1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

60hz option

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by APC900, Nov 8, 2014.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Anybody else missing the 60Hz option in video resolution setup?
    I have 1920 x 1080...but only at 59Hz (twice)...no 60Hz.
    I've searched but couldn't find anything.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Input Lag with with 4k 60Hz TV Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality VR clarity with Reverb G2 @ 60Hz - it is possible Nov 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox One X 60hz not Work Aug 5, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions TV 4k 60Hz, 1080p 120Hz Apr 10, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How to change 120Hz to 60Hz(maybe Problem after trying VR) Mar 18, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds resolution 1920X1080 60hz no selectionable Nov 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 11.520x2.160@60Hz: Triple 4K monitor setup - My review Aug 5, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues No 60hz 1980x1020 available? Aug 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Triple screen - 2x 60hz, 1x 120hz? Jun 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room refresh a 50hz o 60hz? Feb 23, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 60hz not selectable Jan 31, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics seems stuck at 50Hz tick causing jittering motion when rendering at 60Hz Dec 12, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues VSYNC ON makes FPS from 110 to 30 in 60Hz LCD Nov 29, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 120hz not working if desktop at 60hz. Nov 12, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024

3. Yeah, happens to me when using HDMI. 60 Hz becomes available using DVI.

4. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Hey!

I got a solution for you. Since you both have a Nvidia GPU do this. Go to Nvidia control panel. There you select Change Resolution. On the bottom you will see a button Customize. Click on it. Than Click on the create custom resolution. There you can setup which resolution you want to create. under that you can set refresh rate. Set it to 60 and apply. You can select 1980x1080 with 60hz in the game ;)

Cheers!

Edit: If that doesn't work I have another solution which will work for sure. Let me know if it helped you ;)

phil likes this.
  5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Some monitors run slightly under 60Hz (like, 59.90) and it just rounds those down on the display.

McNappa and TheBestBeast like this.
  6. Nope :-(
    That doesn't work. NV cpl is set to 1080p / 60Hz (Native resolution) and I can swich between 23,29,50,59 or 60 Hz, but in assetto only 23,29,50 and TWICE 59 Hz can be selected. Happens in all resolutions higher than 1600x900.

7. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Ok :)

Repeat everything as I wrote but with only difference in the last step. Do you see in the same tab where it says Timing? It is set to automatic. Set it to manual and set refresh rate manually to 60.01. Accept it and accept later that resolution in the Nvidia control panel.

8. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

it's not related to AC ... usually the monitor runs on 59.9xx hz. Some applications will show it as 60hz, 59hz, and some will show the exact number .

TheBestBeast likes this.
  9. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Yes :) But you can always force monitor to show 60hz by the options I have described :D It should work :)

10. Ruso

Ruso Gamer

I have the same problem,any solution for amd users?

Cheers

11. atchoo

atchoo Racer

Well, it's not a problem. :)

Epocx likes this.
  12. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I don't run V-sync but I do have AC framerate capped at monitor refresh rate.
    While my framerate is extremely smooth, I do notice a very, very slight shimmering.
    I was wondering if the 60 fps cap vs the 59Hz default setting could have been causing it.
    I'll now drop the fps cap down to 59 from 60 and see if it goes away and report back.

13. mtbboy1993

mtbboy1993 Gamer

until build v1.09 i had only missind 1080p 60HZ but now
    all are 60HZ

14. daubster

daubster Alien

So what's the reason for not using it ? You're already limited to your Hz so why not get rid of tearing as well ?

15. emha76

emha76 Gamer

Input lag.

Filippo94 likes this.
  16. daubster

daubster Alien

How ? Vsync will only prevent frame tearing as he already caped the rate.

17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

vsync adds delay to the frame being drawn so it is not drawn too early.

18. daubster

daubster Alien

Actually it forces the GFX to wait with the next frame until the display sends info that it's done displaying the current one, preventing frame tearing.

This obviously introduces a minimum output lag vs a not synced capped rate but the pros of using Vsync are much bigger then the cons of tearing at capped rate.

Much theory here so just try it, if you're capped at your refresh rate then enable Vsync and see for yourself - it's a different story if you're getting 150 FPS on an 60Hz display - Vsync will then seem laggy but when capped then the difference is not worth not using Vsync.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  19. dauntless

dauntless Alien

It adds lag because the frame is being drawn on your screen later. Later=delayed=lag. My advice is and always has been do not use vsync. It adds lag which will make driving and controlling the cars a lot harder. Ac may be a special case but the best to deal with tearing without adding lag in general is to use uneven fps limits. Say cap fps at 83. 83/60=1,3833.. so the tear become impossible to notice because in the each frame it is drawn in different place. Using the same fps as your monitor Hz is the best way to get tearing. Why would anyone do that?

Maybe it is a personal preference. I run about 120fps (more like 60-130) uncapped. I don't see tearing. Maybe I'm just not specially sensitive to it. But I hate input lag and I'm more sensitive to that. So obviously my preference is high fps which means low input lag and definitely not vsync on.

20. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

exactly!

i was playing a long long time with settings and my preferred option in other sims is 120Hz vsync. in AC this doesnt work right.
    my final setting is: 60Hz frame cap AND vsync. Dont know why this works in AC, but the result is a very very smoothed frameflow with less lag like vsync only. i tried this with 120 hz, but its still stuttering.

at the end i leave it to 60 Hz and now i can use all postproc and all options to high - but reflections to static. and with daubsters mod v4 (and higher brightness) this sim can make me think sitting in a real car....

21. atchoo

atchoo Racer

Did you try 5760*1080 @ 120 Hz and 83 fps framerate limit?
    It's a classic and it works fine.