1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Top CAR MODS. Only the best of the best.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well... nice car, I never even heard about it, it is interesting, unfortunately looks to me like this is ripped from somewhere, physics probably will be altered physics from some similar car, and same for sound. And the link that you put in seems like real RIPPED aka stolen content nest, really horrible stuff....

A lot of "gems" there, and it turns out that this car is made by...... Smallblockhero, the true hero.
    [​IMG]

Agree on this. Though I always thought that lowish version numbers of this car are misleading, and reducing the mod, a bit confusing. Patrik Marek has a lot of other BTCC cars as a WIP, perhaps a bit too much to chew, such work takes lots of time, even for very skilled guy. And then there are also physics and sounds ! I think most of people knows this mod, as it is one of the earliest quality mods for AC. Really nasty car. It is one of those cars which are a bit challenging, so people complains, I think it is all rounder mod, very very good. Not without a reason it is in top5 of AC car mods in RaceDepartment. I really think this is well deserved to be mentioned here.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Mascot and garyjpaterson like this.
  3. Mascot

Mascot Racer

You haven't used Assettoland before? I thought it was everybody's go-to site for grey car mods. There's a lot of trash on there, but there's also a lot of nice rips if you aren't too precious about lineage and just want something new to fart around with for a while.

I'm pretty sure the Fiat X1/9 Dallara is converted from the Spirit of '76 rFactor mod, but might be wrong.

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well if someone put in his heart into physics, and even better into sounds too, then I could forgive for them to roll around silently in the dark corners of internet... But all those other garbage crap, pseudo-modders stuff should be permanently deleted from internet, and uploaders found, forced to drive their rips for 10hours non stop in terrible oval track mod with broken physical mesh with eyelids open like in Clockwork Orange. And then banned from internet for the rest of eternity or only be able to use internet while strictly guarded, with only possible way to redeem their sin by doing a proper mod from scratch.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

After reading your post I feel so good you are not in charge of anything. How about letting every one choose what they want to download and appreciate. Any one willing to share anything for us to enjoy is welcome in this free world. No one is forcing you to download anything, why would you feel like forcing any one not to share what they feel like sharing?

6. Orne

Orne Alien

Posting ripped content is frowned upon. This thread might be knee capped before long.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well I was only half serious. I thought that if I will not put in simley faces it will be funnier because it is clearly absurd mixed with reality anyway. But the point stays the same, ripped content should not be happening. There is a problem that they exist, and that so many simracers support them, it is just bad, ripped is a shame. Once in a while someone gets physics really nailed, and itching to share, I could understand, but many are just simply littering the volume of mods. And I think that it is unacceptable to bring in ripped content together with mods done the right way, and especially in official forum. And the biggest problem is not even their usual poor quality, but the fact that they just rips off someones work, without a credit, without asking... I don't understand why I am even explaining that now.

To put in short no rips should be in this thread, and in this whole forum.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

:)
    I totally agree with you as far as this forum, that any illegal/Grey/ripped without specific consent, should not be discussed or link offered. As it is specifically expressed in the rules of this forum and been explained by the Kunos management team.

All I am saying is what is happening between my hard drive and what is available on the internet is Strickly my business.
    If I fell like working on the physic of some mod for my own use on a particular 3D model that I am not able to generate myself and is not available to me other wise, I am glad to be able to find them and that again is my private business and bring me joy in making AC a better experience for me. So I am thankfull to any one that is willing to share what ever they feel like sharing,( as long as no sim player was physically injured in the process :)) and I will be the judge (and jury) of what stays on my hard drive.:D

9. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Happy to comply in light of comments above (and apologies to all concerned) but I don't seem to have the option to edit the X1/9 Dallara out of my post.

10. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

whats wrong about it? Had a mate (who owns and tracks a Seven in real life) throw it around Bilster Berg for half an hour, and he was astonished (which is rare for an iR head like him) how close it felt to his real deal

Kristaps and chksix like this.
  11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Ginetta by Shaun excellent
    RSS GT series(550/Viper/Lister Storm/Murc R-GT are so awesome)
    Rallylegends Delta S4

Cheers
    Robin

miky and Dean Ogurek like this.
  12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I also love the 'wrong one' because it drive so well
    The realistic one (according to moders) will understeer everywhere mainly because of the front end aero lift

More info @ RD http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/caterham-academy-2017.142629/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

My only gripe with the 165 is the blipping, you don’t rev match you kick the throttle with lead boots...

14. miguel baptista, Rosko and Mascot like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

16. Also, VRC and ASR are F1 essentials:

http://www.asrformula.com/
    http://www.vrc-modding-team.net/#

And as others have mentioned, the Nissan Primera (Patrick Marik) and anything from aphigod and AD3R

*Pretty much whatever folks have posted on this thread:cool:

17. Thank you mate :)
    ...the time frame set by Shaun is always the problem here:p

Greets After_Midnight

18. Orne

Orne Alien

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Modding forums got closed cause it got more and more an advertising place for mods.

The general modding sub-forum is for help to get started with modding and/or ask for help and give tutorials on how to mod.
    It's not meant as a discussion place to which mods are good or not.

WilliamRiker and Ace Pumpkin like this.