1

9. MJP

MJP Racer

I don't know if it's different on consoles but on pc factory settings for the Huracan for example are ABS 4, TC 2.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  10. EMW SMILER

Thank you MJP for understanding my poorly worded question, at least that gives me some idea .... Happy racing

11. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I told you..when you press B for the first time they just indicate you that the tc is ON but when you hit the next times You decreases his performance as long as you are closer to the bigger value of the TC car..you can feel the car being less stable when the tc value is bigger and the TC indicator under the counter is less present so it work less than before..when TC is set to 1 the TC indicator stars flashing as soon as you accelerate

12. Pikamark

Pikamark Rookie

How I understand it is the lower the number 1=100%on and 12= nearly off

13. EMW SMILER

I am sorry to disagree with you, I believe we are talking about two different things - I COMPLETELY understand the operation of the TC system - I wanted to know - What Traction control level is the car at (1 - 12) when I get in it? As MPJ says above on PC its 2 so what is it on console?

14. EMW SMILER

MPJ - If you put on TC (on PC ) does it go to level 1 or 3 from 2

15. MJP

MJP Racer

Another thing that complicates matters (I can only talk about pc again) is not all the cars have the same amount of levels for ABS/TC, for example the Huracan only has 8 levels of ABS/TC whereas the Z4 GT3 has 12!

EMW SMILER likes this.
  16. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I told that there is not a real value its just virtual assist..even KUNOS dont know the real TC value..lamborghini and all other brand dont give them these kind of informations to keep their technology safe so kunos put a variable value on mostly cars to give you a choice to personalize your own experience..but for a real control turn it off

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Where do you get that from? ABS and TCS with 'factory' setting always start at 1 (highest) in all official cars. The 'factory' setting does not influence the level at which ABS/TCS is set.

Andy-R and EMW SMILER like this.
  18. MJP

MJP Racer

On pc you can scroll up or down levels.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  19. EMW SMILER

Sorry got my cars mixed - but yes, it would make selection of TC level less adjustable but in the long run I will need to use less TC (preferably none) to get quicker but at present the wheel I'm using is not supported so steering is quite compromised. I must assume given the input from all above that TC is at a high level whenI get in - probably level 1 - but the possibility exists that it could be lower given that on PC it is not 1. Please excuse me while I shoot myself....

20. EMW SMILER

I Thankyou Sir.
    I missed thank God

21. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

On GT race cars TC is so called "engine-based traction control" it's very simple system. There is no secret tehcnology to hide. Only difference between AC and real life is that probably teams finetune those TC steps during race weekend. Cars have different amount of steps just like real cars.

At least on PC factory means ABS/TC is max (1) out of pits and next press of ABS or TC button is (2) or (off) if you don't have up and down configuration.