1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 screens possible?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patrik Marek, Jan 22, 2014.

1. FoCuSaM

FoCuSaM Rookie

thanks, already done, not if it is correct or not, but since I get it to work, one of the things not to good, has been putting the full screen to 0, in the video.ini file has been switch to 0 and pressing alt + with intro screens have been fine. thank you very much.

2. FoCuSaM

FoCuSaM Rookie

[​IMG]

so is the end

Patrik Marek and Bailey like this.
  3. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Guys, there is 2 problems with this workaround using SRWE or other similar tools.

1 - In windowed mode the gpu performance is worse. Slightly on Win 8.1 but way worse on Win 7.

2- Several stereo 3D modes do not work in windowed mode across 2 displays. You need the window, full screen or not, to be centered on a display. So you would need the 2 physical displays to be set as one like in AMD Eyefinity.

Because of that, the problem needs be addressed on the source: Nvidia.

It would make sense for Nvidia to limit maximum number of monitors you can use with surround.
    With their workstation gpus this number is much higher.
    But to limit the min number of monitors in surround makes no sense.

If you have a look at Geforce forum theres lot of requests for this since the removal of the "span desktop" mode in Win Vista.

Do you guys have some ideas how we could press Nvidia to change this restriction for us AC players?
    Could Kunos help us on this one?

4. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

5. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Found other drawbacks:

2 - Stutter. Caused by the fact that you cant use the game vsync without fullscreen. You will be using windows vsync that is inferior and leads to stutter.

3 - Nvidia Shadowplay only works in full screen.

4 - Nvidia gsync only works in full screen.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Hey mangal, thanks for the tips. Previously I was using 5760 for dual screen, so the left 1920 pixels were going to waste. I'm trying to set this up now with SRWE to save some GPU processing power from the missing-left screen of 1920 pixels. Some questions:

So essentially your 2 monitors total to 3520 pixels, right? Then you set width in video.ini to 4096 so as to allow some 560 pixels for offsetting and move the wheel towards the left (since it will be in the center of your 2 monitors), and hence fall in the center of your left monitor, is this correct?

I currently have 2 1920 monitors. What do you suggest I set width to in video.ini, enough to have my wheel centered on my left screen and my right screen fully covered as well by AC, is this correct?

Can you also post a sample of your AC screen showing both monitors? Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  7. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Update: the performance drop and stutter in windowed mode is much worse, even on win 8, when it comes to assetto corsa.
    Crysis 3 - 2% performance drop with some stutter
    AC - 13% performance drop with constant stuttering

8. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

if you want the wheel centered on the left screen, you basically have a 3 screen set up displayed on just 2 screens. That would mean you'd need to have a 3x1920 = 5760 px width configuration, and you'll calculate 1920x1080 that will never be shown.

That's not what I have. I have the steering wheel about on 2/3rd to 3/4 from the left, just so that I don't have the bevels of the monitors right through the middle of the screen (which you would get if you chose a display width of 2 x 1920 = 3840). If you're OK with that, you could go with a (2.5 x 1920 = ) 4800, or more or less, and then offset the window until you have the screen touch the right edge of the right most monitor. Just play with it a bit, until you have what you want.

Almost. With those settings I need to move the whole picture to the right. Before I offset with SRWE my right monitor shows black on the rightest 1/3-1/2 beyond the app bar. With 4096, it still assumes that the non-existent 3rd monitor on the left is there, so you see only 4096-1920 = 2176 on the two screens. Then you offset to the right until the picture fills both your screens.

I really wish I could... My PC has been through a major meltdown and after 3 weeks is now finally on its way back from RMA. A combination of a faulty PSU + a burr from the mount of the custom fan that touched the back of the motherboard ended up frying the MB, RAM and the CPU. Never seen anything like it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    HONDAHOLIC likes this.
  9. Abominus

Abominus Racer

I have been playing around with SRWE for most of the morning. There are two main issues that stop me from using it at the moment on my two identical screens.
    1) You cannot adjust for the bezels properly anymore
    Where the bezel adjustment needs to take place is potentially at many different locations on the x-axis when you start shifting the resolutions around. Not being able to adjust for the bezel looks really bad.
    2) You need the ability to be able to move the whole image to the left or right in minor increments. The only way at the moment is to adjust the driver eyes position which really messes perspective up if you want to move the position a lot. Not usable.

So I've gone back to calculating all three screens again on my dual screen setup. A shame, I'm back down to ~60fps when I was on ~90fps when I could get SRWE to put the three screens of information on to only two screens.

It would be really awesome if the devs could either:
    1) put in a don't calculate a screen option (not likely)
    2) put in an option for where bezel calculations should take place. Note, there would need to be separate options per bezel
    3) allow the image to be moved left or right without the image rotating or perspective changing. Just a simple move everything to the right in increments, or left.

10. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Definitely the devs and nvidia should have a look on this.
    If it was possible to do "surround" with just 2 monitors none of this would be a problem.

11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. Right, I played around with it and saw that. Found it odd if the wheel was not centered on my left/main screen, so I have to settle back with full triple at 5760px.

Regarding offsetting to remove the bezels, I think I saw that too, but adjusting the triple screen app removed that.

Hope you get your PC sorted out.

12. Abominus

Abominus Racer

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

+100

14. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

I follewed (and replied a few times) this thread a while ago. And at the moment I run a dualscreen setup (2 differtent monitors, a 16:10 1900x1200 and a 4:3 1600x1200) with the triple screen option enable.
    For me this works better then with the SRWE tool. My monitors are set that the left one (primairy) is the middle screen and the other is on the right, soo I see the complete dashboard.
    But I'm missing info that appears on the left, mainly the damage app. You just can't pick it up and put it somewhere else. Anyone an idea how to move this around? Maybe in an ini file?

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I believe it's not movable at this time. Not sure if AC will adjust this but some have mentioned this already.

16. Lenkas

Lenkas Rookie

Hey guys, I'd like some help too. I can't get it to work.
    I use a 1920x1200 and a 1680x1050 monitors, left one 1920x1200 is my primary one.
    I set the 3600x1200 in .ini file.
    I got the SRWE
    Started the game, opened acs.exe with SRWE and adjusted it.
    But I have wheel in the middle of the screens, and I can see the left mirror instead of right one.
    I would like to set my in game wheel in middle of my 1920x1200 monitor like some of people on here have it (post 102).

This is how it looks when I start the game.
    launch1.png
    After clicking "left" for adjustment it looks good.
    launch2.png
    But when I go in game, the wheel position is wrong
    ingame.png

What am I missing? I tried to move the "drivers head" look with dev apps for camera, but with no success.
    Thanks for help

17. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I think you need to put your primary on the right. I made this post on the "RACEDEPARTMENT"'s forums. You might find it helpful.

I have two monitors, but different sizes which I think makes the 2 screen set-up work a bit better than the same size set-ups.
    • I take the dimension of the small screen 1280 x 1024 as the basis of the set-up, this screen is placed on the left.
    • The big screen is 1920 x 1080 (my primary screen on the right)
    • In AC I choose the 1280 x 1024 screen size. I have full screen checked, I did try it unchecked but can't remember why I did't stick with it.
    • Start a AC session
    • Using the SRWE tool I added the with of both screens 1280 +1920 = 3200 for the width of the image and used the hight dimension 1024 of the small screen. I then used the -1280 as the offset. ( this is all from memory, I will get back to you on the details once I get home)
    • I saves this in SRWE as a pre-set
    • Running a AC session you might find that your apps tend to get re arranged each time, a bit annoying so using the "....\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg" I changed the post processing and this fixed the issue.
      Another thing I have to check is if post processing works with this video. ini setting. When trying the post processing it distorted the image when the setting was set at my 1920 x 1080 primary screen size but did not distort when this was checked off. I'am not fussed due to my low end GPU but will check it again now I have set the value of the post processing
    • I use the standard mod of CD/DVD cases to adjust the hight of the small monitor so that the top edges line up
    You will have an empty band on the bigger monitor due to using the 1024 hight but doing it this way I can see the hole image and nothing is hidden. With this asymmetric set-up the car steering positions is located on the left of the big screen and fairly centred on the complete width of the two screens. This places the bezel of the two screens in way of the position of most car's pillars, taking up any misaligning of the two screens . I also move the small screen behind the big screen so that its bezel is behind the primary screens bezel, reducing the overall thickness of the two bezels. This all works well for left hand drive cars, I guess this set-up would have to be changed for right hand drive cars -small screen on the right Also my GPU is a GeForce MSI N460GTX so the smaller resolution helps it out and I can get a reasonable frame rate at low but not minimal settings in AC.

18. Matson1984

Matson1984 Gamer

Is this two screen setup actually possible with an ultrawide screen?
    What I mean is could I use my 34 inch ultra wide LG in a way that it would be like having two separate monitors and then add another normal 24 inch monitor next to it.

19. Horus

Horus Alien

yes you can. :)

20. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Oops this point is a bit mixed up! it should read
    • Running a AC session you might find that your apps tend to get re arranged each time, a bit annoying. So using the "....\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg" I changed it to 3200 x 1024 and this fixed the issue.
    • Also with post processing checked the image distorts when the setting is at 1920 x 1080 (primary screen size) but did not distort when using the 3200 x 1024 size in the "....\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg"