1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus Rift price drop (US, Canada, other places?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mms, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Jebus

Jebus Alien

If I were interested of buying the rift I would definitely want to hear all sides of it, so don't really know what you complaining about.

Horus likes this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

I thought there were enough discussions about the Rift already:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/just-tried-ac-in-vr.43433/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...evolution-of-vr-sim-racing.43163/#post-840178
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dk2-to-cv1.39272/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/best-headset-and-software.40910/#post-806949

But I'm apparently wrong. My apologies to anyone...

Tony74 and Horus like this.
  3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

4. mms

mms Alien

Thank you for your valuable contribution!

Tony74 and Jebus like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No thank you for all those valuable contributions to help derail your own thread. Without any of these silly attempts to try moderate the thread and silence opposing views it wouldnt be as big a mess as it is. ;)

Will just tack this last gem on to this as it was another "valuable contribution." "But keep it on, you're in a good shape." :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Jebus likes this.
  6. mms

mms Alien

Again, apologies for posting something you're not interested in...But keep it on, you're in a good shape.

Tony74 and martcerv like this.
  7. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

@martcerv
    you have nothing better to do with your life?

REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
    martcerv likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe read forum rules, I think that post breaches them. Its clearly positive and such posts are great in a forum, personal insults and zero contribution to the thread topic so well done.

If you want to be smart and make such a post try not actually make your post the only one in the thread that matches your actual complaint. ;)

Here is the most basic forum rule you have clearly breached.

USE CLEAN, POLITE, RESPECTFUL LANGUAGE. Otherwise: Immediate Ban.

Jebus, Horus and victor86 like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

I maybe not the most respected member of the AC forum, if anything I am one of the most disliked. I find it very hard to disregard a combative reply in any form. Now there are many way to reply to such messages, and to be honest I have tried most, but the ones that really cause the most disruption on this forum are those that question the ability to have a voice. There is never a need to tell someone they cannot reply, have their opinion aired, or have their thoughts condemned because they do not follow the same path as others. @Tony74, what gives you the right to speak to someone like that? I bet you would not do that to someone in the street, you would be more respectful, if not you must have a well broken nose. This thread is about a discount on the Facebook Rift, Personally I would not buy it if I was given a £1000 refund. Does that make mine or anyone else's preference less valuable than yours?

Personally I find that you are the sharp end of a needle with such a valueless comment, more so than anyone else in this thread. What did you actually contribute to this thread, where is your opinion on the OP's statement? Martcerv at least gave an honest opinion, you just came here to abuse.

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

And people like you should be banned from here for being completely out of line. Disgusting behaviour.

Horus likes this.
  11. atw

atw Gamer

That's great news, at least for US and Canada :). There doesn't seem to be much of a price drop in Europe, although I think it is cheaper than it used to be.
    If you have an itch for VR, and you can afford it, and you're not too paranoid about the Facebook stuff (which I don't like, either), now's a great time. I paid around 700 euros (~$750) for it and don't regret it one bit. I'm using it exclusively for AC.
    Yes, it's still kind of expensive, but so is a high-end wheel, or a motion seat, or a triple-screen setup, and people are still buying those and raving about them. I'd say VR does a lot more for your enjoyment of simracing than any of those.

Tomcul, mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello,

I will not tolerate such comments in this forum. It's sorted out now.

Have a good weekend.
    Kevin

Ischemica, mms, Horus and 3 others like this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is an interesting point ov view, Facebook rift? Funny. VR mafia? Funny.
    Thing is you might be right, the future of VR in it present form offering; low number of interesting applications, high price entry point between the cost of the unit and the computer, some player unable to handle VR sickness and a resolution we have to adapt to, makes it a challenge for mass appeal.
    The ones who like it though, to drive a SIM, they like it a lot. Like for me going back to monitor is not an option. First you discover having a wheel is a must, even though it is much less practical than a controller and cost a lot more and one day you discover VR and the game changes again.
    I hope VR will keep progressing, 2016 was a great year for VR, we will know soon enough what 2017 will be like.
    But even if it stays as niche as people using triple screen in the simulation world, I am ok with that, what I have today is already so good, it makes my VR future already bright.

14. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Frankly, they're wasting their time with the "cell phone strapped to your head" model.

There are new screens out there now that are flexible to the point that they can actually be doubled over onto themselves. VR will eventually be done on a basic full faced motorcycle helmet and the visor will be the screen. These helmets are already very comfortable, wired for sound, and well insulated. It will not only feel real because of the physical sensation of wearing the helmet, but the visor in it's bent, panoramic display will appear to be so realistic the mind wouldn't know the difference.

That is where VR will wind up. Strapping a flat cell phone to your face isn't ever going to take off.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for sharing, would you also share a link to this promising new development?

mms and Horus like this.
  16. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

So when vr is using these new fangled flexible screens (that are being developed for phones) will you still be of the "cell phone strapped to head model is stupid" opinion?

17. atw

atw Gamer

It sounds like a good idea on paper, at least for simracing. But I don't see this "full face VR helmet" style taking off for general VR applications.

I've been riding motorbikes for the last 13 years, always with a full helmet, and it's comfortable as long as you're in the breeze, but I don't see myself wearing it for any length of time while simracing.
    As soon as I get off the bike the first thing I do is remove my helmet, I can't stand wearing it when I'm not riding. Especially inside, it's suffocating.

VR will improve for sure - lighter, better screens, better FOV, but still "cell phone strapped to your face"-style. At least until we get Star Trek holodecks or direct neural implants :)

18. Horus

Horus Alien

Hopefully after the bank heist!

19. atw

atw Gamer

For bank heists I'm using the Rift, they think I'm Robocop.

20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I was also hinking about this version of a vr device: a helmet where al this VRstuff is crammed into.
    It looks more comfortable to me than the setup now but I'm not wearing helmets often so I don't really know
    just from a simracers' viewpoint it would be really cool!