1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

After playing a bit with the values of the force feedback, I finally got very similar sensations to what I feel on Assetto :cool::):cool::)

Flavour on "Pure". I tried immersive with the values I have and the wheel was doing very weird things.

Tone must be at max or very high levels. It's what tells you when the car is loosing the rear, so it's the most important value by far.

Volume must be low, but not on 0. It's the weight of the car, so in order to have fluidity must be activated but not with high values because it's interfere on the Tone.

FX it's just the vibration related to the irregularities of the road. You dont want that very high because it could cause that the wheel can't keep up with so many forces and you could loose information (Tone) at some points.

Gain it's simply the strenght of all the previous values. You dont want that very high either to no not loose information and avoid those critical points when the wheel can't keep up with all the forces.

Menu spring strengh it's simply the force of the wheel to center itself in the menus.

With the T150:
    Flavour: Pure
    Gain: 75
    Volume: 35
    Tone: 100
    FX: 20 (haven't tried enough, could be higher)
    Menu spring strengh: 0

And remember to eliminate the dead zone!

It's such a same that SMS didn't want to work a little bit more and offer proper predefined settings.

@P73 likes this.
  2. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Yes its a bug, depend on car or track, but they promise it wil be fixed very soon. I juat want to tell 1000 times. So great gane like AC is, must have option to watch replays and saving lap times. Its basic things for racing games. I love both games Ac and PC2

@P73 likes this.
  3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I think I've put my finger on the key difference between AC and pCARS from a driving perspective. AC feels "sharp", while pCARS feels "fuzzy". Everything feels softer, almost mushy, in pCARS. It gives the sensation that things are happening slowly in pCARS. For example, when transitioning the NGK chicane in the 488 GT3 in AC, the transition feels sharp. I can feel the car "bite" through the FFB. In pCARS, I can feel the transition, but it feels much softer. It's like there's a damper on the forces.

I feel this all over the place in pCARS, and I feel like I have to anticipate it. It leads to a feeling of disconnectedness. Quite the opposite of what I feel in AC. I'm still enjoying pCARS, but I can definitely say that the driving experience in AC is more dear to my heart.

This is, of course, all subjective experience, so it will vary from person to person.

Push412 and @P73 like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

@bradleyland Check out my post just upon the post of Silvio.

I repeat it: SMS were lazy and decided to not work on proper predefined settings so the enjoyment of the game depends a lot on the settings of the force feedback.

5. jelydonut

jelydonut Rookie

SlimCharles,

2 questions I am still looking to get answered before I consider purchasing it..

1. Are you on PS4?

2. Is there a deadzone on your T150? I have a T300, but know they will be close as also have a T150 I've been lazily trying to get rid of..

Thanks!

6. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Good to hear that, I'll also try your settings later on. But honestly, I don't think what has been displeasing me about this game is its FFB system, but how most cars handle in a strange way. FFB is in fact improved if compared to the previous version, except braking is still not very well felt through it, imo.

But physics seems way off to me! Yesterday I tried both Accuras, the road version and the GT3. The first felt as if it was contanly being pulled off by some invisible magnet, so strangely it behaved through corners. The GT3 had nothing of that intuitive and natural flow around the track, so common with cars of this category. It seemed to drag strangely all along, in a way that resembled the Tankpool truck in Forza 7's demo. I'm not meaning to bash it up, honestly, it's just what I felt.

What of Pagani's Zonda Cinque? Can it be possible this car would actually handle that way? I honestly don't think so, although I'm open to the possibility of being wrong... I use a G920 wheel and pedals and everything is well calibrated and configured, I'm sure

The best experience I've had in PCars 2 up to now was with their X-Bow. It felt more convincing, but still no comparison with the one in AC: that's a work of art! But I've come to understand there's no way to want both games to be comparable as they're simply different entities. All I want is to like PCars 2 just enough so I can use its tracks with at least a minimum of pleasure; it's good for me that X-Bow can now serve this purpose.

SlimCharles and bradleyland like this.
  7. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Maybe GT Sport would kill both games after all ??? ;)

8. @P73

@P73 Simracer

You've described it in a way I wouldn't have been able to. It's precisely what I feel.

bradleyland likes this.
  9. bradleyland

I spent a lot of time tweaking my FFB settings, and coincidentally, I ended up with settings very similar to yours (I'm on a T300 though). Thankfully, most of them can be changed while on the circuit, which makes it way easier than tuning pCARS 1. Amazing, I must say! I wish we had this option in AC :)

In general, I like the FFB in pCARS 2. I think the problem is more with the tyre model & physics. As @P73 points out, there are just some strange characteristics of the cars that don't match my real life experience with cars, while AC (generally) does.

SlimCharles and @P73 like this.
  10. bradleyland

To be 100% clear, I'm enjoying pCARS 2, and I really do have to hand it to SMS for some of the really innovative things they're trying. There are, of course, bugs too, but the driving experience is just outside of the zone that really puts an indelible smile on my face. I'm still going to keep at it, because the racing is good with friends. We can get a lobby going with a tight group and blaze through various cars and tracks. Last night, we raced four separate car/track combinations in less than 1.5 hours. We can never seem to pull that off in AC because of the way lobbies must be created & exited every round.

