1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possibility to show physical wheel ingame

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by elchshooter, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orne

Orne Alien

Thing is, no one here has to agree with your request. You proposed an idea to modders, that's about all you can do. If someone decides to take you up on your idea, great! If not, oh well. It won't be the first time an idea was proposed and was shot down. I've had my share of ideas that many here disagreed with.

You should propose this idea over at Race Department since they have a mod forum.

Horus likes this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

Well for one main reason, he did not call you names. He was blunt and to the point. You sound like so many of the Snowflake Gen, did it hurt your feelings? He told you how it was, don't like it then ignore him. :confused:

rd.king, Octane and Quffy like this.
  3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Why the hell? Forum rules are for everybody, as i understand them. I am fed up with that respectless behaviour and am absolutely not willing to keep quiet. I do absolutely understand, that MH is somehow the neighborhood defence for kunos, the one, because he's no kunos employee defends kunos in a way they can't . But there wasn't even a smell of offense in my question and the reaction was something like shooting someone because he wears wrong shoes.

snyperal, MBK72, norbs and 1 other person like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

No, you were the one that called someone a name, he was blunt and to the point. So in real terms you are the one that broke the rules. So du'h! Anyhoo, good luck with your idea. I'm outta here.

rd.king, Quffy and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. elchshooter

I don't expect ANYONE to agree, i accept if it's considered unnessecary. Did you read the initial post?

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

That is the main VR problem IMO. You are not aware of your real surroundings. And the solution you are suggesting seems to be super complex and probably immersion breaking. If such option would be possible, I think people would still choose to see the accurate wheel which is modeled in originally.

And what about hands, can you press exact buttons in VR when you don't see your hands ? What about H shifter ? Button boxes ? Mouse, keyboard ? And so on.

Bonus:

Why VR is bad:

1. If you have enemies then it is best moment for them to kill you.
    2. You can't prevent little children from causing trouble, because you can't see them. Same with pets.

I'm lacking imagination for more

Ace Pumpkin and mms like this.
  7. elchshooter

In my oppinion to be not aware of your surrounding besides it's a con because of what you said is the biggest pro considering VR. I had times, when i completely forgot about my surroundings. I asked, because if more people wanted such a optional feature, i think it wouldn't be that hard, because we got tons of complete cars in the last months, some wheels(you even can hide/show them seperately if you want, so they they shouldn't be that hard to replace) wouldn't be so hard to implement. But i see, that most people don't need it, so i was and i am okay with that. Really

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

I just thought it would be easier to find the button positions in corners and also improve the connection of what you see and feel in vr as kofotsjanne mentioned in terms of immersion

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Maybe it would work as a mod if it was possible to add external additional .kn5 models like it is in tracks. But it would still be difficult to get it working while disabling original game's model wheel.

elchshooter likes this.
  9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

When I'm getting my T300 Alcantara blablabla next week, I just drive the 599xx!! Problem solved for me! :D

10. elchshooter

Hehe, great solution, but a little bit one-dimensional, unless TM starts to offer some kind of "wheel-rim-season-pass" for you in the future. ;)

Ace Pumpkin, Blamer and kofotsjanne like this.
  11. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Wheel-rim-season-pass, hahaha would be nice, but not cheap I fear.
    Hmmm, I could disconnect the steering wheel from my Giulietta, that'd be another car with 1:1 wheel reproduction in AC! Not many buttons on it though

snyperal and elchshooter like this.
  12. elchshooter

Less buttons, less confusion :D :D

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If it wasnt for those damn buttons we wouldnt have had this thread. :) :p

elchshooter likes this.
  14. elchshooter

That's right. Had 2 before on my g25... i'm very happy about the 12, i just don't find them. ;) But hey... comes time, comes muscle memory...

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I could see an advantage to see our wheel in game while in VR if the fingers of the driver were animated but as it stand now, I do not see it as an advantage and it would prevent from seeing the game wheel, which, to me, is a major immersion factor.
    When the wheel in car is bigger, my real wheel fells bigger as well and I love that effect, the mind works in mysterious way!

Ace Pumpkin, MBK72 and mms like this.
  16. elchshooter

Yes, i see the point. On the other hand i tried some things with the oculus touch controllers, and what i experienced, was, that, even if finger movement in some programs wasn't working properly it helps to see where the buttons of the controllers are, cause if every thing concerning size relations works properly it's very easy to find buttons. As i said, most people with triples i know hide the wheel as i did and only see their own. But you're right, it's always some kind of tradeoff.

17. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

An Oculus Touch Wheel would be nice toy wouldn't it? You would then be able to see your 'hands' wrapped around the wheel, just as with the grip trigger on the touch. The pressure sensitivity and finger position detection on the touch are the best I've experienced, just a slight thumb movement and the on-screen hands match the movement with seemingly no delay. I don't think I'd like the price of a Touch Wheel though!

I also experience the wheel size and shape distortion in VR. It is only something I really notice with Assetto and I think it is the difference in the wheel weight, degrees of input required and lifelike feedback that helps create the illusion.

Cote Dazur and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. elchshooter

Argh.. a touch gt dd-wheel and another one for open wheelers, i think my bank account wouldn't survive this unless i get a foot into weapons dealing. :D

Leap motion sounds very interesting, but i think the implementation would be a lot more complicated than some wheel models.
    I hope i see AC2 with all that and find a 50+ league then ;)

MBK72 likes this.
  20. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Nah, best moment is when you're sleeping, not while you're playing in VR, with potentially adrenaline coursing through your veins.

Easily solved by not having any. Or just lock them up in a cupboard while you play.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Aaanyhooo...... :D To the OP, this would be a bit of a setup, but it is also way better:

MBK72, LeDude83, Cote Dazur and 3 others like this.