1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

First try lowering graphics to mininum and see if it still stutters. Lowering some graphis got my FPS up quite a lot in VR and I run GTX 1080.
    Then try remapping your controls. It's a good habit to remap all after a bigger patch to make sure they work incase devs have modified the way the config files are written.

2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

I wonder if you guys might be able to help me with an issue since today's update.

My problem is that I can no longer launch the game normally without my vr headset also powering up.

When I launch from steam, I get the pop up asking if I want either the normal game or vr. I select normal but steam vr opens, followed by the windows cliff house. My Samsung Odyssey powers up and at the same time ACC launches on screen.

I could continue to play in 2d but the headset is just sitting there with a blank white view and my gpu is working away like crazy!

3. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

I'm loving the Bentley!

Rehooja likes this.
  4. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

I get horrendous stuttering when moving around in VR unless I turn everything to low, in particular anti-aliasing. I have PP set to 1.5 in the oculus tray and I have a 1080 with 2500k. What’s your setup?
    For me without anti-aliasing it looks terrible

5. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I go most settings on medium/high. AA also medium and FXAA. Got smooth fps without stutters. GTX1080 here. I use a Vive though. Not sure how high my supersampling is

6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I sm using W10 64bit
    i7-5820k@3.3Ghz
    A 1080
    16GB ram
    Logitech G27
    SSH Shifter
    Fanatec handbrake
    Microsoft gamepad

I understand that this is a new game and EA, but the desktop version runs amazing at 4K, but this is terrible.
    I cant even navigate through the menus. Its like I set it to wheel and it wont accept inputs from my game pad, I set up the game pad and it wont accept inputs from my wheel.
    Its as if it needs the Logitech shifter, so it can use the D pad on it and wont work any other way.

Why cant I jut click on a commend and click on a button I want to use for it, like gamepad or keyboard.

7. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Pretty happy with the update.
    VR is a totally different immersion. It makes ACC a training tool.
    Not intuitive to setup at first as the mouse was not always visible without VR.
    Waiting for Multiplayer.
    Do you consider under-steering should not be reflected in the steering wheel?

Rehooja likes this.
  8. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

I only have 8gb of ram so I’m wondering if that is the issue along with the 2500k.

Rehooja likes this.
  9. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Its there my man, its there... kinda. :)
    [​IMG]

Rehooja, Epistolarius and Schnipp like this.
  10. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yes both but that 2500 will be the biggest bottleneck !

Uppi93 likes this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

By the way, about the new sharpening slider... the default is 80%?

I put it to 120% (with Temporal AA on Epic) and looks IMO even better. Expected it to look bad, if pushed past default value. But actually 120% makes it crisper without IMO any weird side effects. Actually, perfectly happy with the AA now, aside the small ghosting issue. Happy with FFB too

Schnipp likes this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@ShredatorFIN
    Thank you for pointing this out, didn't find this option yet. I've been using ReShade adaptive sharpening to get rid of the blurry image, but that takes a 8-10% performance cut.
    With the sharpening set around 140% I'm getting a fairly similar image compared to ReShade without fps hit. Overall I still prefer the ReShade option visually, but it's not that much better to be worth the lower fps. Maybe I can squeeze my system to run shadows after all with night racing w/ opponents (may have to limit visual opponents).

13. I put sharpness to 0 ! And for me it looks better. The image is smoother.

14. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

I don't know the future,but if they continue in this way this game can battle against the Witcher 3 for the best game ever created..

received_254053518635949.jpeg

dermonty likes this.
  15. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Well so my opinion is that it's too good
    first when I put the vr I was quite surprised because it was ugly, I was not good
    Sitting etc ... But after a few changes in the settings, everything became clear! The Bentley is really nice to drive, oddly I prefer misano, but dude in the rain or in the middle of the night, it's really too good with the stands, qualifications .... But all that is nothing next to the replay in the cockpit of a ferrari or a mercedes! please let us drive them or add other cars to AI Plssss!!! ( and sorry for my bad english )

16. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

I may have missed a setting but I set the weather to storm and in VR with helmet view there were no rain drops on the windscreen.
    This was in the Bentley and the Lambo.

17. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

We need urgent a proper controller setup menue. We need urgent a „deadzone“ adjustment even with DZ =0 (zero). Both are not possible to adjust.

Sorry KUNOS what have you done 4 weeks?
    -no graphic improvements
    -no performance improvements
    -no satisfy controller menue

Also it‘s EA tell us plz if controller guys should sort out ?

P.S. Heavy stuttering, fps drop 60-> 9 with Bentley&Misano on i7 / 1060 6gb

18. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

TDS, dermonty, LightNMagic and 13 others like this.
  19. Typer

Typer Simracer

TDS, miky and D.Jankovic like this.
  20. [​IMG]

gandlers, TDS, dermonty and 11 others like this.