1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 214 – Two handfuls

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 214 - Two handfuls
    Featuring a Valentine-for-the-boys themed Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione challenge.

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Car: Pagani Huayra
    Track: Mugello
    upload_2021-2-13_17-56-47.png
    (After 14 months of use, my Fanatec shifter has gone off for repair, so it will be paddle shifters until it is returned.) :)
    The Pagani Huayra, last used in WHC 6 at Zandvoort, is a handful. The specially developed AMG M158 twin turbo V12 thumps out 720hp and an enormous, tyre shredding, 738lbf/ft (1,000 Nm) of torque to the rear wheels.
    To help manage this glut of power, the Huayra has an active control unit that adjusts the height and rake of the car as well as independent aero flaps at each corner. It prevents excess body roll by increasing the downforce on that side of the car through corners. Under hard braking, both the front suspension and the two rear flaps are raised to counter weight transfer and keep the car stable.

Around Mugello the Huayra feels barrel-chested and two handfuls. There’s lots of gearbox noise from the 7 speed manual sequential transmission and the turbos whistle and blow. Roll your sleeves up!

For such a big feeling car, the steering is very quick and direct. The front of the car is super agile; it turns in fast and accurately and holds the line. However, this does give you quite a lot to think about with the ensuing momentum at the rear, whilst you very gently feed it over 700lbs/ft of torque. You may get a quicker lap with a bit of TCS this week!
    Safely unleashed on the long straight, it will get you to 190mph before braking into T1. Top speed is 238mph apparently.

Worth including a few pics, Pagani has produced absolute automotive bling:
    upload_2021-2-13_17-57-29.png
    And AMG have got into the spirit too:
    upload_2021-2-13_17-57-45.png
    The M158, by AMG. Ooof!
    Gorgeousness.
    This is not just an ordinary engine; this is an AMG bespoke, dry-sump, six litre, twin-turbocharged V12 .

The Pagani is named after Huayra-tata, a Peruvian wind god. Let’s hope it blows us away!

AC Tyres and Fastest Lap:
    Recommended operating pressures:
    Hypercar Road - 31 psi all round
    Hypercar Trofeo – Front: 32 psi - Rear: 33 psi
    Fastest Lap: 1:51.911 by GoodGame.eXistenZ (NB: a full 2.4 secs ahead of RSR P2!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Competizione 10 mins Hotstint
    Car: KTM Xbow GT4
    Track: Circuit Zandvoort
    Weather: Custom
    upload_2021-2-13_17-58-2.png
    upload_2021-2-13_17-58-9.png
    For this week's second handful, over to Mike:
    “Expecting a quiet week on the ACC WHC next week due to the launch of the awesome British GT pack, but much as I'd love to run with one of the new tracks, I'd hate exclude any console players so instead we're going for a lightweight pocket rocket GT4, and a narrow, bumpy (wet) track...trust me this one is fun and well worth pulling yourself away from some multi-class GT racing for....”
    upload_2021-2-13_17-58-26.png

Tyre Pressures:
    Ideal tyre pressures for GT4 Wets?

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 213 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆

---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:
    *Assetto Corsa Hotlaps Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Pagani Huayra and the Mugello Circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap / Ambient Temp: FREE / Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione 10mins Hotstint*
    1. Car: KTM Xbow GT4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint - 10 mins
    3. Time of day: 15:00
    4. Track: Zandvoort
    5. Weather: Custom
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Av. Temp: 32
    9. Grip level: Fast
    10. Wetness: 20%
    11. Standing water 20%
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Number of laps - ACC Hotstint
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!
    You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 21st February 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    SlowGrayAudi, Peggy11, P308R and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Brave it out on the slicks is my advice....

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

From Aris bot:

Here are the ideal tyre pressures range.

All GT3 dry slicks: 27.4-28.0 psi
    All GT3 wet tyres: 29.5-30.5 psi

All GT4 dry slicks: 26.5-27.5 psi
    All GT4 wet tyres: 29.5-30.5 psi

@Totall Wrytoff - you can get a lot of information bout setups in the #setup-engineer-bot channel
    Just go there and type:

setup engineer?

and you see all possible commands.

Aris is constantly working on it and improving it.
    Its awesome.

@mike reynolds

...but much as I'd love to run with one of the new tracks, I'd hate exclude any console players so instead...

Thats so true. Love this sentence. 100% d'accord.

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Acc console players.

Aye. Both of them. :)

---

I tried it again. Tempted back by it.

Started a new career mode. It crashes to blue screen every time, without fail, after the night challenge.

OK. Let's try Championship mode. It resets the options to 10 minute races regardless of what I enter in the set up screen.

OK let's try online. Competition servers still not working for me. Car sits at the grid and won't move. Competition rating still stuck at zero for everybody.

