1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

It really depends what you are trying to do. ARC can look at server results files. This collects limited** information about sessions, populates session history, leaderboards and can be used on the leagues page.

** Server results won't have fuel, accidents etc and won't be able to link drivers to players, but does automatically record penalties. It won't generate circuit records or usage stats.

You could share the server results files, so everyone can see the race results and maintain their own copy of the league table. The way I would do it it to have the server results folder ( <Steam folder>\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server\server\results) on OneDrive (or Google drive or one of the other cloud drives) on the server end and share that folder to your sim group. Then each member of the group

For more information, bring up the help (F1) and go to Settings Page->Folders->ACC Server Results Folder

Another thing you could do is share a master database. One user/PC monitors the server results folder and all others look at a mirrored copy of the ARC Database (here the ARC Folder would be on OneDrive). This is a slightly bodged configuration though and you would need to ensure that no one else is recording ACC sessions or it will mess up the database (this configuration is really designed around viewing your own ARC recordings on a 2nd PC that doesn't have ACC installed)

2. Thanks Doug. I have passed this information onto the group admin who’s going to follow up.

3. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

Hi @Doug Duthie,

I'm back in ACC after a big break. So, I updated ACC Result Companion to last version. But after doing that, ACC Result Companion is not starting anymore. Every time I launch it, I have this message:

upload_2023-1-29_15-57-25.png

It is refering to your personal path on Onedrive.
    Any idea on what happened ? Do you have an idea to fix it ?

Regards,

Niko

4. Doug Duthie

Hi Niko,
    Im away for the next couple of weeks and don’t have access to the code at the moment.

If you’re not on the latest version, try upgrading to that. If the latest version gives you issues, try going back to an older version if you have one.

Also, try renaming the json files in the ACCResults folder. That will force it to go back to default settings in case there is an issue there. Also try renaming the Backups folder.

Don’t worry about my folder locations - those are just paths baked into the debug file at compile time for information only

5. Doug Duthie

So, somehow I’ve managed to get wifi in the rain forest (!) and I can see the source code now. Unfortunately there is a bug in the error handling - any error on the backups page will crash ARC so I need to fix that.

It appears to be having issues reading files in your backups folder. Rename the ACCResults\Backups folder and restart ARC and hopefully that should get you further

6. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

Hi,

I renamed the backup folder and it is working fine now. Thanks !

Doug Duthie likes this.
  7. Doug Duthie

Niko31 and kamkie like this.
  8. Doug Duthie

Niko31 likes this.
  9. Doug Duthie

10. czlxst

czlxst Rookie

Hi,
    Is there a tip for saved session for offline Race?
    When i load a savegame several times, there are later more then one results.
    Only the last one ist finished, but als Race Position "0" and without Points in Championship.

11. Doug Duthie

As Run DMC once said, it's tricky.

I tried to find a good solution to this a long time ago, but ultimately I gave up. ACC doesn't provide any link for saved and resumed races and building some fuzzy logic to stitch partial sessions together was ultimately too much of a pain (a saved game could be retried multiple times, so which one to match etc).

The last session should give positions (Ah - wait a minute...I recalculate positions based on time across the finish line from the original start time. If I don't have the start time, then that may not work). Points in the session screen come directly from ACC. If you are talking about the League page, then these do use the final positions....if these are zero, then points can't be calculated.

Can you export the diagnostics (instructions at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) and I'll have a look at the final points issue. Also let me know the sessions that are part of the entire race.

It would also help if you could locate the backup files associated with the sessions. Go to <Documents>\ACCResults\Backup\Results and <Documents>\ACCResults\Backup\Results\Config - the Backups page in ARC should help you find the filenames associated with the sessions

czlxst likes this.
  12. czlxst

czlxst Rookie

Hi,
    thanks for the help.
    There are the files, it's the Suzuka Race.

Attached Files:

13. Doug Duthie

It looks as though the positions for partial saved games aren't being calculated correctly when the session comes purely from UDP. A quick workaround is to force the session to be re-generated. In order to do this, delete the session, replay the backup (you should now have a session position) and then add back the session to the championship.

[​IMG]

(If you can't see the gif, the direct link is https://i.imgur.com/oTEpHZu.gif)

Note, replaying backups takes several seconds and you will need to refresh the session screen (press the Clear button after 5 or 10 secconds). You should see the suzuka session re-appear and note the Position column in the sessions area (top list box) should now be non-zero.

A quick explanation about how sessions are stored. For SP races, ARC takes the results from ACC's UDP interface and combines it with the results file generated at the end of the race to get as much info as possible. If no results file is found (as looks to be the case for you), only the UDP information is used. ACC only writes the results files (this includes extra information such as opponents nationality and fuel) the the session is fully finished (when to see the Press ESC to exit message). If you exit before this, then you don't get a results file. I'd suggest you wait for this to get the benefit of all the information.

