1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC v1.13 update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nigave, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Correct me if I'm wrong, which might very possible be, as with differentials one can never be absolutely sure... but as far as I know the miata 1.8 has a torsen type 1 with a 2.5:1 bias which is around 40% lock (although it's wrong to simplify it like this).
    Now, torsen works in a way that transmit torque and torque arrives either from the engine (acceleration), or by the wheels (coasting). It is true that the type 1 has a bit more bias under acceleration but it should be almost non perceivable. What the torsen does, is that it multiplies the torque arriving, so obviously when you get one wheel on the air, it gets zero friction and zero torque. So zero multiplied by zero, gives 0 torque transfer so the diff acts as an open diff in such situation. But this is not in coasting, it's when you raise one wheel in the air or you get a wheel on ice for example, but even then the friction is not totally zero.

So the entry understeer you're feeling might be from something else, maybe damper settings which is something that might be different in our car from the real car, you can never be perfectly accurate with damper settings on road cars, as they change from market to market (and car to car even).

Regarding the engine power, the car does correct acceleration figures for 0-100kmh, 0-400m and 0-1km, after that the worse aero drag of our open roof makes top speed and times much worse... So I'm not sure if we have a problem going uphill

2. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

Well, they actually do. For example in GT Masters where they don´t change tyres. It´s definitely something they should consider, because if you don´t change tyres it can be helpful.

Ernie and WallyM like this.
  3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Any way to force an AI Pit? also how do i get dpad working on t500?

4. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Man, I had such the opposite experience.

Feels more agile, but also a lot more twitchy and less stable, especially on turn-in.

I did a back-to-back with these at Barcelona GP. RSR was only about 2-2.5 seconds quicker than the GT3 and required me to be a lot more on-the-edge in the process.

Both are good fun in their own way, though.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The 787B looks and sounds awesome.

LMPs made after 1970 really aren't my thing, even I can appreciate this one though...

djtopa likes this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If nothing else helps, you could use Joy2Key (or something similar) to map the dpad to the cursor keys. That would allow you to do exactly the same.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just gave the 787B a couple of laps around the Ring and I have to say that it really surprised me.
    The handling for a Le Mans prototype is just awesome and surprising to some degree.
    It has great and precise turn-in (something I missed on the C9 last time I drove it), good grip and for a Wankel engine great torque out of the corner.
    What didn't really surprise me is that the loss of grip on the limit is very sudden, you see that in a lot of cars featuring slicks.
    However, I was surprised by how easy it is to catch. So very edgy on the limit, but easy to control if you're doing slightly above the limit. Very nice. :)
    Also the sound … I'm usually not a fan of the high revving formula-1 type engine noises, but this one sounds awesome. :cool:
    Not only when driving, but also when standing still. Could listen to that idle sound minute after minute. :D

Bo-Göran Larsson, djtopa and kaiza like this.
  8. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Uhh ohh, now I have VR choices. Poor Facebook might not get their Rift investment back.

The reasons for running another sim are dwindling with each season. So far I am liking the financial backing they got recently. Really KUNOS's commitment to the title is phenomenal.

ALB123 likes this.
  9. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Epic car the 787B. For hardcore Racers.
    The discussion about which is the best sim is over. Absolutely over. Congratulations Kunos!

djtopa likes this.
  10. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Love the 787B, but I swear the sounds were better from the free mod then from the released version. Exterior sounds are great, but the inside sounds are too cleaned up. Almost feels sterile. Hopefully, we get an update at some point.

11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

That 787b, I'm glad for the long wait, because the wait was worth it!
    Good sound, I feel like it could be even louder externally, but still good.
    Wild turn-in, the gear shift sound is great :D

I had just tried a Group C race on Spa, 15 minutes with manditory pit stop. With the new app, this made for a way more immersive experience. I think I managed to get 2 positions due to using mediums for the longer stint and softs for the shorter one.

The Miata is, well, it's actually amazing haha. Maybe the lower end of sound is a little basic, but otherwise good sound. It's amazing because of it's suspension and raceability.
    Before the Group C race, we did reverse grid races with the Miata. Oh man, the close racing! You can tap, bump draft, 3 liters of fuel means an extra 1/2 mph, which means the determination of the race. 4 wide Nurburgring lol.
    Reverse grid faired just as well with these cars with still very close bumper to bumper action. Yes. Slow as hell. Lovely. I don't think we broke 100 mph at all on Nurb lol.

