1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Didn't say that it changes the physics.
    But it doesn't alow turn at higher speeds with it at "45" than "0" trough the FFB.
    That is what I've understand reading reply i replied.

Like always, i just wanted to help.
    I isn't what you need / want or was talking about, ok im sorry.

And the setting is for the wheel, all of them affect the FFB. So it's not only intended for the controlers in my point of view..
    Like the "damper saturation" adds weight to the FFB wheel and i prefer it nearby 0-10 and play with the gain and volume sliders.

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Interesting, can you screen shot your settings please, I now I'm on a different console, got a tx wheel though. Unlike p cars 1 it doesn't take all night to try something different. Thanks

Pip_-72- likes this.
  4. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

What I dislike about the "Speed Sensitivity" setting is that it changes the steering ratio with speed. This is a feature of some road cars, but I don't know of any race cars that use a variable ratio steering rack (I'm sure there are some).

I consider it an "assist" of sorts. It's a break with the simulation of the actual car. For example if an F1 car is twitchy at high speeds because of its steering ratio, that's because the real car is twitchy at high speeds due to the steering ratio. Adding a speed sensitive steering rack is no different than adding ABS to a vintage F1 car, for example.

In summary: Adjusting "Speed Sensitivity" changes the mapping between your inputs and the car. It's not just a FFB change; it actually changes the mechanics of the car. This breaks authenticity.

Granted, this is every individual players' decision to make, but I want to preserve as much authenticity as I can.

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I pretty had the same sensations as yourself.

[​IMG]

The last 5 values seem to work only with the helmet cam, so I didn't touch them. I have high speed shake on off, world movement on 100 (this value is what makes the most dramatic movements), and G forces on 50 (on Assetto, even when it doesnt seem that way, there are g forces too).

@P73 likes this.
  6. bradleyland

SlimCharles brings up a good point. "Helmet Cam" is a view you probably want to avoid if you don't like movement. pCARS has two "cockpit" views:

Cockpit - A camera view within the car, situated where the driver would normally be.
    Helmet - A camera view similar to cockpit, but with added effects such as look to apex, depth of field, and head movement resulting from g-forces.

@P73 likes this.
  7. @P73

@P73 Simracer

That's the point that was misleading to me... Because I play cockpit view without the helmet, I hadn't touched the 'helmet settings' in the 'movement' section. But now I set all 'helmet' adjustments to nought and it seems to have impacted on the movements for cockpit, even outside the helmet mode.

I haven't tested it extensively yet since the changes I made, but my impression is it now seems to be better...

SlimCharles likes this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Here you go,meanwhile I've put "speed sensitivity" to "15"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thank You, I will try next time I'm on, got FM7 now as well so time is becoming the biggest issue.

Donnced2 likes this.
  10. Darera

Darera Gamer

After a week, even if it is a little early, to draw definitive conclusions, there is nevertheless some evidence.Everyone is still looking for gameplay settings.2 questions arise. Either, everyone is very bad in setting, either the game is so bad, it is not adjustable to have a satisfactory balance.In my personal opinion, the game in the current state of things, is simply not adjustable to obtain a good feeling and a satisfactory control of the piloting. Which is nevertheless, one of the essential conditions, to be able to qualify the game , racing simulation.The sensation of the FFB, rests on a single element. Moving weights. There is no return of the tire grip, either horizontally, vertically or laterally. No more than a shock absorber. When you can feel a track edge (vibrator) it is only felt by the chassis vibration and not by the work of the suspensions.In the current state of things, it is most certainly, the worst game stamping simulation that has come out so far. Toca touring, V rally or Coling McRae, considering the technical possibilities far below the time, were much better in terms of sensations.
    A very big update is necessary to rectify this and could at this time make it a very good game.
    For those who will say that AC was not perfect at its release, I will say that from day 1, AC was perfect in terms of driving and sensation. The problems were elsewhere, we were looking for circuits and cars. lol
    Pcars 2 is exactly the opposite of AC, a lot of content and little sensation. AC has many feelings for less content.
    If we go back on the tests, site reviews and specialized testers. Then there are a few questions. Are they so incompetent or are they so influenced?

@P73, gandlers and Reinart86 like this.
  11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

"Money talks and bull**** walks"

pippo10, Darera and Reinart86 like this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

There is a big post of mine just a couple of pages before saying I found a setting very similar to assetto in a very short time :rolleyes:

I agree the force feedback settings should be like in Assetto: plug and play and no possibility to touch the core of the force feedback because the dev has already done for you and it delivers the best force feeback possible (to add that in the real car you can not touch the "force feedback", even in cars with electric steering no further than the strengh of the wheel). But what you say it's no where near the reality with PCars2. At least with Force feedback: very simple, intuitive and easy to configure.

Donnced2 and @P73 like this.
  13. bradleyland

That's true. I will say, I'm thankful that there aren't 47 sliders, with an additional 12 per car! :)

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ian Bell had the balls to defend the force feedback on PCars 1 :rolleyes:

15. Rennen

Rennen Gamer

No way that any racing game could shut Assetto Corsa, it's too charismatic, hand-made product from the true car enthusiasts. But SMS with Indycar license and wet laser-scanned Fuji made me much interested in PCars 2.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  16. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I personally tend to agree wite @Darera. No matter what I try not even FFB feels convincing enough to me, even if obviously better than it used to be. Physics wise... I give up. It's just unconvincing, no more no less. Not even camera movements I can tweak to my liking (what I said above about the 'helmet' settings is just plain wrong. No actual changes, of course). Cars sound, dashboards, visuals... None of these things fully please me, but I would be willing to wink at them if I had liked better the way cars handle.

To me, superior gaming options and a weather system simply can't beat superior handling. I'm almost admitting I've made a mistake and giving up on this game. I'll try the settings Donnced posted above and this is it. No need to say it's all my own view and I'm glad for those who are genuinely satisfied with their purchase. Opinions are only opinions and it's often positive there's such variety of them.

Darera, ElPueblo and MaxStrong01 like this.
  17. Darera

Darera Gamer

So simple, intuitive and easy that after a week ... everyone is still looking.
    Then everything depends, what you are looking for, simulation or arcade ..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    MaxStrong01 likes this.
  18. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It could depends on the taste of every person. Also it doesnt have the magic feel of Assetto (it's close, but noticeable worse), so if you are looking for that I recomend you to not work on it too much, because I dont think it's possible.

I would like to add that it could be possible that some cars dont feel right. With my settings, all the cars I've tried works from good to excellent... except for one: the Diablo GTR is the worst thing I've ever tried. The force feedback of that car it's completely broken. My godness it is bad.

Who is everyone?
    Im looking to enjoy all the racing games.

@P73 and Donnced2 like this.
  19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Too play p****tyCars you’ve to first study the game, read the manual, take a week vexation to study all settings then after your wife/gf leaves you then (maybe) you’re ready for racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Hi Guys

I have been trying to set the FFB in PC2 to be as much as possible similar to Assetto ( knowing that is not possible of course) and I think one effect is totally missing which really gets the FFB of Assetto unbeatable.
    In AC you take any car , you go straight and you hit the brake.. the steering wheel will shake.. it is because of that effect you understand where the limit is on the breaking.
    In PC2 after days and days, I cannot reproduce the same effect.
    Am I going mad or did you notice the same?