1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. The tone setting depending on what you prefer to know from the car. I like values around 40.
    But in general the game is on the graphic side a downstep to the old Xbox one pc1. Not about the details. But the dynamic resolution is not the best to handle the performance issues. On Xbox one PCars2 is light-years away from Forza7 even they have now dynamic weather and dynamic day and night.
    Not that I want compare apples and oranges.....But the shadows look sometimes Xbox 360 level. Even the trees.....And when you look wider then 50 meters you see low details and extreme alaising.
    To be fair not all tracks are that low quality. But the newer one look Bader than the old beside the real good locking rally cross tracks.
    Game can't handle more than 19 AI. If you take more game switch in slow mo. And laptimes increase over 25%.
    Physics hmmh I'm not sure if the Xbox build is really the same on PC. GT 3 and GTE Cars feel restricted. To make it short. Assetto is better

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    MaxStrong01 and @P73 like this.
  2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It works great for all cars (at least for the bunch I tried: 918, GT3RS, EVO, C63, F Type, Enzo...) even compared to Assetto (not at the level but close).

But the strengh of the wheel varies from car to car (like in Assetto), so you have to set Gain at the max strengh you can handle with the hardest cars.

Donnced2 likes this.
  3. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Starting that every single game is different...

Q: Is FFB on Pcars2 as assetto?
    A: NO, it isn't, but can get near to it and the game offers a good FFB.

Q:Are the Physics as on Assetto?
    A:No, but they are a real good improvement to Pcars one and really nice focused towards a "reality feel", PCars2 offers rain, offroad,livetrack.. And all those aspects abuse on CPU...So not the best sim,but isn't the worst either... On a good level seeing all what the game try to cover.

For me,together with Assetto, the best you can get on consoles..
    It's buggy and have some problems, just like assetto when it was launched (and has still a lot of bugs) and other games..
    Seems that it's becoming normal to see games launched like that nowadays...
    So, patience, and wait the updates to improve and fix the software

MaxStrong01 and Alex1996 like this.
  4. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

I completely agree (I'm on PS4).
    Assetto Corsa is fantastic for feelings given by FFB, but it's too poor of content and at the end I get bored quickly and I just use it for hotlap.
    PC2 is really improved than PC1, clearly FFB isn't as real as AC, but the amount of cars and tracks is great, and I have fun against AI. And, of course, I love to drive through the rain or the night.
    But I still love AC, I think that the one doesn't exclude the other.

Silvio-zgb and Donnced2 like this.
  5. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

If only all of you guys could stop pre-ordering games. THAT WOULD BE GREAT! :)
    [​IMG]

6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well.... If that would be the solution to get the games bug free on launch i would stop preordering a game.

But that isn't the case..

Complex software like an assetto o Pcars 2 with lots and lots of lines of written code isn't easy because a single bad placed "," can cause an huge bug / issue..

They also have to pay the team monthly for there work... And incomings comes from the software sales... So a development team can't afford to spend money on licencing costs and other things without launching software...

And finally... Look GT...4 years in development.. They are a team that have money and time for doing that... But users complaint because there isn't a GT on new gen still... And others complaint that when it will be launched it's gonna be outdated in some aspects...

So,finally i understand that little studios launch their game for economy aspects and also to avoid launches of other games..
    Also, with Assetto I've learned that with patience al become better trough updates.
    So other games will improve also...

Depends of how you want to see your glass... Half empty or half full.

Everyone is free to do what they want..
    You can wait until with the months the game get fixed and polished or jump in on launch day and start to enjoy the game and give a little help with reports...

Because 4 eyes also see more than 2 :)

@P73 likes this.
  7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

So, I tried messing around with this setting, and all it does is change the steering rack ratio at speed. All due respect to Ben Collins, but I think he might have misunderstood what the setting is for. The description provided in the menu says:

"Speed Sensitivity allows you to adjust how sensitive your vehicle is in response to your controller steering input, and how much steering lock is applied, at high speed. A higher value will make the vehicle less sensitive with the wheels turning less at higher speeds. Using a lower value will make the car more twitchy and sensitive to input at high speed, as the wheels will turn more, and at a faster rate."