In the meantime, I'll investigate why positions aren't calculated when only UDP is available. It looks ok when you run a full session, so I'll play around with Saved/Resumed races.

Also, at the moment, ARC can't stitch together the parts of a saved/resumed race so for leagues, it won't be able to assign points for pole position or for 1/4 and 1/2 race distance (24 hour races only??)

czlxst likes this.
  14. Doug Duthie

I've just had a quick go at reproducing this - the last resumed savegame session always gives a position of 0 and doesn't look to be pulling in the results file. I'll have to do further investigation on what is happening.

On other news, I've had some thoughts of how to stitch together the different savegame sessions - I'll see if I can work on that after the next update. I've also noticed that the Leaderboard widget doesn't work with saved game sessions - I'll see if I can do anything with that to

czlxst likes this.
  15. Doug Duthie

16. Doug Duthie

Quick poll:

Does anyone use ACC Results Companion from 2 different PCs to connect to the same database (ie one PC is where ACC is played, another PC just to monitor results)?

Note. I'm not talking about the scenario where the DB is mirrored using cloud file shared (OneDrive, Google Drive etc).

I'm looking at implementing a different DB journaling which should improve reads being locked out, but this will have an impact on the above scenario.

17. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.17.7 Released (here)

Overview
    A couple of new things with a sprinkling of fixes

Support for Database Write Ahead Logging (WAL)
    The behaviour of ARC is to a large degree determined by the database it uses (SQLite). The default mode means that reads and writes can't happen at the same time. This can mean that screen updates can either take a long time, or freeze completely on large updates (at end of sessions or updating the leaderboard). It also makes it prone to deadlocks causing some operations to fail (due to the order of workflow, writing accidents when the session summary pop-up is a key example).

Write Ahead Logging addresses this where writes occur to a separate transaction log rather than to the main database. This means that reads and writes can work concurrently. In theory, database performance should be increased

To activate, select Use DB Write Ahead Logging in settings. The database will be converted at the next restart. You should notice the UI should be a bit more responsive (especially on startup if you use the ARC leaderboard, and on session completion).
    [​IMG]

There are however some downsides:
    • There is a reduced durability. There is the possibility of data loss during power loss or hard reboot while in a write transaction
    • WAL will not work over a network file system. If you use 2 copies of ARC - one of the ACC computer and one on another computer (pointing at the share for the database) to monitor results, then WAL is not for you
      • A caveat is that it may work if the ARC folder is mirrored via a cloud drive software (OneDrive, GoogleDrive etc) as this is a copy, rather than the same database
    • The database now has 3 files (ACCResults.DB, ACCResults.DB-wal and ACCResults.DB-shm) - all these should be backed up
    • For full technical details see https://www.sqlite.org/wal.html

If you try WAL and you change your mind, you can switch back at any time.

Splitter for Fuel Page
    A vertical splitter has been added between the session and manual calculation panes so you can resize according to your preferences.
    [​IMG]

Splitter for Sessions Page
    A splitter has been on the sessions page for quite a while now, but it will now remember your previous settings. The very first time you use this, the session list may be squashed up. Resize it by using the splitter between the sessions and the laps and re-size accordingly. It should then remember your preferences.
    [​IMG]

Single Player Resumed Saved Games
    There was an issue where the final session in a resumed saved game race was not processed correctly (the ACC results file is missing some information). Now on saved game completion, it will take information solely from the ACC Results file to give you the full race results. Note, there won't be any information taken from UDP so things like tyre pressures and damage etc will not be recorded.

Other Things
    • Updated ACC version numbers/dates for circuits/leaderboards
    • Export diagnostics dialog supports dark mode
    • Fix exception in fuel pages where there are no laps to analyse

Finally
    Thanks again to everyone who have donated - I really appreciate it

Niko31 likes this.
  18. Doug Duthie

This should be addressed in 1.17.7

czlxst likes this.
  19. czlxst

czlxst Rookie

This sounds nice.
    I will check it.
    Thanks.

20. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.17.9 Released (here)

Overview
    A couple of new things with a sprinkling of fixes. Note, if you were an early bird and managed to download 1.17.8, this has been replaced by 1.17.9. The former had a bug when new installs would throw a lot of errors on the first run.

Tab pages

There have been a bunch of fixes here. Hiding tab pages would give weird results (some pages would hide and after hiding others, the incorrect page would display).

[​IMG]

In addition, you now have the option to re-order the pages (drag the buttons to the order you want)
    [​IMG]

Event re-factor - server results refresh
    All the program events have been re-factored as it was becoming too muddled and in some cases events were being lost, or fired too many times. One thing that should be fixed from this is the sessions page should automatically refresh now after loading server results files.

Penalties for Leagues
    If you add post race penalties, the adjusted positions should now be reflected in Leagues

Teams Dialog
    Works better in Dark Mode

Finally
    Thanks again to all who have donated - I really appreciate it

Niko31 likes this.