1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup advice needed

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Salad Fingers, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

The faster guys out there, any hints on how to setup the car? I'm struggling to drop bellow the 2min mark, and while I've never been particularly fast, I feel like I'm not getting the most of the car setup-wise.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Setup Advice for HUD with VR Dec 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Considering upgrading my sli setup, asking for advice Jan 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advice sort; seeking a frugal wheel/pedal setup! or to be convinced otherwise! Aug 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Setup advice, please; unstable braking Jun 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Advice on Ferrari 458 + Silverstone GP setup Feb 7, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023

3. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

I did 1:55.8 with the default aggressive setup and 5l of fuel

Loeki and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  4. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

I'm using default setup and got a 1.57.5 within 30 laps, I'm of course a god amongst men when it comes to driving so its to be expected......

Just practise braking late, leaning on the ABS and carrying speed through the corners you can lean on the tires a fair bit in ACC which is really fun, untill you get down to 1.59s or probably lower I'd not even bother messing with setups :)

Salad Fingers and MrDeap like this.
  5. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Hmm. No understeer added at all?

6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Haha, that you are... What's your TC and ABS settings? I'm leaning towards 4/10 TC and 6/10 ABS.

7. GamerMuscle

Not sure what you mean , Just slow the car down enough that it turns in I was doing laps in the stream last night here

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I meant using a setup that favors a bit more understeer. Thanks for the link, I'm actually subbed to your channel ;)

9. GamerMuscle

I don't know not changed anything lol In the end setup is mostly a waste of time unless you are within X time of pace, unless you can do say 5 laps in a row near exactly the same and whalst pushing a bit then all setup changing will do is confuse things as the driver is not at the level yet to realy know if the difference is from the setup or them just getting better at lapping.

Mind you if a car is litrally flying off the track in some weird way or its got some insane setup by defult then changing setup can be good, the default with this car seemed fine to get my time with though.

10. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I think then the only thing left for me to do is keep driving and GIT GUD lol.

GamerMuscle likes this.
  11. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

I am no professional, but I like to get used to the car first before I start changing setups on the car, I am doing 01.59.993 and I know I can do better. For me it's all about changing my driving behaviour. I've been watching some YouTube on different sim games witch gives me a good look on how to work with the pedals and gearing. This is probably not the advice you where after but it's something.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I didn't buy the game nor tried. Sometime you understand stuff by messing around & drive completely wrong or had your vision wrong of whatever.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. M96

M96 Racer

Also don't overdrive the car in slow corners..you get also a lot of audio feedback for it, avoid it because you lose a lot of time doing that. Obviously watching some faster guys to understand the lines is great help as well! I think you can get below 56 already with the stock setup (and I am NOT fast, usually AT LEAST 1sec off the aliens) so do not worry about that yet!

Inviato dal mio Pixel XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Salad Fingers and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  14. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

If I was 1sec off the Aliens I would consider myself fast ;)

Arlo and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  15. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

Still I don't believe that is a normal pace.
    Best lap is one thing but if you can keep that as a normal pace that would be crazy, but what do I know.

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

in another words.. quit your current job and play the videogame the entire day..

17. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Reading this at work just made me giggle

18. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

I'm doing around 1:58 but I have this issue, I save some setup but then when I load them they are somehow corrupt since most of the values are at 0 instead my earlier values. Any suggestion?

19. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I tried to save setups and all values are saved as 0 so they are lowest you can adjust. :eek:

20. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Well, the aggressive setup feels far better than the default. I'm still terribly slow, but it's a start :p

21. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Safe preset good enough for 1.54high
    Aggressive preset good enough for 1.54mid

sissydriver and Novotny like this.