1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PRIVATE LOBBYS

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DUNKY- DOPEUS, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

If its at a Q/A stage, they must know what is coming, so why doesn't A/C 505 inform us of what's coming, they know what it means to us and its still the top of requests from xbox and ps4. I mean that big end of month statement the only thing we didn't know already was that private lobbies was going in Q/A.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because if there is some feature in the private lobbies that have went into the QA and that feature not working and wont get implemented, the forum would be set on fire because it was said to be in QA but not in the actual release.

3. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Mmm i got lot of friends of my team ho plays Assetto Corsa PC and iracing...

You don't need an other computer... You open the server (free) and once in the server you mount complete personalised your lobbies...
    You can even add mods like a penalty system lot better than the one of the game.
    And minorating, what is a system like the one iracing offers...

Will it been more "easy" implement the private lobbies options in the IU on PC?
    Yes...

In Pcars there is an UDP app that register Your PB times yes.
    But you have also leaderboards in the game already...thing that Assetto Corsa doesn't have on consoles, well...it hasn't even the PB time table that PC version has.

I understand that you like Assetto Corsa, but there are things that can't be defended anymore...

Like i said, if you got a friend with the PC version go and play with it... You will very easy see lots of difference in all....

Hopefully The console versions get on par with the PC version.... But i really doubt it thanks to replies from Stefano saying about features that are in pc "sadly they aren't planed"

MBK72 likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Another computer to work it well (that is what Ive read). Undoubtedly it is not a confortable way of doing it and people on consoles would use it even less. But at the end, the private lobbies people demand arent neither in consoles or PC.

Im not denying all the lacks, broken promisses and so on of AC. But not everything is black or white.

Im agree with Stefano in some points. For example with cutting down drag mode, that in his words, it was "a pain in the *** to keep updated" and very few people used it. Seems fair. Although that is not excuse for many features we are lacking, I agree.

5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

o_O you don't need an other computer to make it work good... Only a good Internet connection and that's it...
    Bud at the end Assetto on PC has private lobbies.
    Like i said, I've got a lot of mates doing online leagues and Championships in private lobbies since 2014 in AC and know perfectly that You don't need an other computer and that you have a free option and a paid option.

And private lobbies is something that should been in console on day one,more on a sim like AC.

I Really don't understand why you defend bad decisions made with a game you paid for and don't have even all what they promote...

The drag mode was in the pre alpha of Assetto console version... And is a good extra to try acceleration of the cars on the strip....practically nobody plays the carreer mode in PC also....so could also been a pain in the a** add it in console? I've you understand what i mean.... Just like Trento bodone... They already improved tracks before the console launch... Why not Trento?

Like i said... They promote the game working at 1080p 60fps (don't reach 60fps and more inestable driving game i played on ps4 yet)
    The say same options and features as in PC in a new and easier IU.. (Don't reach at all in nothing)
    And after launch, then we learn that "showroom, full replays,Photomode, and more" sadly aren't planed....

Like i said, i like the physics and FFB of the game (on PC lot more) ... But all the rest isn't even on par with PC and with a bad framerate....
    I see more work to promote and sell DLC than work in improving and fixing the game... And that is really sad.
    At least, all what come next after the season pass content (PP3) i don't gonna buy them a single DLC more till i see a real improvement and fixes in the game...

bigbattery, ppbucko and @P73 like this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It was stated somewhere ( By Marco iirc ) customisable lobbies are coming so you can run your leagues. I think that means they are not just private lobbies, if they were I'm sure we would have had it months ago.

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Tio,te lo diré en español porque parece que no te enteras o no te quieres enterar.
    En PC no necessitas otro ordenador, eso lo primero.
    Segundo, tienen salas privadas desde el 2014 y gratis!(puedes opcionalmente alquilar mejores servidores)
    Lo único diferente es la manera de abrirlo, que se hace fuera del juego, por lo que no esta incorporado en el menú del juego propiamente dicho (que es lo que ahora piden los de PC,que añadan lo que tienen en el menú directamente por comodidad...)

Ojalá añadan todo las opciones que faltan como contenido, que no es poco! Te parecería otro juego.

Te recomiendo que pruebes la versión de PC, que los requisitos mínimos no son muy altos por cierto.

Luego a ver si lo sigues defendiendo tanto,que seguramente será que no! Porque por no tener, no tenemos ni las opciones de FFB que hay en PC y por pura mandra...

Realmente no es un port,es una versión basada en Assetto PC pero con la mitad de cosas... Una real pena,porque podría haber sido un grandioso juego en consolas... Y la pena es que en cada actualización hay mas bugs que se añaden a los que siguen ahí desde el primer día.... Pero parece que interesa mas el tratar de vender DLC's que trabajar en el juego y dar lo que se ha ido publicitando antes de su lanzamiento.

Ganas tengo ya de montarme el PC y disfrutar del auténtico Assetto, porque me gusta la conducción que ofrece....

Ahora.. Si me preguntan si recomiendo la versión de consolas.... Pues no!
    Pero la de PC sin lugar a dudas la recomiendo... Hasta el trato que tienen es muy superior al que tenemos en consolas lastimosamente.

