1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I have to say that, Porsche 918 is a big disapointment for me. The other cars are awesome, but the 918 on Spa is slower than La Ferrari. And I used the hot lap mode. The gear ratio seems wrong to me, the car stuck on five gear and cant reach the 9000 rpm, you put the sixth gear and not gain too much speed. Its not something similar Pagani Huayra because the Huayra have the same power from 5000 to 7000 rpm, and the second gear of the car is a very long gear. On 918 the second gear is too short, but the fifht gear is too long, I just cant understand why they made this, to save fuel on a hypercar?

The brakes are good on brake distances, but not good on the balance, maybe the car is too heavy and no matter will put 1 million eletric engines on car to make traction better, these things ruins the brake. On La Ferrari and Mclaren P1 the car brakes straights, the 918 wants to go right or left, loose the rear, its very easy to spin with the 918.

Its so soon to make a good veredict, maybe I just not adapt to the car, but Im expecting more, like similar Nissan GT-R Nismo but faster.

2. Orne

Orne Alien

Thats no floor, thats an ice skating rink!!! HAHAHA!!!

3. I agree with this. Under brakes it is really unstable in the rear. Don't know how I can rectify this but it detracts from the car. I haven't driven one in real life bit I've never heard this spoken about.

4. The 911 S is fantastic. I can just about keep up with an old Audi R8, despite quite a power gap, and the look in Miami Blue is just gorgeous.

I thought it'd be on par with a BMW M4, but it's 2-3 seconds a lap quicker.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Too fast for AI too, it seems:

I was getting the feel for the car, and at the hill thought "damn, can you really go that fast into that".. turned out you can't. I tested this again and it happened again in the same spot

6. No guts, no glory.

7. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

The 918 is just too damn fast!
    [​IMG]

Leemstradamus and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

At last! After all this waisted years Porsche are back to the right way! It's a great day for simmers who loved this cars. No more arcade games, free or payable home made adds. The Porsche are now officialy in the sim world. I love this day!

9. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Never been fan of Porches maybe because I never drove one IRL lol.But I think this is gonna change very quick!What a pack all the cars are great my favs RSR,935 what a oldschool beast love them RSR is perfect combination of manual gearbox perfect power and weight.918 what a grip it has and it goooeeessss insane.Carerra S is so balanced and nice to drive.Cayman road car,wasnt impressed but after some camber setup Its perfect roadcar so fun to drift it.Big thanks to Kunos a beautiful work!I just have to drive 917 more today And try to stay on the track its a rocket;) also new sounds are great.Cayman GT4 isnt my type of car never liked gt4 ...Panamera too grippy /heavy for the power so it isnt fun for me...

Leemstradamus likes this.
  10. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm sure Kunos is pleased with how things turned out. Except for some of the complaining and whining... :rolleyes: But, overall I hope they're happy with the first day results. I'm very curious if Porsche is happy with the results? I think they should be. These are the cars that are going to be on their simulators around the world for public events. Kunos did a mighty fine job, no question.

11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

What a pack! Well, what a reunion is more accurate!

RSR 3.0: My favorite of the pack. Balanced, but rear engined, top notch sound, looks cool, feedback is old school, brakes are old, but it's still competitive today. This makes a fun rally car as well.

Moby Dick: Though not one of my favorite Porsches, the sound, power and raw beastliness is great.

917/30: What. Is. THIS!! I'm more surprised it was raced than not! It's just...lol. I managed to make laps in it, but that's just too fast! 2 seconds of full throttle, when-if-ever possible, just has me going "are you friggin serious...." and then immediately hold my breath as hard as I can hoping to slow down, eventually.

Carrera S: Honestly? Bored me to death. It's a good car overall. It's lively yet soft, a "fair" sound to me, and somewhat quick. IDK, there just wasn't anything that stood out.

718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport: 2nd favorite. The feedback is mindblowing honestly...it's incredibly stiff, and you feel everything.....ever. You feel what you drove yesterday THROUGH this car ;) Fantastic. Good sound.

718 Cayman S: I'm not a fan of the sound, but it's not a bad sound. I prefer the 6. It's very well balanced, with a hint of extra want to oversteer, which is great. No PDK, so it's even better! Worth driving in most situations.

918 Spyder: I'm not a fan of hypercars. This one, however, I DO like. It's really alive, the sound is quite intense on nordschliefe, and I've managed to save myself from a 170mph slide on Nords :D. I don't see myself driving this much...but it's great nonetheless.

