1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2016 Modder Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Among the mods released this year I was stunned by:

Tracks:
    Riverside International Raceway (RIR) by Lilski
    Virginia International Raceway (VIR) by Darren Blythe, RIgel, Lilski and Arthur66

Cars:
    Veloce GTS-8 by A3DR
    Jaguar XJ13 by mantasisg

Apps:
    Content Manager by x4fab
    Crew Chief by Jim Britton and Sparten
    The Setup Market by Matthieu Labbe'

To me all the above are important additions to AC that greatly enhanced the game. I would also like to mention that guys like Lilski and others are helping out the other modders to improve, and that's also invaluable. Thanks so much guys.

I want to thank also Minolin (Minorating), the RSR guys (Live Timing) and Neys (sTracker) for their continuous support.

Happy 2017!

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Many thanks to all modders.

If I had to choose one, that would be of course minorating since it transformed on line gaming.

Kunos owe him big time.

I bet that AC would never be so successful if not for @Minolin. Really.

Also huge thanks to @x4fab for content manager. I can't remember since how long I used official launcher.

Of course apps like
    stracker
    RHM
    Sidekick
    FFBclip
    Crew chief
    RSR
    Setup market
    And Helicorsa, make this game complete .

Tracks I only used 2 of them. RIR and VIR.

Cars I am afraid none, since Kunos has offered so many.

Finally filters natural and wagnum , and good and bad weathers that makes game so beautiful and efficient.

Thank you all.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Minolin, LeiF and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't download many mods but with Kunos tracks not appearing that often I've downloaded a few tracks.

The list is pretty much in every post in this thread, RIR, Bridgehampton, VIR, Donny and Ricard are all excellent. If like me you normally leave the mod scene alone the tracks mentioned in this thread really are worth downloading or you're missing out ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

How did I forget RHM !!

Loving the new version even more :D

5. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Oh, hard to choose, especially as I tend to think in pre-Purge and post-Purge here. Many mods came out in the first half of 2016 that are basically forgotten (by users and the modders themselves) today.
    But I'll try to round up a few I like to run from time to time

Cars:
    XJ-13 by @mantasisg
    Lancia Fulvia by @RSanchezPaz (even tho it lacks updates, it still is a magnificent model and very cool opponent to the Alfa GTA)

Tracks:
    Donington Park by @BRUN (I didn't even like Don before, but this mod made me love it. Also cool for employing new unusual features and matching Kunos' visuals perfectly)
    RIR by @LilSki (same here. Motorsport archaeology)
    VIR by @all those guys (great track, but has not (IMO) reached the same level of visual perfection as the other two above)
    Great Wall Speedway by @Simog (great visuals, great semi-fictional layout, just an overall great place to race. Unusual choice I guess, but I spend more time on it then on VIR and RIR combined :oops:)

Tools/Apps:
    Sidekick/Race Essentials
    LUT Creator
    Cars Manager/Content Manager

Blender "Bone Animation Rig" by @Stereo (with it all aspects of a car model can be created in Blender. He wrote a friggin .ksanim exporter for Blender! And still the whole thing went mostly unnoticed)

6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Only 1 or 2 tracks that I heartily recommend.

Donnington and RIR as already mentioned and added to that Tor Posnan by @Szymik. Other than that Sidekick is really helpful. Any car mods that I enjoyed have been snapped up by Kunos, so finger out lads and give me back my 787B ;)

7. pavano

pavano Simracer

well, I'd like to chime in on that.

tracks
    It's not necessarily the track layout that should be important here but what the modder achieved.
    so
    Lilski (RIR - excellent track, so many little details. perfect road feel. And I do like the layouts (Bridgehampton as well))

Blythe-RIgel-Lilski (VIR – really well made, even though the layouts are less interesting to me (as of now); Mills Metropark is a standout as well)

Szymik (Tor Poznań –incredibly well made track. road feel and details are excellent. And I also do like the layout)

Strarck3D (Paul Ricard - again so incredibly well made. First from the pictures I thought it looked dull, but man was I wrong...)

Tiago Lima – (e.g. Sportsland SUGO,but Tiago brings us so many great tracks... incredible.
    Sergio Loro (Hockenheim 60: don't like the track per se, but it's so well made!)
    Mitja Bonca (Grobnik – nice track, like the layout a lot and Mitja does a lot for the community)

Honorable mentions: Terra21 (does so many interesting tracks), (tracks: Thruxton, a little gem, Velosport)

cars:
    RSR with the update to Formula 3

apps:
    Crew Chief
    Raceessentials/Sidekick
    RHM
    and: content manager
    icing: G n B Weather

8. MJ911

MJ911 Racer

Great to see the modders getting some applause. Some of the tracks are stunning like Donington, Paul Ricard, Vir and Riverside, really high quality.
    Some of the apps are awesome too as are all the great skins that get released for the various newly released cars.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Cars

- One:1 for mysteriously awesome physics and crazy interior sound.
    - Fulvia, absolutely #1 mod car of the year. Must have.
    - A3DR for his insane modeling skills, releasing two awesome cars made it look like it is easy. Perhaps it is for him.
    - MP4/4 by F1VRC, and 643 by ASR. Two high quality classic F1 cars.

