1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2016 Modder Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Hi folks , we all love and thank kunos for their amazing work with assetto but i feel the modders have played a big part in assettos success and i would like too thank all of the modders but i will do a short write up the mods i love in no order of favouritism just what comes to memory first.
    Tracks .
    Paul Ricard what a great track that i never thought id enjoy(cant wait for ver1.0) . thankyou Tony Messagers.
    VIR awesome track great collaboration from Darren Blythe and Rigel roll on their next project.
    Donnington goes without saying continually improving ( just with youd start another track lol) Thanks BRUN
    Riverside and Bridgehampton. Thanks Lilski going back in time to keep the memories alive of long forgotten gems.
    Poznan . What a little gem of a track thanks Krzysztof Szymikowski .
    Must give mentions to mitja bonca for grobnik , which is a very undertated track and to rigel for Mills metropark which is underated too . Thanks guys.

Cars
    IER awesome work guys. Any news on the update? Thankyou.
    Ferrari f2002 amazing teamwork.

Sounds
    Fonsecker , Nevercrash and Mrmike for making assetto sound more orgasmic , keep it going going guys.

A massive thankyou to all the skinners out there for making photomode more enjoyable (for me ).

Peter Boese for the beautifull clouds.Chris kennedy , wagnum pi and co for the weather work too.
    Big thanks to joshkerr for Autumn nords . Amazing.
    Thanks for all the love and i look forwards too 2017.( sorry if ive forgotten or not mentioned other mods but thats whats this threads for)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    x4fab, MrDeap, Edelstahl and 25 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries Edouard25's garage: skins and reworked interiors as modders resources (updated 13/04/2016) Nov 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2020 AMG, 2018 Bentley or 2016 Lexus Jul 28, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 919 2016 missing Apr 27, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server starts with no ping (-- ms) on Windows Server 2016 Core Dec 6, 2018
    Console Lounge Audi R8 LMS 2016 Cup Jul 30, 2018
    Screens & Videos Multiplayer First Lap was war [Audi R8 LMS 2016] @Monza [Assetto Corsa] Helmet cam Jan 12, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Who is in for a 20laps at Silverstone with 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R Dec 8, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa SRZGT3-Nordschleife Endurance HOTLAP 650 GTS Cristian Capece VS R8 2016 Danilo Santoro Oct 26, 2017
    General modding discussion 2016 Honda NSX Aug 6, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AUDI R8 LMS 2016 no windshield banner in interior view Jun 29, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi R8 LMS 2016 Tribute Video (Ready To Race DLC) Jun 21, 2017
    Sounds modding sound mod for the 2016 Audi R8 LMS? May 26, 2017
    General modding discussion modding the 2016 Audi R8 LMS May 26, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Rear Brake Light r8 lms 2016. May 20, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi R8 LMS 2016 at NürburgringGP - 1:54.459 + Setup May 18, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Havent tried that many cars or tracks this year. But I always run the game with @Atle Dreier's anticlipping app, its really helpful so thanks for that!

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@x4fab a big thank you for what is to me the most awesome mod in 2016, Content Manager is not only brilliant, it makes AC a better SIM, x4fab determination and support to the user is outstanding. Well done and thank you Sir. :)

x4fab, Lawndart, DaveS78 and 7 others like this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

My List:

Tracks
    Bridgehampton
    Donington Park
    Riverside International Raceway
    Tor Poznan
    Virginia International Raceway

Cars
    Jaguar XJ13

Other
    Minorating
    STracker
    Admin Tools
    Race Essentials

Thanks AC modding community, you are awesome!

6. RuaOnze

RuaOnze Gamer

My thanks to the creators of Tracks and Apps, featured:

Donington park
    Paul Ricard

Helicorsa
    Map Display (A visual enhancement would be welcome)
    Pitboard
    PitConfig
    Prunn
    Ptracker
    RaceEssentials

7. LeiF

LeiF Alien

My list is basically the same as this with the additions of the following:

CrewCheif App
    Sidekick App

With the above two apps you dont need anything else apart from Chat and optionally Realtime for MP. I have even done away with helicorsa thanks to CrewCheif!

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would love to use Sidekick instead of RaceEssentials but I can't go clicking boxes mid race :p I wish it could be customised a bit.
    If it was up to me I would remove the pedal input bars and put lap time and delta 1 on top of the other in that space. I would also remove race position and make fuel readout a lot smaller. With all of the space created I would show tyre wear, tyre temp, tyre pressure and brake temp so all are visible without having to cycle boxes... Current gear and speed arent really needed either, maybe I would put lap time and delta there instead :p

LeiF likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Tracks were already covered with Donington, VIR, RIR, Bridgehamptonas being top-notch mods. Also add Grobnik, Miseluk and Aspertsham. Need a bit more laps to get warm with Tor Poznan.

