1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Monitors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Petro1head, May 9, 2018.

1. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

My current setup was purchased 2nd hand to get an idea if I would like triple screen. They are 24" benq monitors, TN running 1080P and 60htz. There are a couple of thinks I do not like about my current monitors. Bezel size (15mm) and they look a little washed out. With the current setup at 60htz I don't see any picture problems

I am now thinking about buying something a bit better. I will prob stay at 24" 1080p as I believe 27" 1080 is stating to look palpitated and I quite often do other things on the rig when not racing. I also think a 1080Ti will struggle with 3 x 2560x1440 to get a decent FPS

So my remit is 24", the thinnest bezel possible and IPS instead on TN

Any views, thoughts and suggestions as to what monitors to buy. Max budget £200 each monitor

Oh and before anyone suggests VR, I already have a Rift but still want 3 monitors

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4070 ti for Triple 1440p monitors? Apr 12, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple monitor : side monitors stretched distorted please help Apr 23, 2021
    Suggestions Triple Screen Support for Different Sized Monitors Dec 1, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Overlay Leaderboard use with triple monitors Oct 7, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Triple Screen replays TV CAM side monitors not align. Sep 28, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Recommended triples monitors. Oct 4, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asetto corsa on mismatched monitors with different resolutions - triple screen gaming Mar 18, 2015
    Screens & Videos Speak and steer - episode 1 - vr vs triple monitors Dec 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room No more stuttering setting triple monitors (at least for me) Dec 18, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Shifting animations too fast on triple monitors Dec 15, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Game on triple monitors sometimes switches to one monitor Dec 6, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple screen with different resolution monitors Nov 17, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Do you not get on with the rift? I haven't gone back to my 144Hz since getting my rift

rycil likes this.
  4. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

I do but when racing prefer triples. Use the rift when just playing :)

5. rycil

rycil Simracer

Same here! Can't go back to my triple! Rift all the way

6. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

Anyway, enough about rift ;)

Let keep this to topic please

After_Midnight and LeDude83 like this.
  7. rycil

rycil Simracer

So my experience on triple:

3 x 27" 1080 should be very good with 1080ti.
    Even 3 x 32" still 1080 should be OK and I think you won't see the pixel as 4xAA would smooth the picture.

I believe also that 3x1440 will be too much for a 1080ti.

I think that Samsung curved 32" is an option to consider.

Cyril.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The VR crashers....

I had a good triple setup with 23" Dell Monitors. They had 6 mm bezel and were quick in response. Dunno the exact name anymore but they were great.

I think the important stuff is: bezel, response time, colour accuracy, angle stability.
    For the latter - go with IPS technology, it's the best currently available until proper OLED screens hit the shelves. Don't get lured in by the screens (forget the tech name) with 1 ms response time...they look odd already at small angles from 90. Get an IPS with 4 or 5 ms instead.

Petro1head likes this.
  9. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

10. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

I'm satisfied with this setup: 3x LG24MP68VQ monitors. 2.5 mm bezels, IPS panel, 75Mhz, 5ms, Freesync, etc. Seems to meet all your requirements except you won't have to spend all your budget. Widely available.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  11. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

I'm satisfied with this setup: 3x LG24MP68VQ monitors. 2.5 mm bezels, IPS panel, 75Mhz, Freesync, etc. Seems to meet all your requirements except you won't have to spend all your budget. Widely available.

Petro1head likes this.
  12. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

Looks very very similar to the AOC but without Display Port. Only thing is the VESA mount is near the top instead of the middle.

You say your bezel is 2.5mm. Does the screen go all the way to the bezel or is there a boarder on the screen?

13. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Yes, VESA mount is above the centreline. My screen image does not go all the way to the bezel so the total width of the 'black' is 5mm. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if there is a way to get the image to go all the way to the bezel.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Freesync is useless with NVidia and GSync would cost you pretty penny.

15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

My only recommendation is to go as big as you can fit/afford. I've had triple 24", 27", and 32" and bigger makes all the difference in the world. Started with 24", moved to 32" and it was mega but they were 720p tv's and eventually I got tired of that. Got three 27" 1080 BenQ monitors, image quality and smoothness is way better but the reduction in vertical size always left me a bit disappointed. So for me 27" is the minimum I'd go, but if you've never been on bigger triples then ignorance is bliss and 24" would probably be fine.

rycil likes this.
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Ever considered single 40"+, takes less room than triples plus more useful in non racing games as you can still use all screen real estate.

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I saw a new Samsung screen at a supplier event a couple weeks ago, the Samsung guy was really trying to sell it hard; was about to be released apparently.

Anyway it was so damn wide and curved you would have the fov of triples on a single screen. Just not quite tall enough for me. Was something over 6000 odd pixels wide by 1080p iirc. Looked very cool tho!

I thought about triples a lot but in the end went for a 35" curved 1440p gsync bla blah..
    Gives me so much more view than old 24" single screen that I am happy till VR sorts out the resolution issue in a few years.
    Oh yeah at the same event the Nvidia Sales Manager guy had absolutely no answer to my question om how long till one of their Gpus could drive VR in 4K lol.
    Apparently they are at least working with all the major VR manufacturers.

18. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

It's not the hardware manufacturers that they need to work with, it's the software developers. Pascal was released with much fanfare about 'single pass stereo' etc. to improve VR rendering and two years later there's little (any?) sign of it being used.

rycil likes this.
  19. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

I have bought 1 of the AOC monitors to give it a go. Used to have a 40" 4K but not as good as triple.

24" Is big enough for my rig and space in limited

20. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

You can try out if the 1080Ti can manage larger resolutions in triple by simply using DSR (it is a bit of a PITA to set up when using triple monitors in NVIDIA surround, as you have to deactivate surround first then set up DSR for each individual monitor to enable their higher resolution, then enable surround and make sure the wanted higher DSR are available to pick).

I run 3x 27" 1080 Asus monitors for years and find them borderline small for triple screens - the screens are very high on my update list.

With todays widescreen monitors the biggest limitation in triple screen setups really is the small vertical space the monitors allow for clipping severely what you can realistically display of the car's interior while you are already clipping off the rear view mirror and window frame of most cars when setting up correct FOV.

Bigger is always better with triple screens, I am afraid.
    I could never ever imagine doing ANYTHING on a 24" screen.

If you put money into this, upgrade size, you won't regret it.

21. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sadly you will not see OLED screens as monitors for a long time if ever, had a chat with an LG guy recently and OLED has the same burn in issue as plasma did so can’t leave a static image on them, hence not suitable for PC screen use. This is also why Samsung has not invested in the tech and has instead pursued their QLED tech instead as it doesn’t have that isssue.

LeDude83 likes this.