1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Brake squeal? Seriously?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Snowman38, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

This quote, and your profile pic... I see what you did there :D

GothaR, Dookie and Snowman38 like this.
  2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Modern race cars can have brake squeal too. I remember the Honda F1 from 2005, its brakes squealed every time through Club corner when I was there watching the race.

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

It really is the way they are. It is very common on vintage cars, but even new cars with carbon brakes have brake squeal. If you do not like it or find it distracting just go to settings, audio, and turn the brakes setting dow to 0%. Problem solved!

4. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure we have that option on the console.

5. HavanaB0B

Well it is an option on my Xbox, so unless they changed it for PS4 users with the update it should be there.

6. There is NO brake audio adjustment in AC, on ANY platform.. you guys are clearly confused.

7. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I'll have to check next time I look!

8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

My 92' Honda... Lol case closed then.

Rollingzokumr2, bradleyland and Horus like this.
  9. HavanaB0B

Well this is what I see.
    Screenshot-Original.png

Grijo, Redxbcoupe, huzzellio and 4 others like this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

11. well sadly you've just discovered a bug in the console version. That setting does absolutely nothing and we should remove it.
    Sorry about that.... turned out I was the one confused. :-S

GothaR, AmorFati, Grijo and 12 others like this.
  12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

lol outstanding !!

Redxbcoupe and Snowman38 like this.
  13. HavanaB0B

Ah.

Snowman I guess you just have to listen to those squeaky brakes then, but if you really don't believe it's a thing just watch this, around 4:20 in.

if you do not think this car is maintained to the highest level I can't help you.

For everyone else it's a Cobra lapping Laguna Seca during Monterey Motorsport Reunion, so enjoy.

14. Brakes are a bit like tyres, the amount of variation is amazing. Sometimes you hear cars with super noisy tyres that go around screaming at every corner regardless of the driver, sometimes they are super quiet. Pretty much the same thing applies to brakes, it's not simply a question of worn out pads.. it's a vibration that can have many sources and it is no indication of any kind of problem.
    I like brake noise just as I like any kind of audio that gives me a feedback on what I am doing with the car... if I turn down tyres I can hardly drive.

15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Same here. I really don't understand why anyone would want to remove brake squeal. It's as much a part of the experience of driving a car as is hearing the sound of the engine.

Dean Ogurek, Fernando007 and Horus like this.
  16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

My gt86 brakes were noisy as hell, even when new. The squeal went away after trackday but returned after a day or two. If you ever went to a track and listened to high performance cars' brakes they sound pretty harsh. Racecars are a different level of noisy. For low performance road cars I'd expect the brakes to be silent and noise to indicate a problem, but high performance brakes are usually noisy.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Hugo Catarino, Grijo and Tomcul like this.
  17. Horus

Horus Alien

LOL What a great reply. My thoughts entirely. LOL The internet is yours for the day. Merry Christmas.

Grijo likes this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

I have worked in many garages, I have repaired many cars and have been qualified as a brake engineer - for Kwikfit, so it counts for nought. But I did get to stay at a nice hotel and had an expenses paid vacation for a week. You can reduce a little noise, even remove it completely for a short time, but brakes on older cars especially under heavy use will make some very wild noises. To be honest I don't think AC covers some of the real braking noise, but the squeal in the Porsche 719 Spyder RS60 makes my day. MORE MORE I want more noise not less.

COOOOOOKIES!

Grijo, Dean Ogurek, Snowman38 and 4 others like this.
  19. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

Well we've come to expect this from you boss...:rolleyes:
    but Snowman38!... come on man you really dropped the ball with this thread! :)

20. Horus

Horus Alien

Honestly @Rob capewell How many other developers will own up to a mistake. Come on give credit where credit is due.

Grijo likes this.