1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about that AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by piano.player, Jan 23, 2017.

1. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I tend to run low aggression. Max 50%, and this value only with tintops. For openwheelers 0-20%.

Mogster likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Default aggression is 0%. If official cars on official tracks at 0% aggression blindly run into you (while you're racing obviously, not if you stop on the middle of the track) then set the sim to save long replays and record a video of the replay of the lap where it happens. There are always edge-cases and the AI isn't perfect obviously but without video I'd rather expect human driver-error. Speaking from past experience.

3. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

4. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I'll have a mess around with aggression settings and see what happens.

Most of the ramming from behind happens on the first turn on Nords with AI cars ramming me or diving down the left hand side.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Have you tried the Helicorsa app? It helps spatial awareness on a single screen massively.

iannixxenakis and Fat-Alfie like this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's to do with strength, not aggression. Very high AI strength settings on the Nordschleife makes them crash with basically all faster cars in certain locations.

7. iannixxenakis

I'll have a look that app. I've got trackIR which helps but perhaps not as good as triple screen.

Mogster likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I prefer to use CrewChief, which includes spotting over crew radio. HeliCorsa displays exact positions but it's also somewhat distracting and CPU intensive in some situations.

iannixxenakis likes this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I run 75% aggression at minimal.. had maybe 2 or 3 unfair hits since 1.14 release, that happened always on 100% aggression. That's like 50 hours of offline races. I try to forget it's AI and race like multiplayer. Usually if I feel that AI rammed me unfairly, by checking replay I will see that wasn't the case

Would be interesting to see if people with Minorating A-B commonly think "AI rams into me like I'm not even there" ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Minolin and Epistolarius like this.
  10. iannixxenakis

Good one.

11. mms

mms Alien

I'm grade A-B, and AI sometimes rams into me like I'm not even there :) It really depends on the combo, sometimes the AI is amazing, sometimes they just do stupid things :( I wish I had more time to upload some videos, I'm barely able to enjoy AC because of RL :(

12. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

And mb you, mr advocate, can say to me what settings I suppose to set up to achieve at least one smooth AI race? Show me them and I will make a video. Or post "yep it works, with this settings AI is fast and smart and episto not babbler or windbag (or whatever BS talking person is called)" :)

TheReaper GT likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

, @ShredatorFIN , I am MR grade A and I find the AI very civilized, they treat me with a lot of respect and when they hit me on the rare occasion it is 99% my fault, either miss my breaking point, apex or something.
    I favor 100% aggression and adjust the strength with a delta in CM to match my abilities with different car and track combo.

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd try a different track. The Nordschleife is difficult for humans and really difficult to set up AI for.

Stefano did say that the trade off for the new AIs dynamic nature was the occaisional crash.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Why is it that you guys always take everything negative and to the extreme? AI strength determines how quick the AI is, how late they brake. Pretty much any of the faster cars will crash on the Nordschleife on their own in certain places already even after the latest AI changes, before taking AI fights and AI aggression into account. Then on top of that high AI aggression can lead to crashes between AI vs AI or players. You're showing a video on the Nords full of AI crashes set with 0% aggression so that only proves the point or not?

Don't know why that leads you to talk **** about me, what "mr advocate" is supposed to mean or why you think I'm saying I know better and know perfect AI settings. No one knows perfect AI settings, it is difficult and there is no one setting that fits all cars and tracks.

17. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

WTF are you talking about, my dear? Did you tried to setup solo AI on Nords? They can do lap after lap and after lap to empty fuel tank without mistakes on 100% with ease. If you don`t know something do yourself a favour - leave and free our existence from your stupidity and ignorance.
    Thanks.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Go on ahead, throw some more baseless insults my way, will you...

I get the impression it's precisely the opposite. You take your own experience as universal and so anyone who says something different "don`t know something" and is "stupid and ignorant".

That certain cars with certain AI settings have difficulties on the Nordschleife is not a secret and I'm not the only one who reported this. You posted a video of it yourself... If this upsets you, though luck.

19. iannixxenakis

Now now chaps. Let's count to 10 and calm down :)

mms likes this.
  20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I can run AI in Nords without great issues. There are some things here and there but nothing that will break the race.