1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PRIVATE LOBBYS

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DUNKY- DOPEUS, Jan 13, 2017.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Oh yes we consolios are paying for those multiplayer servers alright, that is what XBL Gold & PSN+ is all about. Even games like Elder Scrolls got that and didn't dare try to implement the subscription model. I agree with you, we're not asking for technical marvel or something that hasn't been done hundreds of times before. Just last night we were talking about when we first got decent multiplayer and private/friends lobbies on Xbox - the Moto GP games always stand out in my mind as both stable and producing some outstanding racing and that was over 10 years ago.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

o_O

So people here thinks dedicated servers come like manna from heaven... I dont know much, no, but at least I know that dedicated servers cost money. Not even the biggest racing franchise (GT) is going to perform dedicated servers for public lobbies (just for the most important races, those between the best drivers in the world, like GT academy or so).

o_Oo_Oo_O

So Playstation plus is Kunos fault? Sure... removed by mod

edit: And im not saying that Kunos must not add private lobbies. They must add them, but not in the release. In the release they should have add all the PC features (and that doesnt include Private lobbies because, for the 10th time, THERE ISNT PRIVATE LOBBIES IN PC) and on the post release they should have add them. Now they have (because they promissed it) to add them both.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think you should delete that pic from your post. :p

SlimCharles likes this.
  4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Take this as the fact it is, nothing personal aimed at you.

Here is the official marketing for the game:

http://console.assettocorsa.net/

Multiple Race Modes include Career mode, special and unique events and challenges. Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!

Fully customisable are the two key words - console users have access to no customisation options at all in multiplayer. The way this is phrased it made the game appear to have the usual access to customisation that has become accepted cars/tracks/assists etc to keep this short. The claims of free practice and race weekends is another issue entirely.

Nwg likes this.
  5. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

i suggest slim charles gos back to the pc side of the forums :D

6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Who knows, maybe he is one of the PC users who just created another console account to share his wide-ranging wisdom here. If only the internet had thought of a way to check that sort of thing...

It's rumoured they sincerely promise to send you a badge in the post for loyalty if you suck up enough...

Plato99, DUNKY- DOPEUS and paul_wev like this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This people is so hilarious. I almost feel pitty for you (not really).

Dude, or you are a child or I cant understand how grown up people can embarrass their self so easily. Obviously you have no idea of what was going on and you posted that comment because it was related with your interests. You dont care about the thruth, you just support another guy in the forum even if he is wrong.

Damn, I pitty you. No one that reads this thread is gonna take you seriously.

Well, not surprise of this comment either. If you had a minimum interest in reading comments that doesnt support your interests, you could see that I have already quoted that phrase in the previous page and explained what would have happened.

And to the other fellow, dont bother to answer. You just have earned a report and you are the first member I ignore in this forum. Congratulations!

8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Donnced the frame rate, your on PS4 you should be grateful your not on Xbox. lol it's even worse.

Donnced2 and MBK72 like this.
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Talking about frame rate, last night I did a few laps on forza 6, then p cars then assetto, you don't release quite how bad assetto frame rate actually is until you go from one to the other.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. SlimCharles, get a job man !!

Daz730, Maxx69, DUNKY- DOPEUS and 2 others like this.
  11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Mmmm,kazanuri said that all GT Sport mode races are hosted in dedicated servers up to more than 20 players.
    Normal online lobbies with P2P servers up to 16 players... In GTplanet treads it's easy to find..
    GT academy as always will bé an leaderboard competition.

Public lobbies on Assetto console are hosted in dedicated servers.. BTW.

You have an option in PC to pay a server, which is more stable than the free ones.
    And like i said, in PC you can access free servers, and open private lobbies, but not directly from the game IU.
    Go to wspracingteam.es and it's easy to corroborate what I'm saying.

In PS4 you can also rent better and mor stable servers, it was even possible in PS3.. The game? Battlefield 4 for example.

For the rest... Assetto console should been a port with all features and options as promised and with private lobbies at launch, cause that kind of simulation game are mostly awaited by people and websites who want to host racing leagues and Championships.

I do really like the physics of Assetto, but i defend my interest and inversions... Not a dev team of any game, and less those who don't even accomplished what they promoted.... But yeah.. I'm the bad guy here because I'm asking some basic things the original version has.

Have a good day.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@kevin.maatman
    Can you please explain to this guy how the servers work on PC.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Ooochh, if it's even worse than on PS4...
    Hopefully they achieve to get it stable at least on both consoles.... Barcelona circuit for example with more than 12 cars can become a good fps stuttering party...
    Should be on of the things that should been improved even before the entry of the private lobbies.

ppbucko likes this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes Barcelona is bad, brands hatch not great, zandvoort not great, all suffer bad in the heavy breaking slow corners, the worst one and I don't even go on it because of frame rate is black cat. 16 cars online is bad.

Donnced2 likes this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Forza is on dedicated servers for private lobbies, it is a inhouse game though.

17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I am on PS4 but I can immediately tell the difference between AC and Forza 6 when racing. Definitely not as smooth, and the smoke/dust clouds kill the framerate. Wish there were some graphics options to turn off, as on PC. Most of the times, however, I play AC as a hotlap simulator (since most of the racing categories, besides GT3, are pretty weak) and It feels smooth.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

It's not unplayable nowhere near that stage. It's just not as smooth running as the others.

19. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Have you lost it, man? :confused: Who the flying hell is saying any of that? You don´t even know what you are arguing for or against anymore or what other people are saying.

You must be quite the ultimate shill to defend the idea that it is cool to release a game in 2016 that lacks basic features that became standard like 10 years ago.

Plato99, BoereJack, Maxx69 and 3 others like this.
  20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Private lobbies missing in 2016 (release) on console is I think a bit of a strange decision, when the competition has them on Xbox.
    No customisation on controls for a sim is unbelievable.
    Hot lap mode that doesn't keep any PB's or a basic leaderboard is well just say I can't get my head around that one at all for a game that's a racing sim. Why put hot lap in.

Maxx69, SlimCharles and Donnced2 like this.