1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 screens possible?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patrik Marek, Jan 22, 2014.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the details. For same 1920x1080 monitors, do I just replace the 1280 from your info?

2. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Yup! that should do it. make sure you bigger screen is on the right, putting your steering on the right of the bezels, your smaller screen is bigger than mine so the offset of the steering (drivers head) position will not be so great.

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, I meant having 2 of the same-sized (i.e. both 24") monitors and both the same 1920. :)

4. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

That is a problem i see the bezels are going to be in the center of your view! The only thing I can think of is to make your virtual screen smaller in width then the sum of your two screens. Offset it to one side in SRWE, this will give you some unused screen that maybe you can use to show some telemetry like SimRacingDashboard .
    From what I gather you can not offset the driving position within AC other then the "on board settings" There could be some workaround out there. One thing you have got to be careful of is not make your virtual screen bigger then the sum of your real screens also do not offset it outside of your real screens otherwise you could make the in game four UI panels outside you view-able screen:
    • the two on-track panels:
      • the app menu on the right
      • the leader board strip on the bottom
    • the two pit panels :
      • the pit menu on the left
      • the setups tabs on the top

sherpa25 likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Bezel is not in the center, the left hand screen will be the dominant one the right hand screen will be mostly dash and wing mirror. You have to try it to see what I mean. :)

P.S. I never had a problem with the apps or GUI, well until I changed it back to single screen then you have to reset all your app positions using the ini file. So I would advice zipping that puppy up before using two screens. Also remember it will nail you GPU, so if you are only getting 100fps I would forget it as your game will be crippled.

sherpa25 likes this.
  6. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Nvidia now allows for dual monitor or other topologies like amd's eyefinity.
    Some limitations remain. Like the way the driver deals with mixing of different panels.
    Borderless window - the old method for nvidia users - may end up in a performance loss, specially with windows 7.

Driver version tested - 344.11

7. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

digging up an old thread but i just got an additional monitor and was trying to get this working last night. I used a few different methods and non of them works as expected, i think after reading this thread it might be because my primary monitor is on the right and the secondary monitor is on the left. Setup this way due to desk space and also because the right monitor is directly in front my me.

1. Set the video.ini resolution to 5760 x 1080 which gave me 3 screens but obviously i couldn't access the apps via the menu
    2. Used Simple Runtime Window Editor but ended up with a mess and the ACS.exe crashing a lot.
    3. Set the video.ini resolution to 3840 x 1080 however steering wheel in the middle of the screen.

So it would appear i cant really use dual screens with my setup unless i make the primary monitor the left monitor and then use the secondary one to render the remaining interior of the car rather than the drivers door mirror and outside world.

Any tips or advice on people who have got this setup?

8. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

if you press alt+enter with the situation 1 (the same as i have, just custom resolution in the ini file) the game renders all three screens in one. there you can edit and move the apps on screen, then press alt+enter again to go back to the normal view.

if there are a lot of cars the passage could take a few seconds, don't get scared. i do it often because when i get a new app, it always show the first time on the left screen, that i do not have. so i alt+enter, move it to the center and then alt+enter again, so i see it.

i hope you understand my very bad explanation :D

9. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

i understand - thanks. I will give it a shot.

I also noticed i couldnt change my FOV when using the triple screen rendering option....? Anyone else get that?

Do you leave it single screen rendering but just have the custom resolution in the video.ini?

10. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

i use triple screen rendering, you can change the fov from the triple screen app ingame.

11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

What a coincidence. Just trying again to use both mine, after recently upgrading my card. My issue is that, although both are 1920x1080 (24"), my left (main) monitor is 61Hz (HDTV), and 60Hz (IPS monitor), and my 2nd screen displays about an inch lower (i.e. see an inch of my desktop at the top). Any idea how to address this? Not good to swap them as the IPS is too yellowish for my liking in games.

12. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

thanks @Talpa - got dual screens working with your method. Although Alt+Enter and then trying to navigate the menu bar with the thin 3rd screen is really difficult (if that makes sense).

I tried my setup both ways - i.e

1. left monitor with steering wheel and right monitor with interior
    2. right monitor with steering wheel and left monitor with mirror

I do prefer setup 1 however on my desk it means my wheel isnt infront of the monitor and everything is a bit squished. So i am using setup 2 for now and so far so good. It would be nice to be able to activate the apps menu from the left part of the screen

@sherpa25 - not sure on your issue, i wouldnt have thought the Hz would cause that issue. Might be worth posting a picture of what you see to help understand the issue a bit better

13. Rezonen

Rezonen Rookie

When i do this i can set it up correctly, but at the side of my monitor to the right i get this black shadow and the app bar is cyan coloured etc. Any help ?

14. Rezonen

Rezonen Rookie

aPtItCZ.jpg Fixed it, my problem was SweetFX. This is how it looks, i managed to do it with a right main monitor.

15. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

my problem is that I can't make the right monitor to be the secondary. I mean I use my default bigger screen in middle and want the extra screen on the right. but when I turn on surround view by nvidia It detects the mddle as secondary, always. and can't change order. :S

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

can you open desktop properties in windows desktop and set whatever monitor you want as default.

MaRcIu likes this.
  17. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

yes in desktop yes :S , and it is the correct order. and then only after surround is activated the order is inverted, in desktop appears as one after surround is on of course.

edit: after all I am able to edit the order in surround screen. but can't make the default that I want as number 1. that means in desktop the windows bar starts in the right screen

anyway it works in game. now I have to find out how to make the steering not appear between the 2 screens. I wanted the game as it was with 1 screen only and the rest of the cockpit on the right.
    this is what I have now.
    IMAG1178.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  18. im trying to figure this out. but my INI file doesnt have the resolution in the list?

19. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

This is exactly what I want to do with my setup. But my main monitor is 2560x1440, secondary (on the left) is 1080. Should I use SRWE or Nvidia surround?

20. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

nvidia surround doesnt work correctly with 2 screens. It defaults to using your left monitor as 1 and right monitor as 2 which then causes issues in the game. Best thing to do is to make a copy/backup of your video.ini file in your documents/ac folder.

Then edit the original changing the following settings:

Fullscreen: 0
    Rendering: Triple
    Resolution: 5760 x 1080 (for people with a 1080 primary monitor)
    Resolution: 7680 x 1440 (for people with a 1440 primary monitor) - you can maybe use the 1080 resolution but you might notice bars on your screen as full screen is set to 0

That should be it, the game will use your primary monitor as the center and the left or right monitor as the cockpit or door mirror view, you will loose FPS because you are essentially forcing the game to run in triple screen mode but you only have 2 so despite the missing screen the content is still being rendered.

I had to drop down the AF/AA samples and the cube mapping for reflections, i also dropped down smoke as it looks crap anyway but its a resource drain to ensure i can still hit 60fps.

People with random second monitors i dont know how well this will work or how much you will see, its best to do this with monitors of the same resolution/size imo.

---

If you use your left monitor as your secondary then you will be unable to get to the app bar, to do this hit Alt+Enter and the screen will change to full screen on your primary display, you can then use your mouse to pick the apps but be warned it isnt easy to see and you might have issues with the mouse movement on the 3rd screen.

If you use your right monitor as your secondary then you can use the app bar as normal but any apps that appear on the missing screen will be useless so again use Alt+Enter and try and move them.

---

I did try SRWE but found the above a better solution that works without having to mess about with a separate program however SRWE does work. Its personal preference.

MaRcIu likes this.