Aver si con la compra de Kunos por Digital Bros se espavila la cosa.... Aunque lo dicho anteriormente, lo dudo y espero equivocarme.

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

A mí es lo que me han contado, que en PC para que vaya bien necesitas otro ordenador que actúe de servidor. Que solo se necesita el que juegas? Perfecto, explícale a los de consolas que necesitan un PC para tener partidas privadas.

Y otra vez diciendo que defiendo malas decisiones. NO, no lo hago. Si tú compras un producto, es lo que hay. No te puedes quejar de que no tenga ciertas cosas porque tú al comprarlo estás aceptando el producto. Osea que si ellos dicen "va a ser igual que la versión de PC", pues ya está, si no tiene partidas privadas (repito otra vez, avisaron días antes del lanzamiento) te lo tienes que comer. Ahora bien, el problema viene cuando lo dicen y no lo cumplen, que es lo que ha pasado.

Lo que tenían que haber dicho "el juego no va a tener todas las funciones de PC". Y entonces no habría queja.

Sorry for speaking in spanish

10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

11. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

sorry for speaking in spanish
    well why do it then

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well were are both Spanish, only to give an explanation /opinion in a better redacted way to make it understand better...

Sorry of the Spanish offtopic ;):rolleyes:

paul_wev likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

There wasn't the coma before...
    So sorry,and I'm not the only that badly interpret that information, that is sure.

You don't need a PC as server...(they aren't ubicate inside a PC you now)
    In consoles the online lobbies are hosted in a dedicated server (just like on PC)
    But they didn't make the options to open a lobby in those servers.

In Assetto PC you can open a lobby in those servers since 2014, but not directly in the IU, that is the difference.

Like i said... They did a new IU for consoles, letting lot of things out (information on loading screen, full car descriptions... Etc) and should made the options and screens that allows you to open a lobby in the server before launch.

Why they didn't?.... Maybe they thought that not much people cares of private personalised lobbies..

I realy Don't want to discuss lot more of it...I've you want to understand what i mean OK, if not,well not.

For me,to much difference between the two versions, and lot of things could be implemented before the launch...

Now on a suport forum, we are different as the PC users also... We have to report with a ticket in 505Games... While PC users don't... Completly no sense...

Namco Bandai did/do also the distribution for Pcars as 505Games for Assetto... But to report its all in the official support forum from Pcars... And all things are open in the forums to all the users... PC,Xbox and PS4 treated equally..

I really hope to see one day Assetto console on par with PC version... But sincerely i doubt that... Because they are really different.

There's lot of things also i really would see before private lobbies... Like The framerate... Who is really bad with more than 12 cars on track and giving heavy stuttering if you go offtrack o take damage or driving in the pack.
    Or saving Setups that don't work also really good, or full replays... (crucial for online racing leagues) or track limits cheating fixed and pitstop cheat fixed... Even the false start feature.. Or live delta timing and UDP applications compatibility to have telemetry info and more... Or personal time table like pc version (is not the same as leaderboards)

ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  15. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

obviously slim charles has no idea what hes talking about lol

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Nobody said that, he doesn't tried the PC version and don't know / understand how the server /private lobbies work on PC..
    He has some points of view, I've got others and we are discussing it in a polite way.
    That is all lol

ppbucko and paul_wev like this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you open a server in the server manager your pc act as the server, its not some magic that you get slots on a dedicated server, if you dont want to push out money to rent one or already got an extra pc. Maybe slim charles isnt the only one that doesnt know what hes talking about.

edit:
    it actually looks like charles is the one that is right.

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Your opening a connection with the dedicated server towards the net and hosting in it the lobby.
    So your PC don't act as a server really.
    Here comes one more that don't know what he's talking about

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Are you ****ing serious? Jesus.... It cost money if you want to open a server on a dedciated server, if you dont have an extra pc that can act as a server.

Please, teach me more about how AC works on PC.

from the FAQ:
    1) Go to your AC installation folder (Steam -> Assetto Corsa -> properties -> local files -> browse local files)
    2) Open acServerManager.exe (latest version can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq7j8txccwmsim2/acServerManager.zip?dl=0)
    3) Click on Update Server Content
    4) If your server is running on remote PC, upload the entire "server" folder. Remember to backup the three files listed in the section below: in this case just check for new settings in the new files and add them to your old ones.

Multiple servers on the same PC
    To run more than a server at the same time on the same PC, remember that you have to use different ports for each one, and it is advised to run different executables (acServer for the first server, acServer2 for the second one and so on, or create another server folder somewhere)
    If you want to use this feature on the acseservermanager, it is mandatory to fill the Server Path field with the new .exe path.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  20. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

The whole "console players should think they´re not paying for the private lobbies" argument is quite stupid.

We´re already paying a subscription for online gaming in the first place in both consoles. Plus in no other game in our platforms you have to pay for private servers. AC is not being asked to be groundbreaking, but to catch up with 21st Century.

BoereJack, ppbucko and MBK72 like this.