Panamera Turbo: I don't like this car. i don't even want to drive it. I've never liked these cars at all. Maybe sometime soon, but for now, I just don't even wanna. Personal taste, nothing to do with quality.

Overall sound improvement made huge changes to replays and enjoyment of hearing the cars. It's not all convuluted reverb pollution constantly, anymore. Brake squeal is probably the best thing that ever happened in this game, sound wise, and the close runner up is hearing tyre noise in external cams. These are huge for me. There was an awesome feeling of awe starting a race in the 918 on nords, against P1 and LaFerrari. Those red beast were just plain SCREAMING into T1. Yet, I could still hear my own car.

V10 tyres being on the GT3's is great, though I've been sheerly stuck on the Porsches.

Classic Silverstone is surprisingly fantastic to me. Mostly the replay cams. GREAT GREAT job on those cams! Cayman GT4 doesn't like this course, being old, and the Porsche being so stiff. It's very bumpy.

12. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Ok. See...I knew I was doing the right thing. For 3 days I've been telling myself "You gotta drive that 911 RSR 3.0 first..." but today I said "Nope...I'm driving the other street cars first and move up into the RSR." Thank God I did it this way. Otherwise I would have never gotten to another car. Always save the best for last. Always. I know it's Day One and I'm just so freakin' excited, but this might be the best car I've driven in Assetto Corsa. Kunos crushed it on this 911... I can't believe it. I almost feel like I'm in a dream. I'm going to wake up soon because nothing can be this sublime. :D I'm not even being a fanboy. I'll admit when I'm being an AC fanboy. I occasionally turn into one. Not now...This is a masterpiece.

13. "There is no substitute"
    [​IMG]

I haven't found a bad combo yet with this car.

14. Berry

Berry Alien

Good impressions so far, sounds are well done, the cars even more so, overall a good patch, nothing broke and the cars are great, it's just that...I expected the street cars to be much more precise and faster, testing them on the Nordschleife brought serious grins for the most part, only to find that all the cars are 15-30 seconds slower than they "seem" to be in real life, I can't get the 918 under 7:05 in any way, and the 718 Cayman S isn't a sub-8 minute car in my hands yet, which is incredibly surprising (in a bad way).
    Good job overall Kunos, maybe a bit of transparency on the "numbers" like in the Japanese Pack would have helped the performance?

15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Hey, it's Day One. Give yourself some time to learn the intricacies of the 918. A month from now you'll probably be 5-10 seconds faster than you are now...or whatever would be a "very good" improvement. I haven't tried to time myself in anything yet and I know I'm not even close to being a "fast" driver. I'm average..that's it. But, I think there is a lot of spunk in that Cayman S and Carrera S.

16. mxu79

mxu79 Gamer

Thank you Kunos and Porsche! I yesterday/night i only tried carrera s, street gayman an 911 rsr and at least they are brilliant!
    Carrera s feels oversteery when cruising (maybe thats the 4ws system) but it gets better when you start to push it and finally its easy car drive, throw it in the corner and just hit the gas and countersteer when rear start sliding. Fun car.
    718 cayman is SO good to drive, very well balanced car and you just can drift it through the corners if you want.
    And the 911 3.0 rsr, WHAT A CAR!! So good sound, handling and one of the best looking Porsches ever made, IMO. Its fantastic. Maybe im crazy but in part throttle it has little bit sound like an old air cooled vw beetle with stock exhaust :D

Thank you Kunos guys!!

Leemstradamus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. Kyo

Kyo Racer

Funny, after all the hate from the community about the free Panamera I was pleasantly surprised. Incredible performance for an SUV and I love the weight of the FFB. Those of you dismissing it are missing out, it is a good drive.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's not an SUV, it's a luxury sedan. ;)

But yeah, it's a quite good drive and for a sedan, it's actually quite alive, especially if you're brave enough to tail brake it such that the back steps out. :)

19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

The 911 RSR 3.0 might be the best driving experience I've had in Assetto Corsa so far. You are so right...I would have half-throttle on a 2nd gear turn and it just sounds so awesome...I feel like I'm in the damn thing! :cool:
    You mean Sedan. The other freebies are SUV types. Panamera is a ridiculously awesome sedan that drives like a rocket. :eek:

Berniyh likes this.
  20. Berry

Berry Alien

@ALB123: This isn't about driving improvement (not all of it), the Cayman S is seriously slow, the Carrera S likewise, the 918 on street tyres is far slower than the P1 and the LaFerrari, the Panamera's straight line performance seems slow as well, for me this is very surprising because Porsche is one of the few brands whose cars actually do perform as well as they state on paper, or even better (most of the time, far better) :).