For some reason it's disabled L2 and R2 so my button layout is now off. I'd got used to my layout though and now switching my pit limiter on catches me out every time. (Bit fussy that one I know but still annoying)

It's these things that bug me about it. I can cope with the 25FPS and the blurry graphics and random FOV but these issues above aren't performance related. They're just blatant f^^k ups that have appeared with the updates.

No point submitting bug reports to 505 and to be fair there's no point moaning here either. So I'll shut up. :)

In the meantime I can have a go around Oulton, Donny and Snetterton on Ride. It's no sim but it does go like Liz Taylor at the Vodka Martini.

SlowGrayAudi, Peggy11, P308R and 3 others like this.
  6. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    11:07:509
    6 Laps
    PC

xbow hotstint.png

I used the Wet setup with dry tyres, adjusted pressures and fuel level which are now almost there.

Dry tyres are the way to go I think, the track is practically dry come lap 3! The safe setup may be quicker, but that's something to try another time for me.

I also knocked the TC down a few clicks on lap 3 once it was getting drier. Time difference between lap 1 and lap 6 was 6 seconds :eek:

7. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

AC
    P308R
    1:56:782
    PS4
    16133291333392062158659.jpg

This car only wants to go in circles :eek:

8. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-14_19-18-3.png
    Warm up session. Ahem. (Nice opener Bastian!)

TCS Off so far, but it means butt-clenching, super-tentative, tiptoe across eggshells every corner.
    I find it a difficult car to be "ahead of" because the rear is so feisty.

9. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

It is a very difficult car, I agree on that completely. The backend is really hard to judge and the car is pretty heavy too. I struggled to find my way around and have a decent lap....

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Just finished 2h endurance race at Daytona 1st. Great fun to drive while watching the sun go down.

I will post my lap and setup in the next two days. The car is tricky, but there are some secrets that I will gladly share.

11. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-14_21-6-37.png
    A gentle out lap is working for me, although overall, I'm not really in control. :)

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

AC
    Lewis
    1:54.482 - SX

[​IMG]

Quite difficult car to control, well for me anyway.
    First lot of laps were in the 2 mins so I think I’m understanding it slightly more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Ac
    Improvement

Lewis
    1:54.165 - SX

[​IMG]

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:51:616
    [​IMG]

Video will follow tomorrow.
    Setup: Camber front -2.7, rear -2.3. Pressures: LF 23, LR 24, RF 24, RR 25. Toe front 5, rear 16. TC off
    First thing to keep in mind is with higher ambient temps the cars becomes a lot easier to drive as the hypercar tyres grip a lot better when its hot.
    So for this car throttle control is everything. Braking is fairly easy, before turn in let go of the brakes abrutply. The car will tend to slide with the rear a bit during turn in. Use that slide to your advantage, coast and let the car rotate. Once it has rotated a bit and you are roughly at mid corner step on the throttle verrryyy slightly, maybe 20-50% throttle input. When exiting go up to 80% and only go full throttle when more or less in a straight line. Anything above 80% at corner exit will cause some powerslides. So the combbination of corner entry, some coasting and very gentle throttle inputs will benefit lap times, just be gentle with her and make no sudden steering movements.

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

AC
    Lewis
    1:53.705 - SX
    [​IMG]

Some insomnia driving.
    Still loosing so much time sliding around and over driving the car.

16. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement (tiny)
    AC
    Lewis
    1:53.558 - SX
    [​IMG]

17. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:55:809
    PC

Pagani Hotlap.png

This car sounds evil, in a good way. It handles a lot better than I expected it to as well.

Had TC on lowest setting for this go as I just wanted to slam it around and put in a time. I may have another go and see if I can finesse her around with just my right foot as the keep pointing the right way barometer :p

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

19. AC
    BenBB
    1:53:540
    PC
    s1.PNG
    Quite a lot of practice to achieve Lewis's pace, using GGE's setup...

I agree on what was said before ! "it" is a "she", and a devil - but in a good way. Easy to loose the rear, but also very rigid once loaded (never had too lower FFB strength so much before)
    She keeps asking every corner : "how much do you dare to push me ?" with a playful tone, I like it :)

Apart from that, I think that the track is harder that it looks. Lot of "middle speed" corners, where balance and perfect speed through is required.
    Practice helped me A LOT. Let's see if binge-watching GGE's video helps too !

20. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

AC
    Improvement
    Lewis
    1:53.268 - SX
    [​IMG]

A bit of insomnia driving again.
    Maybe a couple more tenths available but I’m still loosing time being so heavy footed on the accelerator.

21. lemans86400

lemans86400 Racer

AC
    lemans86400
    PS4

WHC-214.jpg

Ohhh.... if i was to pick one combo possible in the game for a real world adventure, let's say best birthday ever, I might ask for this exact combo! Paganis are the most fascinating super (hyper?) cars for me and Mugello feels like such a beautiful track.