1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Let me keep some surprises for this release and for future ones... :)

2. This is sounding really encouraging, love the sound of this.

I wonder if having aero efficiency might also be helpful alongside balance - helps us know when things are getting a bit silly on the extremes of wing angle etc.

Regarding fuel+height thing, sounds like a cool idea. But also kinda sounds a bit problematic though if you forget about it - for example you do testing with a half full tank to get a feel for how the car will feel in the middle of a stint, come in and add fuel for a race, forget that is has 'raised' the car to keep the same initial height, then by the time you burn down to half a tank again, the car is not at the level you tested at.

Stuff about tyre strategy sounds awesome though, I take it that means we can come into the pits (either via driving or menu) and not have the tyres automatically switched to brand new ones? Looking forward to that.

seb 6th gear and Tikka19 like this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

This all sounds really cool.

I wonder could the real teams even supply the setups they used this year at each track?

Now ACC fans have even more reason to go to real blancpain races, we can bring a notepad and ask really detailed setup questions during the paddock walk before the race.

4. Aristotelis

The rear wing doesn't go into silly extremes anyway. For example at Nurburgring you might gain something like 5-7kmh from maximum to minimum settings. Obviously on tracks with longer straights the importance of the rear wing is higher, like 10-15kmh but again, don't expect F1 styles of drag where you can lose 20kmh.
    You mainly use the rear wing to balance out the aero platform. The more rear wing you use, the more stable you make the aero and less pitch sensitive. Disadvantages? Those cars do not gain much from slipstream and the performances are all very similar. So every tiny help of straight line speed can help you to overtake and so the compromises begin.

Patience young padawans :D :p

5. AllyITA

AllyITA Rookie

yes, maybe adding a "setup lock" could be a solution

Neilski likes this.
  6. mrleman

mrleman Rookie

Will we see a proper simulation of reverse Ohlins TTX36 dampers at upcoming Huracan GT3?

7. Lmao, I haven't seen writen WYSIWYG since Quattro Pro, we're getting old, lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I already named my 'mechanics' they are :
    Tom
    Hallie[yes and she's hot]
    Artie
    Rick
    :D

9. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Yes, it would be nice if you could see a history of setup changes, like in photo editors. Or when loading a setup file, show a list of all differences between the files (rear wing +2, FL tyre pressure -4, etc) to compare two setups at a glance.

HammerHomicide likes this.
  10. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Unlike AC can we change caster or steering ratio?

11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Does the game show us which values have been changed by the virtual mechanics? I mean we'll obviuosly see the values change in the sliders, but I mean will they change colour, or will there be an indicator of some kind? I feel this could help plebs like myself to better understand (and easier see) how and how much the suspension components influence each other.

12. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

Regarding TC and ABS on GT3s I have a doubt.
    In AC I always disconnect both in every car. for the sake of simplicity, lets say that my level compared to my friends is 8 in any car (street cars or race cars). They use TC and ABS while i have both off.
    When we get in GT3s, they using TC and ABS me everything off, my level drops to 6 or 5.
    I don't know if this is a usual occurrence, but given the improved model do you think it will be the same or worse in ACC?
    Thank you very much for your posts. And thanks to you and all the team for AC and ACC

13. Poloman

Poloman Racer

I think tc in street cars is too engaging, so slower. I tend to keep abs on for every car though.
    As far as gt3 goes, i tend to qualify with tc around 8-10 and abs 2-4.
    If i race in longer stints i will use a little bit more of both.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Some cars in AC are pretty messed up without ABS …

(Edit: just to clarify: that's not AC's fault)

15. Aristotelis

Caster not yet, steering ratio yes.

There is nothing to show you. You don't see any values changing on the sliders, there is no need for indicators. Everything is made on the background so that you don't need to care.
    I think you guys are overthinking it. Again, think it as if you're a race engineer. You have already made a setup that the mechanics have already adjusted on the car. You send your driver out and he turns back and gives you feedback. You decide for 3mm less front ride height and you give the orders to the mechanics. That's it. End of story. They will do everything necessary to keep the setup and just change the 3mm front ride height.

This is too much hypothetical to know, sorry if I can't help you much.
    But, important. TC and ABS now work exactly as in the cars. So higher numbers means more intervention. Lower numbers means more sliding etc.
    There's a good explanation table inside the setup screen, to get an idea.
    Also, I believe you will like the fact that cars move quite a bit now, especially with low TC and ABS settings. I think even street and vintage car fans will find them interesting. :)

Tim Meuris, Rehooja, chksix and 7 others like this.
  16. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

how did you know? this gave me the chills :D
    thanks a lot Aristotelis

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, after years of simulations expecting from players to play driver, race engineer and mechanic all at once to go to having a setup screen that doesn't show some details and auto-adjusts values will certainly take some getting used to.

I'll reserve judgement for when I've seen the setup screen with my own eyes but... even if the changes make for a great help in creating custom setups I don't think not showing which setup settings influenced other settings is a good idea. I for one do want to know what's going on with the car in detail. Setups and how specific parts of the car influence other parts are an interesting part of the game for the more technically minded, even if it's got nothing to do with the racing part.

ChrisR and hristo1026 like this.
  18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, that's my feeling too, speaking for myself also, obviously.
    But, you know, isn't so easy change pov when years after years you have work with something different.

Excluding GTR2 and some others, years over NKpro, iR, AC have shape my mind :D.
    So now many of us are worried about to drown into a glass of water :D.

Oh, you see?
    Explained in this way it seems more user friendly and understandable than before :D.

19. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

would you say that some cars are meant (or made) to be driven with abs?
    Tagging @Aristotelis

20. Typer

Typer Simracer

Or perhaps just have all the setups stored in a local git repository that you can commit changes to (with commit messages used for recording setup notes)? Then outside the game you could make use of all the existing git tools and infrastructure for branching, merging, reverting, publishing, collaborating and whatnot.