1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 220 - Bullish Maserati and a Stoney Merc

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 220 - Bullish Maserati, and

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Maserati MC12 GT1
    Track: Red Bull Ring GP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a couple of weeks of unruly street cars, I figured it was high time we had a proper race car on a legitimate race track. There’s nothing like the feeling of going around corners like your on rails. Thanks to the aero and stiff suspension the Maserati is a full blown race car. I’m surprised this car doesn’t get much love in AC as its an impressive track machine in its own right, especially given that its 15 years old now.

This car has all the setup options a competent race car should have, and it can be daunting to try and dial in a setup that works the best for yourself. I use this crib sheet by Chris Hayes (he has a youtube channel). Check it out and let me know if it helped you out at all.

[​IMG]

I have a bit of love/hate relationship with the Red Bull Ring. Similar to Imola its a track where getting a proper exit out of the really low speed corners is crucial to setting a good laptime. I find that very difficult to do consistently. Also, its possible to cheat a fair bit at this track as the track limits are fairly generous especially in T1 and between t8 and t9. So if you follow F1 you’ll be tempted to keep two wheels inside the white lines, but since were on AC you can completely abuse that rule and Bernie won’t say a word about it!

Top time on RSR is 1.27.099.

I couldn't find any info on ideal tire psi's. I'll update once I am able to test this combo out.

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Maserati MC12 GT1 and the Red Bull Ring GP circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap Red Bull Ring GP

Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday 10th April 2021

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week we are at Silverstone, targeting a 1:59:5 in the AMG Mercedes GT3

[​IMG]

Season 2018

1. Car: AMG Mercedes GT3

2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:

3. Time of day: 14:00

4. Track: Silverstone

5. Weather type eg: Clear

6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled

7. Cloud: n/a

8. Ave Temp: n/a

9. Grip level: Optimum

10. Wetness: n/a

Remember, we just want your fastest lap. not the overall time!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

4. GoodGame.eXistenZ

So I'll make a start : )

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC 1:26:596

The first sector is always super difficult to get right on this track. In fact 95% of my attemps "fail" here, as the braking for both corner in S1 is tricky especially in cars without ABS. Even in my attempt here the first sector was not ideal. In addition the MC12 is sensible on the brakes and rear will up easily. So I advice to go for a higher braking balance towards the front.

Video will follow later.
    [​IMG]

5. ACC
    Boubylonese#23
    Xb1

1162be0f-692c-4c1a-9bec-237e7e4d2bc4.png

I did three stints just to try, but I'm so far to being fast...
    the problem is that I always have little time to dedicate to it, and silverston without a good setup and a lot of feeling you don't take out the time.
    I won't be able to drive until next weekend ... good challenge to all!

6. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Trying to get on here later tonight. Sub 2min has been difficult for me in ACC with my beloved R8.

Never driven the AMG before so should be an interesting challenge. I have heard its and understeering monster. Is this true?

I do like my cars to rotate

8. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:59.478
    PC

Firs run got me a decent time.

New to the Merc, but its very stable and "easy" to drive fast. Need to tweak tire pressures sure sure. They were about 1 psi too high.

upload_2021-4-6_22-39-24.png

9. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:59.409
    PC

Best lap was invalid, blehhhh.

Got the tires in the right window. Front left gets super hot though, trying to keep that guy cool.

upload_2021-4-6_23-22-48.png

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  10. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:58.716
    PC

Got the tweaks I needed to get her to rotate and it worked wonders.

Wrecked on the 2nd attempt so i stopped.

upload_2021-4-6_23-47-4.png

Attached Files:

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    XSX

A top-up of cortisone in both arms so should be able to do a few laps again!

Attached Files:

12. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    1:59.070
    Ps4

PS_App_20210407_111105.jpeg

13. GoodGame.eXistenZ

14. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:58.656
    PC

upload_2021-4-7_12-41-53.png

15. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:58.254
    PC

Trimmed rear DF to 5 and increased splitter to 5mm. Rear bar Max, front bar 5. Other small tweaks.

upload_2021-4-7_18-3-24.png

16. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

17. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

Well I was gonna post a vid here with my lap and setup but apparently I have reached my daily upload limit for the first time ever. Guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow...

I upped the TC one click, adjust psi, fuel, gears, aero, and the brake balance. Everything else is basically stock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  18. Pretend racer

Mid Week Standings

AC
    1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:26:596 PC
    2. pretend racer 1.27.595 pc
    3. TinPeach 1.29.802 XSX
    4. Laughing Gravy 1.31.828 PS4
    5. Rod100 1.32.450 Xb1

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 1:58.254 PC
    2. local_man1234 1:59.070 Ps4
    3. Boubylonese#23 1.59.388 Xb1

Seems like everyone has found their own pace in the Maserati this week. The leader board has a nice even distribution of lap times, they all are separated by about a second. I wonder if some setup tweaks would help. I didn't spend much time on the setup this week as the car handles really well out of the box, and truth be told, RBR doesn't require a lot in the way of setup. RBR is mostly a point and squirt track. How much are you willing to extend those track limits? I'm guessing some stretch a little more than others :)

The three contestants in ACC have all managed to score themselves a podium finish so far! Top spot was earned this week by steady improvements to the setup, and a desire to go faster. Thanks for setting the example @SlowGrayAudi

19. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:59:922
    PC

Struggling for time this week so don't think I'll improve on this....

ACC WHC Header.PNG

20. SlowGrayAudi

You can do it Mike!! I need you to push me!

21. SlowGrayAudi

Felt like sharing. Got a new skin for my Fanatec McLaren rim. Loving it!!! Im such a fanboy lol

Its made by LovelyStickers

20210409_160026.jpg