This is primarily a setting for gamepad users, who often struggle with small inputs at high speed. I tried it at 0, 45, 55, and 100. Trying it back-to-back at 0 and 100 makes it very obvious that this is only adjusting the steering ratio. It doesn't impact physics. It does impact FFB though, because you, effectively, have a slower FFB ramp (because of the change in ratio).

@P73 likes this.
  8. Darera

Darera Gamer

By following this "logic" for a good balance between the two parts.
    It would be just as logical, as against cons, a game that would cost 60 € / $, in finished version. We will only pay it 30 € / $ on its release, then from time to time 5 € / $ to the same ryhtme as the update. To arrive 2 years later, at the total price. Finally not quite, let's say around 50 € / $ since very often they decide a version 2, before they have completely completed the first.
    You think they will agree?
    It is, however, logical

Silvio-zgb likes this.
  9. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Maybe you could help me with these other settings... I always play cockpit mode and find the camera moves too much to my taste. I feel even the exterior environment shakes in a rather unnatural way, pretty similar to what I used to dislike in Forza 6.

Project Cars 1 didn't seem to have shaking effects to this extent, I think. Even when braking and cornering the camera has some weird (imo) side movements that I've been desperately trying to get rid of, with no success so far. I read the menus, try this, try that and... nothing.

Do you know if there are any specific camera settings that would address this what I consider to be a problem?

10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Would we get £5 back if the update broke more than it fixed.

bradleyland likes this.
  11. Darera

Darera Gamer

In the camera settings, you have 2 tables.
    The first is the angles of the camera.
    Then you have an option that must be set with the values, yes or no.
    I advise you to choose "no" to adjust your camera angles. the "no" option also cancels out, if you will, the pilot's move into the passenger compartment. Selecting "no" cancels the effects of the following settings on the same settings page. If you choose "yes" you will have to adjust them according to your preference.
    The second page is more precisely devoted to the camera's motion adjustments and in its second part, specific to the helmet view (not to be confused with cockpit)
    If you set all these parameters to zero, you will delete all camera movements.
    Hopefully this can help

@P73 likes this.
  12. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

There are a handful of settings you'll want to tweak.
    • Go to Options > Camera
    • Press R1 (upshift) to switch to the Movement tab
    The settings here should be pretty self-explanatory. Each one has a description that (by my observation) is accurate, so far.

@P73 likes this.
  13. Darera

Darera Gamer

I thought, I did not dare go so far in logic.
    The goal is not, that we are richer than them in the end.:D

14. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Try turning the g-forces down to 0. I am talking about this...

[​IMG]

@P73 likes this.
  15. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

The ffb works well at the moment with most cars. There are from what I have tested 10 cars that do not respond well. Those cars are mainly older vehicles or road cars which require further tweaking in the vehicle setup in game which you can change on the fly whilst in quick race or online multiplayer. The response is instant which saves time. This sim is getting better and better as time passes.
    These people bagging it are their A/C fan boys or find it difficult to adjust to a new racing sim.

16. Oh really?
    upload_2017-9-29_9-52-50.jpeg

17. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

I love it how the drivers head leans to the corner and zooms, if gives you a feeling of like you are in the moment, in full concentration and for a split second think you are there in game. A/C just doesn' thave that realism

18. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Thanks mates. It's strange I had been to the right place to make these changes and missed them altogether. I wasn't drunk, so I must have been inattentive due to impatience or something.

Thank you all for the help!

bradleyland and ElPueblo like this.
  19. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Without driving assists is very lot of fun

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  20. Darera

Darera Gamer

I also love all these functions configurable in the menus.
    Finally, a real menu worthy of a real simulation games on PS4.

Too bad that once on the track, this game is bad at all points.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017