1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC v1.13 update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nigave, Mar 22, 2017.

1. So what is it supposed to be, open-diff or torsen? Seems like an LSD to me though :S

2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I thought the base model was open diff but apparently there was an option for LSD. From wikipedia:

Ace Pumpkin and garyjpaterson like this.
  3. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

What a wonderful update. The 787B sounds incredible, though, its a fair bit slower than the C9 Mercedes, 690 vs 900+hp at full boost on the C9. I remember though, the 787B was my favorite race car in gran turismo 3, and then the black 787B (remember those) was my favorite in Gran Turismo 4. Can't wait to try it at Laguna Seca when that gets released. Excited to try that uber sexy 911RSR. I do gotta say I'd love to see the lines a bit better, so maybe mr Hornbuckle can make some different colors happen on that thing so I can see better, black hides the lines too much! Thanks Kunos! So good! Also, the MX-5 Miata was one of my 3 choice cars when picking my starting vehicle in GT3 :D

4. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

It needs the stage 3 turbo upgrade, port and polish, race exhaust, race chip, stage 3 weight reduction, race suspension and race transmission and super soft race tires from GT3!!! #MakeMiataGreatAgain

5. Yohnny240

Yohnny240 Hardcore Simmer

We probably have that version, atleast there doesn't seem to be any one tire fire happening.

Sure is fun little car. :D

6. Guys, the Viscous was for the 1.6 models... It was pretty bad as well, couldn't handle track work at all, would overheat and stop locking, until it basically shred itself to bits. It's also kinda pushy off-throttle. 1.8 cars like what we have here got the Torsen diff, no preload so it behaves open off throttle, but also becomes open in very low ( or no) grip conditions. Not a huge deal, especially at that power. Balance with it tho is pretty damn good.

For me the in game car feels like it has the former... It's pushy off-throttle. It certainly isn't open tho, that's for sure. Even at that power one tyre fire is easy to get, and in game the car rotates and slides in a very linear way on power. Just off-throttle feels bad. Feels like the car is down on power at lower revs too, it's not that dreadful IRL... especially the inclines, even in the power band.

Yohnny240 likes this.
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Will pit crew animation also be possible in VR-cockpit view again? Please!

ears1991, mms and kofotsjanne like this.
  8. Is a thin layer of gold paint over the carbon fiber body bright enough?
    [​IMG]

9. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

We're think about that. Probably next big update. :)

P Gora, Dookie, Tberg and 8 others like this.
  10. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

so how do i make pit stops compulsory for the AI? thanks for the update btw.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The pitstop app is the best. I can just do everything from the g27 dpad in my practice sessions. Together with the tyres app that tells me pressure problems I can easily fix by pitting next lap.

Although there's a problem, the pitstop doesn't work if I only change tyre pressures, does it have to be by changing tyre as well? It should let me change only pressures.

12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

The 787B is actually rather nice. I never liked that category of cars at all until I tried the 962. So I never drove the mod and had a fresh experience. It drives very fair, but I guess it´ll be some work to make it actually fast. The sounds are epic though, in external it gives pre-turbo F1 cars a run for their money.

RSR. Love it. Very sturdy to drive with all that grip, forgives way more than the GT3 R does. First lap around the VLN track (Endurance Cup Nords) was a 8:09 with only the transmission changed. Also love the look, the wide body with the matte black parts and that crazy rear bumper replacing diffusor.

Edit: Almost forgot the most important part, a huge thank you once more to the team of Kunos Simulazioni! Well done!

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Wouldnt a driver that want different tyre pressures in real life just go for new tyres with that pressure instead of letting them lower/raise the pressures in the tyres on the car?

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

In real life, surely you'd change tyres to change pressures? I've ever seen a pit crew bleed a little air out of a tyre :)

15. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Good work guys, true to form AC gets better each update.

The 787B was sublime and it still is :cool:

Spot on.

16. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

True, although I'm not sure if Torsen diff is supported by the game yet? Would explain why it feels different if it's running clutch-type LSD at the moment.

17. Would it not be possible to simulate one by having no preload and no coast lock ?

18. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Wowzer!!! Please do a color pack and upload good sir!!! So sexy! Also, we both like deep purple. What about deep purple carbon fiber?!:eek:;)

Also a seriously question for the community in general, what gives with the sound of the RSR? It doesn't sound as good as the cup cars to my ear, it kinda has that, been limited blat sound almost of a lot of gt3 cars. Could just be me? But love the way it looks and feels just wish the sound was more angry.

Also I want to ask a general question about engines and tuning them/whats possible, where would be a good place to ask that? I could ask it here but I'd like to follow what I preach and not derail topics.

19. Of course. I will upload something to RD later tonight or tomorrow, but I can't wait to see it with racing liveries.
    [​IMG]

Vel, Epistolarius, ElPueblo and 3 others like this.
  20. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Yours two paint job are lovely, looking forward your skins on RD ;). Thanks for them.

May I suggest some white and light blue (single colour too or even mixed as the usual two racing stripes).