1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PRIVATE LOBBYS

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DUNKY- DOPEUS, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Would also like to point out that an announcement could just be that we are going to have to wait even longer :(

2. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

ill buy that for a dollar daz730 :)

Daz730 likes this.
  3. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

I think its cost us more than that already

4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

WE'VE PUBLISHED MORE INFO! ;) (See our pinned threads!)

5. So we just keep on waiting !! Dear lord !

6. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Q&A then submission I'm guessing end of February :(

7. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

From the blog, it certainly won't be in the patch for pp3 which is getting submitted next week

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Some people are not going to be happy even when they release private lobbies.

Even when AC has many, many lacks, they manage to do exaggerated judgment about the darker spots of Kunos work.

9. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

So much missing from the sim in the first place but private lobby's should have been there from the start

BiggNasty187 likes this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Agree.

edit: Although I have to say private lobbies arent in the PC version. So they if they add them in the release, still many people would complain about other features missing.

You cant complain about getting a watered down version and that you dont have private lobbies.

And Kunos should have been more cautious and not say they were going to add all the features from the PC (sometimes they said they were going to trying it, but sometimes they said the console version "is not going to be watered down").

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  11. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Yeah well, that´s what happens when there are like dozens of other things missing. Like multiplayer replays, jumpstarts, proper penalty system or making it impossible to spawn on the pits at all times.

The introduction of private lobbies alone is not going to transform this game in a good league platform, they have much more work ahead.

Maxx69 and Daz730 like this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im not dnying it.

13. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I know mate. Maybe I got it wrong but you sounded like you were saying people will always cry because that is what people do. I don´t think so. Players don´t gather here to cry because they enjoy to moan about games, but because the game is not good ATM. Time spent in the forums is often inversely proportional to the game quality :D

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Mmmm.....Assetto on PC version has private servers (you can even rent some)
    And once you open the server you mount your lobby.... So that is quite a "private personalised Online lobby"

Like i said before in the pinned tread,it's something basic in a driving sim game and should been there since launch day..

Will people complain even when they are implemented... For sure! I'm one that if the track limits aren't fixed, box cheat not fixed, penalties not improved, false starts not implemented and still no ability to save a online replay or full replays and bad framerate with more than 12 cars on track that will come back complaining.... Because some of the things like track limits or box cheat are gamebreakers for online racing leagues.

About the promises...every single interview I've seen said that it doesn't will be a downed down version... Featuring same options and features..
    They really shouldn't have launched the game like it is...because it misses a lot of things.

-Setup auto check
    -FFB min.Force
    -Pedal sensivity calibration.
    -Per car FFB gain
    -Personal time table
    -tarmac type (green, optimised, old...)
    -Initial grip level and progression.
    -False starts
    -Photomode
    -Drag mode and stripes
    -Showroom
    -HUD apps (live delta, camera setting.. Etc)
    -Trento Bodone hillclimb
    -Ability to choose AI opponent (not only the single maker or same category)
    -Drift track available in practice mode
    -fov settings like on PC
    -UDP applications compatibility
    -Keyboard compatibility
    -Button mapping

And with that you can add
    -Brake pressure setup option (it was implemented in November with PP2 in PC but didn't come to consoles)
    -Custom offline Championships (implented in December with PP3)

And if i don't remember wrong even one or more cars are missing in console versions like the M4 coupe akrapovic edition (was listed as car that should been in prestige edition on launch.... But it wasn't in...)

So there's reasons enough to complain...more after being playing with the PC version...

Lets hope now with the money of digital Bros that they hire people, and start to speed up the work on the console version to achieve what was promised before launch and should been in the game already.

Because we all want to see the best Assetto Corsa on consoles.. That is the greatest reason why we Are here complaining, reporting and more finally.

Dyr_gl, paul_wev and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

In PC you have 2 options Free servers and those that you can hire...
    The only difference between them is that the paid servers are more stable than the free ones.

But like i said, on PC you make your online personalised lobby free i you want.

About leaderboards, yes even in PC they aren't, there's only a personal time table (even that the console version don't have)
    But nobody bother in PC about leaderboard, cause with RSR leaderboards app MOD it's like having them.

But do yourself a favour, iv you have the opportunity try Assetto Corsa PC and you will see easily the difference in all aspects....from AI to FFB, to downshift, sounds, features and options...

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, but that is not the same as the private lobbies the team is developing. Again, if you put that system, the console public, not used to that kind of service at all (paying for private lobbies), would complain a lot. Much more than now.

Maybe with UPD that problem could be solved.

Cant play Assetto Corsa on PC. My computer is not powerful enough.

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Again... On PC you DON'T have to pay if you want for playing on private lobbies.
    But they have private lobbies and free.
    With the option that you can pay a server with better stability than the free ones.

The way to open a private lobby in PC is different, cause you open them outside the game... On consoles it will be implemented in the IU...That is the difference.

Don't see what UDP compatibility has to do with that... It's an external HUD from third parties, but will be great to have it cause it's Lot better than the HUD in the game..
    On consoles F1 2016 and Project C.A.R.S have the compatibility with UDP applications BTW.

ppbucko likes this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

its more than private lobbies though, the whole multiplayer on console needs an update, we need to be able to alter settings for multiplayer, we need to be able to use all cars on all tracks including the dlc ones. That would be a great start. Just making what we have private wont be much of a progression.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

"If you want"... from I have been told by some people that has the PC version, that is not a real option. You need another computer to act like the server. That's why people rent servers from services like rack service (Why would people pay money if they could do it for free?). Why there are people from PC asking for private lobbies on PC too? You know that in PC there is no real option to play with private lobbies for free. Imagine that Kunos instead of working on private lobbies, they offer the same solution as in PC. The consoles users would not understand why they need a PC and a console to play in private lobbies. Again, lots of complaint.

Well, in PCars I think there is an app to record your times. Could be a solution.

edit:
    Dont think that is what they are working on (that is just as easy as locking an open server with password). Also the CM said private lobbies will be also a solution to the lack of combination on the online. It is not a solution to the public servers lack of combinations, but he/she is implying we will be able to configure private lobbies.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017