I would be terrified of doing reverse grid with Group C cars XD

I haven't tried the RSR, I will next. I was addicted to purposely making people mess up (not blocking or anything dangerous, just strategic placement) in the Miatas because it's so slow and easy that it's more about expressing, or even joking than being serious about winning.

Loving these two cars, though....they fill some gaps with competitive cars. Well, the 787b is a little bit in the middle? It's possible to race against the others on some tracks, but I imagine other the Mazda would be crushed on others.
    But they do fill some gaps with desireable racing, so to speak.
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Berniyh and TDS like this.
  12. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I'm gonna have to agree with @William Levesque here. I had a '97 1.8, and it definitely felt stronger than this. I currently have a 1993 1.6, and it pulls stronger to 90mph than this AC car does. And my car has some serious miles on it. Slightly more open exhaust, but that shouldn't make it stronger than a 1.8L. There's a good long, steep incline on I40 that I often drive up in my old clunker, and it feels fine driving up at speeds that I won't mention here. And that's always with the top down ('cause I got no top at all).
    Everything else feels very good. Body roll, damping, brake-dive, steering etc. feels spot on. Can't comment on the differential, since I don't track it or push it hard for extended periods. Yet. ;)

(Really enjoying this car, BTW. Thanks so much for getting it to us.)

13. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Another awesome update with three excellent new cars, I had a great day of racing and as always thanks to the whole team at kunos!:):):)

Andrex and ALB123 like this.
  14. TDS

TDS Alien

787B Is just wow, its up there with my PB cars in AC... what a fun car to drive!
    ;-)

Nick Moxley and Schnipp like this.
  15. That is true. Im gonna have to test somewhere like Imola to see if it becomes open over kerbs... tho harder to do with the stock suspension.

With that said, IRL the Torsen unit most definitely doesnt push off throttle, its very similar to an open diff in that regard, balance-wise. Unlike a clutch-pack for example (like the RX-7 diffs, which is a popular swap). The Torsen however doesnt "lock" (semantics) as fast, so not as good for higher powered cars. Its a much smoother unit. One type does have preload in it, so quite a bit more similar to a clutch-pack. Not used in the Miata tho.

As for the power question... Im thinking its more torque that is the issue. At higher revs it doesnt seem too bad, but lower frankly nobody's home. The car is really gutless IRL there, but not THAT bad. And it would explain why it struggles with inclines so much... it really should hold its speed better.

Oh and yeah, we can get way too much front camber in the setup :p

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

787B is indeed surprisingly easy to catch on oversteer. For the sound, imo it's absolutely great.. I was a bit worried because the mod had spot on sound, but IMO this doesn't lose one bit. Absolutely love this car (more than the RSR tbh :D) no ABS, manual shift, lots of power but not too much on rails, and the sound just puts a grin on my face. The suspension sound being the same as in Praga and SCG003 is quite noticeable, but I still like the fact that I can hear the suspension. And after all, I have no clue if they even should sound much different

By the way, the liveries by Patrik are already in RD, must-have: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-787b-liverypack.14497/

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I had a little play with the 787B at Nords was good fun even with some AI traffic, the pit app and config is well done plus easily usable incar which is the most important thing.

The only thing that would IMHO make it better is if pressures could be adjustable +- of your current incar pressures rather then being the defaults. Unless you set this up to match your current pressures in pits then you really dont know what the numbers mean relative to what your current incar pressures. If you want to raise left rear 1psi for example you need to remember your start pressure otherwise its mostly a guess and the full numbers just dont mean much to you.

WallyM, Schnipp, Topuz and 2 others like this.
  18. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

For me, there is much to learn until I will be competitible with 787. Just run Silverstone GP, and there was no problem to catch AI Mazda's with 962C or C9 doing easily low 1:57 with both, but then I took a seat in 787 and hardly break 2 minutes mark. It have so much potential in the corners just like nowadays prototypes, which I must somehow unleash. Anyway it's sad that AI can't drive fast enough in Porsches and also their C9's using full turbo only in qualification.

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'm probably the only one who drove just the Miata yesterday. Nordschleife, Magione, Mugello, Nurburgring, had a blast everywhere (could use some more powah on the 'Ring tho :p). Very fun car, good for close racing and improving driving skills. Once you make a mistake even a little one, you have to chase forever.

shaolin-g and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

how do you drive the 787b? its pretty hard to go fast .
    last night i only managed to do 2:20 at spa while other guys did like 2:11
    anything iam missing? do i need to adjust turbo ? is it all about the setup with this car?