1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Darera

Darera Gamer

Do not exaggerate and put everything on the back of the game.:rolleyes:
    You must have been before.:p
    As there is no friction effect of the tires, you can not find the tires blocking effect. It's as simple as that.:(
    Why make complicated, when there is way to make it simple?:cool:

2. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I did not understand anything of what you wrote.
    Can you articulate?

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Darera

Darera Gamer

The game has no FFB return, tires.
    In this case it is impossible to get this effect in your steering wheel.
    You have to rely only on the soundtrack of the game.

4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

thanks for the reply.
    I hope they introduce it in the future

5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi,you have also wheel shaking with heavy braking in Pcars 2.
    Try my settings, and tell me if it's that you where looking for. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Thanks for sharing this but it does not work for me. I think the effect I have been looking at has not been implemented by developers.

Donnced2 likes this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Where is the realism in a game zooming for you? Blurring the dash? Both arcade need for speed features. If you look ahead in AC you don't see the dash, its blurred by your own vision, look down at the clocks and they're in focus. In pc2 if you look down at the clocks they are still blurred, I know you can switch it off, but, yea realism.

8. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

In PC 1 you could turn off those effects,so im pretty sure you can do the same in PC2

bradleyland likes this.
  9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

First of all, look to apex and g-force movement are not "arcade need for speed" features. They're beneficial for the purposes of immersion in cases where you don't have triple-monitor or VR available. I don't care for the DoF feature — I frequently look at my gauges, and I'd prefer they not be blurred — but they're not "arcade" as you put it.

It's simply built on the presumption that you'll spend 100% of your time looking at the road. In these cases, it adds to realism, because your eyes wouldn't be focused on the cockpit; hence the blur. Think of it as a poor man's 3D.

All this "OMG arcade/simcade" garbage surrounding pCARS needs to stop. SMS have put a pile of effort into realism. More so than just about any other title available on consoles. What other racing sim (on console) will give you a +1 position penalty for repeatedly crossing the pit line or violating pit lane speed limits?

I prefer the FFB in AC, and I still believe that pCARS 2 physics fall a little short, but SMS have absolutely set out to emulate reality, not build an arcade game.

the_stig90 and paul_wev like this.
  10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

After trying the configuration and FFB settings Donnced posted above, I felt cars started responding much better to inputs when cornering. Even if still not exactly as I expected, everything became far more informative in terms of feedback than before, livelier.

PCars 2 would now be quite playable if... my wheel hadn't got so incredibly twitchy and nervous to the point of becoming unusable (regardless of car or speed). My G920 now feels like an ultra-fast windscreen wiper on straights; when cornering, it's better than before.

I had been using steering deadzone set to '1', 'informative' flavour and no damper settings, whereas Donnced's settings had me changing them to '0', 'immersive', plus new damper values: effect values have also been raised. This is like a crossroads: If I choose my former settings, the game is playable but lifeless; If I use his, it becomes much richer in feedback information but rather unplayable, because of the twichy wheel on straights.

I checked if more people were having this issue on their G920 / Xbox and found plenty of them stating the same in PCars' forum.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51576-Logitech-G920-Issues

I don't know if this issue is limited to this wheel on Xbox, or even if it has been officialy acknowledged as an issue by developers. For now, I've decided to stop playing PCars 2 until something is done to address this problem, if done at all.

Donnced2 likes this.
  11. bradleyland

There's a lot of this sensation going around. I've (luckily) managed to identify some playable settings (PS4 + T300), but there are some cars that are strictly off-limits right now. The KTM X-Bow R, for example, has virtually no feedback whatsoever. The only upside is that SMS does tend to patch fairly quickly. Bandai Namco is a huge company, and they appear to have the patch process down pretty well. Fingers crossed, because I'm loving a lot of the content, even if the physics/FFB aren't spectacular.

@P73 likes this.
  12. Darera

Darera Gamer

- F1 2017

How do you want us to stop react?
    The truth should always be stronger than the lie.
    Always praise the qualities of this game, which does not have, for the moment, from a point of view sensation, simulation,
    Inevitably you provoke the answer. Also on a space dedicated to another games.
    At first it could be a form of information,
    Now we can consider this as a lack of respect for Kunos and his AC game.
    Prohibiting reactions that do not go in the direction that you want to influence is also the opposite of democracy !

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  13. bradleyland

I have no clue what any of this means.

I would add only this, Stefano himself has posted to the forum to say that, "Anyone who thinks Project Cars is not a simulator doesn't know what the term means." I'm paraphrasing, of course, but that's the quote as best as I can recall it.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I suppose Darera want to mens that of you want to discuss about set up, configurations and other topics like these you should do it the right environment: PC2 forum . I honestly agree with him as these topics are out of theme from the goal if this thread that was to discuss about the eventual impact of PC2 on AC and to compare the 2 products. AC forum should be to discuss AC topics and not competitors. I am sure you agree with this.

15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

They are aware about the center of the wheel issue, and they said it will be fixed in the next update... Lets wait and see.:)

@P73 likes this.
  16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Really?? I think it is exactly the opposite.. Stefano wants to know what AC gamers like and dislike about PC2. Even better that is in his forum.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Technically, by the definition of the term; Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars, Driveclub... are simulators.

But almost every sim racing fan uses the term with only the best ones of it's time (because GT could be the best simulator if it was launched in the 90').

Project Cars 2 is difficult to catalog. It's a worse simulator than AC/RF2/AMS/Iracing... but it's not easier* so it doesn't quite fit on the "definition" of simcade, games that offer a realistic behaviour but not at the level of the simulator already named in order to offer an easier playability to appeal the big audience.

*As a matter of fact it's quite much more difficult than AC beacuse with the current ffb, while being better than PC1, it's not good enough and in some cars you loose the rear with no warnings.

18. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I missed that this thread was requested by Stefano. In any case what I said is not far from your consideration : the threads is to speak about PC2 in relation with AC. To me it means to discuss any highlight the differences in terms of strangeness and weakness of the 2 games in comparison.
    Do you really think that provide the ffb set up is in theme with it? Do you think it carry any added value to the thread?

19. @P73

@P73 Simracer

You're right. But to be fair, sharing settings of that game in this thread is not outside of the scope of it, imo. If it's alleged that PCars 2 can only work 'almost' properly with 'ideal settings', lets see how it works with the best ones that have been found and then compare, if you like. That's fair enough, I think.

To me, as stated above, I find that better settings really improve the playability of that game up to a point. But comparing it to AC? I think there's just no way to do that. They're different things altogether, no matter how well you may tweak PCars 2. And why the need of tweaking? Why not good enough right out of the box, like AC? I think this, in itself, already points to the immense difference in quality between both, if any comparisons could be made.

20. bradleyland

I prefer to leave forum moderation to the forum moderators.