1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Top CAR MODS. Only the best of the best.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Mar 12, 2018.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'd compare it to Miata, like someone else already did.

F40 is actually one of the most difficult cars to handle in AC, probably would make to top 10. I remember it used to be more difficult than Yellowbird, but now I think it got a bit easier than RUF.

2. Orne

Orne Alien

The brakes are what make the F40 difficult IMHO, just like in real life! lolz In forums for the real car, owners are asking about upgrading the brakes, it's pretty funny!

The Yellowbird is annoying difficult, I truly hate that car. I'm a huge Porsche guy although the Yellowbird is a vulgarized Porsche, ughhhhhh!

3. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

The F40 is relatively "easy" until you are on 95% of his potential, but when it comes to removing the last second (or half second), then becomes very bastard, the most difficult car imho.. And especially it's very easy to lose that feeling on the limit.
    The Yellowbird is always difficult :D, it's a car that exhausts you physically even behind a screen.. But paradoxically I find it easier when in the limit, because it allows a slightly dirtier drive than the F40.
    My relationship with them is love and hate, especially the F40, I always have a certain concern towards him.

mantasisg 2 and chksix like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

The Viper drives like a Miata ? HAHA that is hilarious. Too much grip ? Not enough torque? Its demeanor changes considerably when driven on the V90s tyres.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

The F40 is like my simracing nemesis. We battled several times a couple of years ago. I was defeated of course. I have been in training ever since and one day will return to conquer that evil thing once and for all :)

And yeah the Yellowbird is really easy to drive, love that car so much, almost as much as the Cobra which is even easier to drive. Damn that Viper must be a piece of cake :p

6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Like Miata on steroids (as in having more power). Viper RT/10 mod in AC with street tyres or semislicks feels grippy compared to previously provided onboard footage of Viper GTS.

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think the CTR is considerably easier on ST90 tyres than SM maybe not on the limit but the tyres are very forgiving (for half a lap until they implode.)

I had 1 short go in that Viper so far at St ? hill climb. It handled fine on ST90's, not as much of a tyre shredder as I thought it might be with (I assume) bucket loads of torque. It actually handles as well. My assumption was it would not handle so well with a giant engine in the front but I know nothing about the car really, just assumptions.

If I can get St ? working online with a folder and kn5 name change I will host it with a selection of older sports/supercars at some point (Viper, TR, Diablo, Countach, NSX, RX7 and maybe a few more) I prefer Krajiska Zmija but St ? has waaay more pit boxes so it is actually usable.

8. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Like Miata on steroids (as in having more power). Viper RT/10 mod in AC with street tyres or semislicks feels grippy compared to previously provided Viper GTS onboard footage (guy was running Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tyres). Probably need to run with lower track grip level (was on 97%).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. This comment (more than any other that I have ever heard) convinces me that I have slipped into a parallel universe o_O

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yellowbird on ST90's is ok, the problem is that the rear tyres start to fade fast and also overheat on high turbo settings if you slide too much. Then it gets tricky.

On ST's the RUF is quite a blast to drive once you adjusted to it and the braking points.

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I guess Andy means that it's easier as in the SVs are more forgiving - you can slide on them more than on SM that will bite earlier and harder, but offer more grip. I was always crap in the YB and we never cooperated. ;)

I had another go in the Viper yesterday. Again on the 'Ring, again on SV tyres, but this time optimal conditions. It's capable of sub 8 min time and it bugs me, so I'll have to keep trying. I'm curious what will be the difference between SV and SM tyres and how it will compare (on SM) to modern cars.

Considering that you like and you are good with vintage stuff, I think you can say so.

LeiF and Andy-R like this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

That's odd, I don't see why. When you get a touch of oversteer or the car gets unsettled coming off the brakes or gets a twitch on for whatever reason you are much more likely to end up in a bush with SM's. The car becomes very nervous and unforgiving. Sure you have less grip with ST90's but they don't give up without a moments notice.

LeiF likes this.
  13. It's almost certainly a difference of driving styles. I do not like anything that is extremely nervous, and requires near constant (and rapid) corrections to keep on the track. I feel much more confident with the semislick tyres, since the car is not trying to kill me every two seconds.

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

If anything, SM tyres are more nervous and require quicker corrections than ST, its just that the ST loses grip at slightly lower speeds, the reason ST is easier, (for me and many others) is that you have more time to correct, before you end up in aforementioned bush. If you are not pushing the limits of the grip all the time, SM may seem easier as you end up going quicker. But drive it on the limit and you should find that ST is easier to put the car where you want it time after time.

Any car where you can gain time by breaking grip is a proper car imo, puts hairs on your hairs as they say :)

Dean Ogurek, Schnipp and Andy-R like this.
  15. Orne

Orne Alien

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

ZentRose did a cool reviews on a 1 gen Viper
    This guy talks a lot of sense:)

Orne likes this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is a bit unresponsive IMO, however I should drive it much more before claiming. I drove it with 90s on. But it feels like it could have too long inertia box or something... I should try to look for if I still have a test version that Jason sent me a while ago, I am sure it was surprising well handling, but it was more alive AFAIK.

18. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Guys, this thread is about AC mods, place stop derailing.
    If you want to propose a link to a good mod you're welcome, otherwise create a specific thread for anything else you want to discuss.
    Damn, every thread in this forum becomes a mess after the first page.

Jebus, Mascot and Cote Dazur like this.
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

:rolleyes:

20. Orne

Orne Alien

Compared to the C7 vette how do you think it handles ?

Brilliant circuit !

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/glava-zete.2223/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018