Cars:
    Opel Kadett C V8 'Yellow Psycho'
    Ferrari 643

The 643 is just amazing, but after a while of really pushing the car it will start to play with your mind and will simply melt your brain.

Others:
    Content Manager by x4fab, must-have for me
    HeliCorsa
    MinoRating
    ptracker/stracker
    Sidekick by Topuz
    several PP-Filters for Screenshots
    Fonsecker Sound Mods
    LUT generator and FFB clipping tool (Logitech G25)
    and of course the stunning weathers of Peter Böse's 'Good and Bad weather' mod

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I use the keyboard rather than click if I need to change one of the readouts. Alt+A to cycle through and Alt+S to change the highlighted one.

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I have it setup without the need of changing manual.
    1: PB 2: Delta on PB 2: autocycle lap, position 4: autocycle fuel rem., per lap, laps rem. 5: autocycle wear, tyre temp. were with brake overlay

Sometimes added by a tire PSI app though.
    So Sidekick, HeliCorsa plus max. 6 player ptracker, added by tire PSI helper.
    Online added with chat and admintools.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Natural Graphic Mod
    Helicorsa
    RHM
    FFBClip (not use anymore after OSW switch)

13. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't agree more! CM makes the sim almost AC 1.5 - I love it!

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, I'm at AC 1.11, so...:p;):D

15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Ill go ahead and thank the various 2D/3D Skin Artists of 2016, sure the work isnt as intense as some of the other mods out there but damn the level of detail on some of the skins is outstanding and the sheer number of skins we got this year was uncanny so thanks guys thanks for brighting up that field of cars not to down play the fantastic work from all the modders this year. Lets hope we can make 2017 even better

xedrox, DaveS78 and Guidofoc like this.
  16. Another vote of appreciation for the Ferrari 643 :)

17. Lets see, I'm more of a mod maker which takes up so much time, but there are some stuff which brought a smile to my face this year. Hopefully by this time next year I'll have actually released something for others to enjoy :D

I should preface that probably not all of this actually came out this year, but I enjoyed it this year :p
    No special order, mostly alphabetical as I browse the content:

Tracks:

60's Hockenheim - Nice insight into Old Hockenheim by Sergio Loro
    Aspertsham - Great atmosphere, nice to chuck around small street cars, by @THL
    Deutschland Ring - Fromt @Fat-Alfie, not released yet, but just wait - spectacular circuit.
    Donington - Top track, superb quality BRUN
    Modena - Had to get this after Aris' videos. Really nice job, @Rigel
    Paul Ricard - Great for testing, looks lovely too, @Strark3D
    Riverside - Never heard of this before as the ignorant Brit that I am, but amazing job, and superb to race on, @LilSki
    Thomson Road - Again not finished, but another brilliant circuit from @Fat-Alfie and high quality job
    VIR - Like Riverside, I had no idea what all the fuss was about. I soon figured it out! From @Rigel

Special Mentions

Skidpad 0.5 - Ideal for modding, has a banked oval, braking marks, place to test g's.
    Suspension Test Track - Another modding must have, testing bumpstops etc.
    Test Pad - Again, modding special. Good for checking you colliders are accurate.
    Flat Floor - For aero modding this is great, get nice clean data without worrying about crashing!
    Cars:

Honda S800 and RSC - From @A3DR, absolutely the benchmark in my view for keen modellers - great inspiration for me and a fun little thing to drive too (physics by @aphidgod). Particularly fond of the street version.
    Jaguar XJ13 - Of course, can't skip this one. Brilliant work from @mantasisg 2, nice to see the evolution from what was a pretty rough model to something as polished and complete as it now is. Great work by @aphidgod on the physics for this one too.
    Lol, I'm kinda surprised at the ratio between cars and tracks - I suppose the majority of modded cars in my library are from me :p

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Agree, you really need a low powered street car like this one for Aspertsham :D

Rolf Kazamba and garyjpaterson like this.
  19. A bit noisy for me that one.

This one is more suited I reckon :p

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I dunno... it looks a little too race car, i'd be worried about damaging the front bumper on the roof of one of those houses :D

garyjpaterson likes this.
  21. Well for me it was track wise VIR was great the vast majority of my mods are cars the standouts were 643, F2002 the AE2, MP4/4, CLR, s800 and the Opel Kaddett, and Jag xj13