1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Accuforce pro edition ffb wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cookie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

Here is the comment of the guy drifting on this video and interesting conversation with another guy who has T500.

7he4Ce, Leemstradamus and Tim Meuris like this.
  2. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Suddenly the CSW 2 doesn't seem as the "must have thing" as it did a couple of month ago :D

Downside with the AF - It's so bloody heavy :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Mogster and Leemstradamus like this.
  3. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

:) That's a fair rehash of our convesation on this thread. I think what you might find even more interesting is my quote from David Tucker couple of pages back:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ro-edition-ffb-wheel.19771/page-5#post-369141

Where he explains how the AF wheel has the ability to receive raw FFB data. We can only hope that AC devs can expose similar functionality to those of us with higher end wheels. Otherwise, what's the point of dropping thousands on a wheel that would make the sim feel worse because it's not designed for them?

4. some1pl

some1pl Alien

And 2 or 3 times as expensive... it's not exactly in the same league as Fanatec.

Interesting read, but I prefer the situation when the FFB works fine for 99% of users, not the other way around like in iRacing. ;)

5. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I also read it !

But !

I really can't take a iRacing fanboy seriously :D

Not only is it that much more expensive but most people probably have to upgrade their whole rig to handle the AF because of it's weight :p

6. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

I see, so I'm a fanboy now...

[​IMG]

Tim Meuris likes this.
  7. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I must have mixed it up cause I ment the "Accuforce guy" comments in the other post above :D

Gotta LOVE Seinfeld ! :p

8. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

Those are my comments from the iRacing forum. I've said the same here though, and even tried to talk to the devs about it, but have been ignored by them. I'm sure they're well aware of it and would prefer to sugar coat their sim since most people won't have high end equipment. It's a bit like console developers who develop their racing games around players who use a gamepad. Perfectly reasonable, just a shame for those few of us who want to extract every last ounce. The advantage of the AF wheel than any other current DD wheel is the SC which let's us do that.

7he4Ce, Dean Ogurek and Leemstradamus like this.
  9. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

10. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

OK then - I take back my last comment :D

If the iRacing FFB ( +Physics ) is light years ahead of Assetto Corsa then I am Batman :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

As long as the sim commander software allows me to overcome this hurdle than I see no big deal with them leaving the force feedback how it is. The amount of people who have these DD wheels is even smaller than people who by i7 8 core processors to game with. I would believe that the people developing opensim wheel will come up with a solution soon :D.

7he4Ce and Tim Meuris like this.
  12. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Well if the 8 cores would help in gaming then more gamers would choose them. On the other hand, servo wheels are promising to deliver a way better sim-driving experience (even though they need some considerable fine tuning and probably improvements in software), so some of us opted for them.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Direct Drive Master Race :p

[​IMG]

7he4Ce and Leemstradamus like this.
  14. Leemstradamus

True, I was getting at the price of entry and how that relates to kunos use of its limited resources.

Akis Kev likes this.
  15. @masterianvii , @Leemstradamus , @Steffen Lauge Sørensen

At first I'm sorry I couldn't make the video earlier. Weather was too nice not to play outside with my daughter.

I've seen a lot of disinformation in this thread also regarding AC's FFB, I did this video to get some proves and not just talking. So here it comes, uncut, unedited footage.

With this video I'm 100% sure I can bust some myths about "numb, dead and non-detailed ffb" and also show how the kerbs feels without any "canned effects" and how the FFB reacts to the shape of the kerb or to the speed differences. Not hyping some sims/wheels or talking bullsh*t. Only facts.

There's also some driving with the M3 E92 using OpenSimWheel. You can also hear how noise levels of the OSW.

Ps. Give Youtube the time it takes to process the video. I had to go to sleep now. Good night.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    The Moog, Tim Meuris, 7he4Ce and 4 others like this.
  16. Leemstradamus

Thanks for posting it. I'll check it out when it gets done processing .

17. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Very nice and detailed vid!!
    High damper settings remove the oscillations but give a (horrible) dead feel to the wheel. At least that's how I feel it..

Instead of high damper, I suggest (well to be precise,@magicfr suggested it and it worked very nicely) to
    remove the damper from the driver and add 1% friction. Helps with the oscillations and the wheel is still 100% fast & alive.

My settings (VSD set at 11 amps)
    mmos_akis.jpg

ac_akis.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  18. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

Thanks for the videos guys. I will try with equivalent settings with the AF tonight. I now see you guys are running 50% and 20% gain. The lowest I tried was 70, so will give this another shot without SC.

Dean Ogurek and Leemstradamus like this.
  19. Leemstradamus

Thanks for the great video and all the info.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Good video :) at first thought it was a bit weird, but then kept watching and was informative enough.