1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Harmaa Myrsky, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

Hi guys,

I am using 49" ultrawide monitor (Samsung LC49RG90SSUXEN) for simracing. I set my display (5120x1440) as a triple sceen as discussed here. I really like the ultrawide monitor. I would like to bump up my pc specs a bit, but I'm a complete beginner with that sort of stuff.

My budget is somewhere around 1000€. If it goes far beyond that, I have to think again. My understanding is that I shouldn't pay too much for the GPU if the CPU is the next bottleneck. So I'm looking for somekind of a balance, and that is what I need help for.

Currently I'm getting about 80-90 FPS with AI

My current PC specs are:
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, AM4, 3.4 GHz, 6-core BULK
    • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL OC, 6GB GDDR6
    • RAM: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury, DDR4 3200MHz, CL18, 1
    • HD: Samsung 250GB 970 EVO Plus SSD, M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x4 AND Seagate 1TB BarraCuda, internal 3.5" harddrive, SATA III, 7200rpm, 64MB
    • Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450-PLUS, ATX
    • Case: Fractal Design Define C, ATX
    • Power: Corsair 650W VS650, ATX, 80 Plus White

ACC Video settings:
    • Resolution scale: 75%
    • View Distance: MID
    • Shadows: LOW
    • Shadow Distance: LOW
    • Contact Shadows: DISABLED
    • Antialiasing: OFF
    • Antialiasing type: KTAA
    • Effects: LOW
    • Post processing: LOW
    • Foliage: LOW
    • Texture: HIGH
    • Mirror quality: OFF
    • Opponents visibility: 10
    • Materials quality: HIGH
    • Temporal upsampling: ENABLED
    • Bloom quality: MID
    • Volumetric fog: DISABLED
    • Foliage lod quality: LOW
    • Car lod quality: 70%
    • HLOD: ENABLED
    • Advanced sharpen filter: DISABLED
    I guess I would have to go for better GPU, but I really don't have any idea. I ordered my current PC prebuild, so I'm kind of new to this.

Any suggestions for GPU? Or should I go completely for different route? Thanks in advance!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa looks low resolution on ultrawide Jan 30, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Super Ultrawide versus Triples versus VR May 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Upgrading to a 34" ultrawide monitor May 5, 2020
    ACC User Interface 1.0.7 Too much zoom in showroom and car selection on Triples and Ultrawides Aug 9, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please support Ultrawide correctly also in intro clips Sep 21, 2018
    Suggestions Better multi monitor Support for ultrawide Aug 10, 2017
    Chit Chat Room How about a ultrawide monitor plus Trackir? Jan 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room For the people with 21:9 ultrawide screens how are you finding them in ac? Mar 19, 2015
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How I gained 50sec in a CP Race by exploiting the pit mechanism. P24 --> P13 Aug 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Simracing, Flightsim, FPS --> Only option Obutto? Oct 3, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low CPU and GPU usage with Oculus CV1 --> Low FPS Sep 2, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC not using all CPU treads --> 99% CPU during AI races May 20, 2017

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would replace the CPU with a 5600x, then sell the current CPU and GPU and spend what I could from the total left budget on a GPU

4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I would go for the GPU First , especially with that Resolution , that makes the biggest difference as far as FPS goes, Going for a CPU will not make that difference at that resolution as the GPU is the bottle neck. Please see this video

F1Aussie and Fractured Life like this.
  5. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Agree with the above. The CPU will be a bottleneck but then again even the fastest cpu on the market wouldn't allow that much more fps than what you currently have. With better GPU you can at least enjoy the nice graphics.

6. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

GPUs are still very expensive currently, while CPUs are already at a normal level. With the already suggested 5600x you get a very good upgrade, which you want anyways if you buy a new GPU, so you can do nothing wrong here now.
    With some luck, you might find a decently priced GPU with the remaining budget.

7. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

8. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

Did you mean to add a link? Any info would help - thank you! :)

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yep, that's the CPU, not very expensive these days. If you buy that then sell your current CPU it should help fund the GPU along with selling the original GPU.
    With GPU's the higher spec you can afford the better.

10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Oh yea sorry

Harmaa Myrsky likes this.
  11. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

It is not worth upgrading to a 3060, it is just barely faster than a 2060, it has about the same performance as a 2070.

Get either a 3060ti, or 3070.

Here is a good review of the 3060 and why it is not worth buying, if you skip to 23:30, you get the conclusion.

stefanoCasillo and Harmaa Myrsky like this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

13. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

My monitor supports freesync technology. Do you think it's worth going for AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT? I don't really use my PC for other than simracing.

For my understanding RTX 3070 is a bit better, but does not support freesync. RX 6700 would be 250€ cheaper. I don't really know if fits my system or not..

14. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

Serge M likes this.
  15. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Yes, also a good card.

The RTX cards support freesync, that was added in the drivers a few years ago. You can already use it with your 2060, in your nvidia control panel under G-Sync it is called "G-Sync compatible" (stupid marketing move).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  16. Harmaa Myrsky

Harmaa Myrsky Rookie

I decided to go for RX 6700 XT because it was 25% cheaper than RTX 3070. I bought Ryzen 5 5600X also.

I'll have to update BIOS and delete old GPU drivers before changing those parts. Not sure if I'm going to do this myself, or ask some help from local IT maintenance workshop. I have no experience in this, and I'm a bit afraid I'm going to mess things up :)

F1Aussie likes this.
  17. Krampus1313

Krampus1313 Rookie

Harmaa,

I know it's a year old but how do you like the 6700xt? I'm upgrading the CPU and MB from a a320m r5 1600 to a b550 r7 5700x this week and I'm using a 1070 so I was seeing the 6650xt was there for a decent price.