I'm still playing AC and loving it though!

My genuine hope is that Kunos and SMS flourish, so they can keep releasing new versions of the games. I'll continue to buy games from both developers, because their product demonstrates that they care deeply about racing simulation. No, neither of them get it right 100% of the time, but they keep climbing back on the horse trying to get it right. For that, I applaud them.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

@bradleyland @@P73 I agree with both of you. Physics and tyre model are way off compared to Assetto.

1. Yep
    2. No. I didn't expressed myself properly: when I said "eliminate the deadzone" I intended to say that you have to set the deadzone to 0 on the menu (it's predefined to 1).

@P73 likes this.
  12. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

Since the last console update we have this option. :)

SlimCharles likes this.
  13. bradleyland

Wait, you can change FFB settings while in the game in AC now!? I had no idea!

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Yep. I forgot about that. Go to menu, press square and there you have it.

@P73 and Reinart86 like this.
  15. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

Yes just go to - pause menu>controls>advanced

@P73 likes this.
  16. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

I can relate to this, i have put a good few hours now into PC2. On the G920, there is a bug with this wheel, fix is coming in the next patch, horrific wheel movement side to side in a straight line even with FX = 0 and car at a stand still.

To get back to the point, the cars feel mushy, so much understeer, they tend to just glide around sometimes still cannot put my finger on it. Very unpredictable lap to lap, i honestly feel they have some serious goings on in the background regardless of TC, ABS or SC being turned off, it seems like something is doing to the care what you do not want it to do, if that makes any sense.

For example just take the Ferrair GT3 for a spin around the redbull ring in both PC2 and AC with default settings,,, let me know what you think?

bradleyland and @P73 like this.
  17. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

I just found a new one online.

Try this and tell me it's not better than anything you have tried... I hope
    Flavour: Raw
    Gain: 80
    Volume: 60
    Tone: 63
    FX: 40
    Menu Spring Strength: 0.00

Hope this helps, it has for me. I'm now sellling A/C sorry.

18. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

You are so right. There is really something wrong with the sound that comes out of the car on these occasions which I have noticed:

Loss of traction: Sounds like steel scraping the discs
    Rear Bumper Cam: Low sound quality, not right, and so wrong on many cars
    Rear bumper cam driving angle does not turn the car as in A/C which is a let down.
    Race Replay: Poor 5.1 surround sound quality.

I honestly believe PC2 was made for headphones and VR which I'm yet to try but will be getting this Xmas. A/C will not be VR approved which is a major let down.

I honestly believe in PC2 because the same thing happened with PC 1, and after about 6 months they fixed the issues. Even though it took a while it was worth it back then.

Overall besides the issues straight out of the door Project Cars 2 is a far better racer and game than Assetto Corsa and it's got to do with funding. Assetto Corsa has limited material and man power. The only thing I can see which they have done is create a benchmark for all other developers in the simulator arena to try and match or exceed everyone's expectations.

For the money PC2 is a better game. As a sim it's still not right there but neither is Assetto Corsa nor will it ever be.

A/C might have a few driving qualities pegged but for the most part it lacks in quality and reliability and it's been years and years since it has come out on PC and now on console, in other words they had their time in the light. They have had the time to improve it and have dropped the ball in my opinion. They could have been PC2 and more but they have not gone down that road and it's sad because A/C is a great game but in the overall aspect of the games PC2 is better and more enjoyable with more cars, tracks, effects and it's community is slowly growing. The online community is massive as we speak I can see all servers full of enthusiastic racers .

You would not believe me when I say all the flipping servers are empty for A/C in Australia.. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Peace and I'm out.

Btw if you ever decide to turn to the dark side and join the move over to PC2 and leave this forum of Pc Assetto Corsa loving self denying tools ?

Here are my racing specs for FFB in Pc2 for your enjoyment. It'll save the stuff around I've had trying different settings.

It works great on Ps4 with a G29 wheel and 6 speed shifter

Flavour: Raw
    Gain: 80
    Volume: 60
    Tone:63
    FX 60
    Menu Spring Strength: 0.00

All the best

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

And now, go through various cars of all flavours with these settings. Does the FFB work well on all cars like it should be in a good sim? Or did you just create a good feel for your favourite car(s)?

Gain should be the only thing that needs a little tweaking in between cars.

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Increase in settings "speed sensitivity" from "0" (its like that on default) to "45"..
    That setting makes that at certain speed wheel rotation is harder and avoid the "overdrive" you mentioned..

Speed sensitivity at "0" is really like a little cheat....

It was ben colins (the stig) ho said that in the WMD2 forums... And recomended that setting at 45 for being as near "real live" behaviour...

What i don't understand is why they let in the game this option / setting....
    The dev team should have putted it at "45" and locked /grey out this setting.