1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. hey guys just wanted to take the time to thank all of you writing these touching messages for me.. . the reaction has been quite overwhelming and I wasn't that prepared for it.

I am glad there are no bad feelings about my decision. It was not my intention to let anybody down, nor you nor my friends and colleagues in Kunos.

We only have 1 life to live and I am want to make sure I'll use mine to the fullest even if that means starting from scratch and trying something out of what became my comfort zone in SimRacing.

Again thank you all for your messages.. and I'll see you around, perhaps on the virtual tracks.. this time as a user like all of you.

2. I honestly wish you all the best. I really hope you find your path to enjoy life.

I will miss your genius, your brutal honesty and your "cat" in simracing.

I will keep my fingers crossed until you release netKar2 (with bikes and rally cars) ahahah

Thanks for everything Stefano!

3. Si.

Si. Simracer

For the last few years I’ve mostly raced in AC and ACC, amazing SIMs that I could tell straight away were built with passion. All the best in whatever the winding road leads to next.

4. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Stefano, good luck in your new project !! I want to thank him for all that I have enjoyed with his work, his beginnings with NKpro were very promising, personally I am very fond of this simulator, we could say that it was my start in the simulation, even NetBike was nice.

If Ferrari chose you with FVA and later with AC, it is because of your magnificent work. It has managed to make the most popular simulator of the previous generation and has reached excellence with ACC.

Will we see him in a space simulator?

5. rycil

rycil Simracer

Yeah! Bring us namie 2.0 :D
    I remember the first time I tested it on my PC (early 2000'?). That was red, a Ferrari for sure.

Best wishes and thanks for all you have given to the racing community!

6. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

Hmm, it's with immense surprise the realization to see how we all connected not just with THE SIM but also with the MAN behind (not forgetting the rest of the team of course) and how we are all feeling "empty" hearing such news. I know I am.
    But such is life I guess. The Assetto Corsa years were some of the best I ever had in this hobby with a slight concession to GPL era perhaps. I deeply respect and admire the amazing work over the years.
    The Assetto legacy will go on of course and I am sure there will be a great deal of future achievements under its name.

I wish to Stefano the best possible luck in his future endeavors and will follow his new company developments.

7. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Good luck and thank you very much Stefano. You already gave us so much and still you are not finished. You are amazing. Stay safe and enjoy your life.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thank you Stefano for providing many, many years and thousands of hours of sim racing pleasure.

sissydriver likes this.
  9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

End of an era indeed.
    Most of us can only dream of creating something that touches the lives of millions of people around the world. @Lord Kunos has done it twice.

All the best, until we meet again.

Ace Pumpkin, sissydriver and martcerv like this.
  10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

@Lord Kunos Thank you for all the titles especially sharing AC to the rest of the world. Your effort over all these years was extraordinary , no-one may ever be able to put a number on it but you and the talented team you lead certainly increased the popularity of our favourite genre.
    Also, thank-you for all the additional time you spent on the forums, especially in the early days of AC development, we know your time is valuable and I think it's safe to say on behalf of the whole community, thank you for everything you have done.

Good luck in the next chapter of your life, if the past is anything to go by I'm sure it will be exciting and a success.

See you on the track.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Bon voyage, Sir, whatever you new plans are. You leave behind a damn fine legacy.

12. RSanchezPaz

RSanchezPaz Hardcore Simmer

Hi Stefano! Great to know you can move on and continue with new projects. You are very talented person and you have so much to give outside simracing. We as simracers been blessed by having your skills and your dedication in our scene. Since NetKar Namie your work made me enjoy and learn about racing and also know many valuable people (such as Gergo). I feel happy for you, and i refuse to wish you luck since you done your path out of skills and passion, so u have the key of success when you want. Tnx for let me be part of Kunos, and for let us all enjoy your gift.

13. Broekie

Broekie Gamer

Thank you Stefano!
    You & Arris gave me hope for SimRacing after GTR2. Thank you for giving SimRacing a boost into the future. Love you for that!

Groetjes,
    Maikel

sissydriver likes this.
  14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thanks you Stefano.

Good luck for your future projects.

Best regards.

sissydriver likes this.
  15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I can see you being very succesfull now in proving that the earth is indeed round! Stay close to your heart and stay safe.

16. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Thank you Lord Kunos and good luck! I will follow your work! :)

17. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Just a few weeks ago i watched one of the old "Look what the cat hacked in streams" ... really enjoyed those, to see how the sim improves basically in real time and all the thought and everything behind the features. Good luck with your new work Lord Kunos, and thanks for the great sims you made with Kunos. I'm sure we will see something awesome from you in the future.

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

In a nutshell

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

.. does this also mean you will be busting nuts for updates and fantasy dlc's..? Be careful wishlist's are not tolerated and may result in a temporary ban.. :p

20. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Good luck Stephano with all your future endeavors.
    The New England Patriots need a new QB!