Tracks (7 pages at RD)

- Elaintarharata, Hockenheim short version, 60s Ahvenisto. Sergio Loro is always bringing interesting tracks from 60s.
    - Kanniranni. Great gravel rally stage from TTM. One just can prey for soft surfaces in AC, we would certainly have a few great tracks for that. And sand runoffs at every track :D
    - Present Ahvenisto. Very exciting tight track, very challenging.
    - Aspertsham. Unfinished, but showed how natural public places can look in AC, one of the nicest.
    - VIR and RIR shares #1 place. Must haves, makes official tracks a good rivalry when I launch AC, also gives me headache of choosing.
    - Toscana fictional circuit, surprise of the year. Early release, visually complete. People will talk about it.

Impossible to give a full go for every mod. Also it is a matter of interest, mod can be absolutely flawless but that isn't really what attracts. However, if quality is bad, then even a most wonderful car or track is repelling.

10. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Have to chim in here and agree with all of the mentions above. Don't forget Bilster Berg by Fat-Alfie here. A very enjoyable track with attention to track detail, although not quite finished before project took another turn (in an interesting direction) :).

Thanks to all of you "modders" for extending our digital dreams!

DaveS78 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Fat-Alfie will totally make it to 2017 Awards with Thompson, and maybe Deutschlandring too (pleaaaaaase). You never heard about those tracks probably, but you will, they are awesome :)

I also predict @Sovers taking most of the awards of 2017. You guys can't work on DRM and Furia for forever, can you ? Updates will be inevitable anyway, I guess.

DaveS78 likes this.
  12. Sovers

Sovers Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the mention :) Although I think it's a bit too much :p.
    Also I'm sorry to say but I'm without computer since November due to a motherboard failure and buy a new combo wasn't in my plans so it's the worst case scenario. The things can take some time to get on the rails again.

Enviado de meu SM-P550 usando Tapatalk

DaveS78 likes this.
  13. It just came out, definitely a late 2016 mod winner and definitely top 5, Miseluk 1.0.
    it's as detailed as Honda s800 or Rodrigo's Fulvia if compared to a car. Compared to a track it's as detailed as Tor Poznan or maybe Luca ring?

Aspertham has potential though it lacks of updates lately and only 2 pits by now.

VIR is definitely a winner and also sp237 Coste road has been improved lately so fortunately we have all kinds of tracks, whether it's permanent circuit, street course, winding road. It takes time to get proper track done and some of the guys had elevated the bar in terms of quality.

Of course Fonseker sound mods are a must have for some cars.

WRC cars by rally legends must not be forgotten and some sim Traxxs tracks as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Aspertsham is so tight so racing there isn't a good idea in the first place.
    It's more like a hotlap track, so 2 pits is just fine imo.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

I also want to thank all the mods for their work. I'm not going to make a list of all the mods i use because this list would be too long.
    So to all the mods : big thanks for your work, you all are the main reason why i moved over to pc !!!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

:/ The bright side is that you probably have more time away from computer :D

Simracng community should be sending you best parts to build best pc build right now !

DaveS78 and aphidgod like this.
  17. RSanchezPaz

RSanchezPaz Hardcore Simmer

Tnx guys for keeping in mind the Fulvia. Sorry for the lack of update's.

Imho hat off to:
    @mantasisg 2 for his Jaguar, he have made all the big effort of learning and what an outstanding results he got.
    @A3DR a real professional, in the whole meaning of word, his cars are astonishing and also i came back to 3D modelling since he told me to do it after a looong break.
    @x4fab ... this guy flipped AC engine... he did that amazing 504 and not only the model is great, wich is even better is the feature's he did! hes the first that made skinned mesh suspension animation, and physics animations by dmg.ini tweak!! the car also have more pretty intresting feature's that he made by pushing the AC engine limits to the next level.

OFC tracks are incredible also, but Lucca Ring took a place in my heart.

As said above by the folks, we have to thanks everyone, not even who finished their mods this year, also people like @Patrik Marek, @irSindacco, and many others... i feel gulty by chosing few name's since everyone who made scratch content put alot of effort and passion.

18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I have some spare DDR3 and a 750gb HDD... about all I can do. I already sent my GTX670 to LilSki when his trackmaking computer's card crapped out. :p

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For me the lost of mods are topped by the work done by @Minolin with Minorating and helicorsa.

@never_eat_yellow_snow1 with ptracker and stracker.

@WallyM with the work he doesnin our league along with apps like plp etc.

Track wise most have been mentioned but for me. Riverside, Bridgehampton, VIR, Paul Ricard, donnington and the two hardly mentioned by most here the amazing Luccaring and Baskerville.

All those tracks are great layouts with so much talent and hard work having been put into their construction for us to use in AC.