1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryohji

ryohji Gamer

I also like my coffee like my women: ground and in my fridge.

Jebus and snyperal like this.
  2. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

What's the difference between a Ferrari and a dead ********te?

I don't have a Ferrari in my garage.

mane2907, Horus, Psit and 1 other person like this.
  3. 3vil

3vil Gamer

£19.97 Gamestop UK. I bought it simply because my Steam buddies arent into sims so ive solo'd AC a lot. For under £20 DVD version from gamestop i can race with them in pcars from time to time.

The hype behind it is probably bull. I ask for vids from players claiming that those mega high res ultra fidelty screengrabs are game footage and they link me videos that are very good looking but nothing like the postprocessing gloryness of those "photomode" shots we have all seen.It would be nice of those are genuine but ill wait top see soon enough. As for pcars claim that the tyre model and physics are the best ever made, well i dont expect that to be true at all. I expect for £20 i get to play semi realism cars that my steam mates are playing as they have all ordered it and they usually play games like Grid:AS. Again for £20 if its **** ill go back to destrying fools in GTA:O or taking some super cars on track with AC

OP buy it for your enjoyment not because of the goodies you get with it. Buy cheap elsewhere or wait for a Steam sale. If yuio play AC,GSC you already have a better driving sim to cater for your race needs.Pcars like all games of its type are Virtual car magazines/TopGear presentations, at least that how i feel about them. As i said,if it turns out to be crap £20 is no painful loss.

PS:The new "launch" trailer has a tonne of post processing going on in the audio department.They are doing a codemasters on that one,if you have based any new need for the game from that trailer.The sound of pcars is and has always been rubbish.

SpriGgy likes this.
  4. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

You are standing in the sim racers playground, your name is Assetto Corsa, along comes a big bad bully called Project cars. What are you going to do? Project cars is the new kid in town, he looks good, he smells good, he does what all the sim racers want, all the girls love him. Are you going to roll over and cry because you know everyone will be checking out the new talent? Assetto Corsa my old friend, what are you going to do? What tricks do you have up your sleeve? What surprises are you going to come up with to take the sting out of this new arrivals tail?

snyperal likes this.
  5. myimac

myimac Alien

Assetto will welcome Pcars to the playground then show it round the school. Then everyone will enjoy the individual characteristics and flaws of each student and wait for them to get into college where they can get version 2 editions.

6. If only............. :D

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Very good, we didn't have enough Pcars threads yet.

alex72 and Horus like this.
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

... Assetto Corsa will learn who his true friends are ...

Tucker73 and Mogster like this.
  9. alex72

alex72 Alien

Bah, they can throw as much shiny at me as they want, but it will end as it always does: me uninstalling an hour later and then firing up AC.

10. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Sounds about right to me. Aside from a vocal fanboy-minded minority, I think the bulk of the sim racing population enjoys the variety and can appreciate that they all have different strengths and weaknesses.

If anything, it's Project Cars that faces the 'new kid on the block' problem as it will inevitably come under heavy scrutiny from GT/FM fans in the console arena(and other idiots who don't understand it's a sim and try and compare it to Driveclub). On the PC side, I think we're all mostly just happy to have a new high quality sim on our hands.

snyperal and Horus like this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

you work hard and 10 years latter boy called pC will wash your car :) ... so AC3 ? :)

"bad" thing is that sim racing is too small playing field and as long as you provide at least some sim/simcade car behaviour, atractive content, looks and marketing you can easily compeete with any "hardcore" sim .. in short term (which is enough to get you money) .. in long term from HC sim POV it will always be small loyal core you can count on but hardly really profit on it ...

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  12. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I would say your old friend will wait for the 2 week post release hype to blow over, when people realize pCARS is not the holy grail, just another digital product like every other game out there.
    Then it will stick to it's fanboys, just as pCARS will stick to its fanboys. There will always be the balanced people who know how to enjoy two similar products.
    And then there will be business as usual. AC will keep ignoring everyone asking about updates and not post every burger it has on instagram and FB. Every now and again it will do a bilingual status update announcing new stuff it is getting, like I said, business as usual.

What about you? Are going to stay true to your old friend and stick with them through good or bad, or go for the shallow dude with a nice tan and all the selfies it posts? Can you be friends with both?

13. Horus

Horus Alien

YAWN!
    [​IMG]

SpriGgy, Jebus, Cefa and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

hey a thread about PCars and AC, rare

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Horus likes this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

First play the game, then ask.

Is this only for UK market or i will get digital copy? (maybe noob question)

SpriGgy likes this.
  16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Pcars is like that one friend you have which keeps asking for money and you keep falling for it, im not falling for it this time. AC is like that friend which says sorry for everything, they ask for money and they say sorry ten thousand times, they are the nicest person you will ever meet but but they arent rich and you feel bad as a result.

Tucker73 and snyperal like this.
  17. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

Great quote. I'm hoping to stay true. I think Assetto has the X factor(sorry to quote a ****e tv show but you know what I mean)
    I have the last pre-release build of Project and I prefer Assetto, I've invested in Assetto via time, mods, advice in forums, problem solving etc etc.
    Having said that, I will still buy the release of PC for the best of both worlds experience. What I don't want to see is the mass abandon ship against Assetto. I fear that will happen though especially with a weak multiplayer experience. I will be a dark and turbulent time over the next few weeks until the hype and dust settles.

mistery and liakjim like this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think Pcars will do very well on PC, it has very little competition in the pick up and play racing game market.

That's assuming PC gamers want racing games, they haven't previously, there isn't one in the top 50 most played games on Steam which is interesting. I think the sort of person who invests in a wheel setup will still gravitate towards AC's physics, but we'll see after the first month or so when the newness of Pcars wears off and the hype dies down.

SpriGgy and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

pCars will not have a demo, i know what that means, now get your own conclusions ;)

Tucker73 likes this.
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

AC got no demo, too.

Casper and Vítor Sousa like this.