1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Accuforce pro edition ffb wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cookie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Berney said that they are currently testing a new feature in the SC software called Dynamic Oscillation Control that will reduce the need for Dampening with the AF.

Tim Meuris and Leemstradamus like this.
  2. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

@masterianvii
    You are not the only one with feelings like this.

This is quote from another forum.

In my opinion wheels as sensitive as AF can easier show deficiences of FFB output of any game.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  3. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

Haha, that's actually what I wrote, so maybe I am the only one with such a feeling. I'll let other beta testers give their opinions, and I'm sure that when some of you guys get this wheel you will relate.

I did some practice drifting, and here is my assessment so far:

1. AC FFB settings: 70% gain, 5% damper, wheel oscillates like crazy, making it impossible to recover from a drift since wheel overreacts.
    2. AC FFB settings: 70% gain, 50% damper, wheel doesn't oscillate, but the wheel no longer unwinds by itself when the aligning torque forces it after going into a slide. This makes catching the drift more difficult, and requires you as a driver to counter steer the wheel. The wheel become too dampened in order to eliminate the oscillation. Some other weird thing happens is that when a motion beyond the dampening registers, the wheel just unlocks form the dampening and flies in the intended direction. This makes it very odd to drive.
    3. SC FFB settings: 70% intensity, 30% fluid damper, wheel doesn't oscillate that much, and still recovers from drift. However its artificially heavy.
    4. SC FFB settings: 70% intensity, 0% fluid damper, wheel reacts great, but makes it difficult to recover from a slide as it oscillates when it overreacts. You have to catch the wheel at the right time to prevent oscillation.

Overall SC FFB settings are much better for drifting because you have finer control over how the wheel is dampened, but will have to wait for Berney's dynamic oscillation fix to make it trouble free.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  4. You watched videos from the early days. These days I'm using totally different settings, software and firmware. :)

(For example on the DTM video I had crancked up FFB strenght (20Nm) with almost non-existant damping)

Maybe I should do a new video with proper settings some day.

So currently my ffb settings are:

From the driver:
    Force: 100%
    Damper: 50%

In-game:
    Gain: 50%
    Damper: 50%
    Minimum force: 2%
    Canned effects: 0%

Setup screen depending on the car:
    Force: 80 - 130
    Damper: 50 - 150

Just tried MP4 12C GT3 at Spa and I got all the bumps, kerbs and textures through the wheel. Inner kerb gives you more like a bump and outer kerbs gets you rumble which changes with the speed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  5. The Moog

The Moog Racer

I would certainly be interested to see a comparison video of where OpenSimWheel is with the current software in AC.

6. Which car especially you want to see? At weekend I propably can do some kind of video.

7. TTC2008

TTC2008 Rookie

I just ordered. Now I have to sell all my other things lol.

8. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

Ok, I will try those settings. Which car and track should we use as a basis for our tests? I'm ok with the Macca @ Spa. Have you tried the Drift M3 at the drift park? I would like to hear how the OSW works in that scenario with all of the dampening. They are two very different scenarios.

I can make videos as well. Would be neat to compare notes.

9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

The OSW looks stunning, I am also sure i will be over the moon with my Accuforce! Loving the new high end hardware that is becoming available.

10. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Ordered :D

Now I just hope some miracle happens and it arrives next month

Almost gave myself a surprise present..... Trying to hurry I almost ordered a Stage 3 kit too...

Edit: regarding the OSW - I almost went that route ... but for once I want something that was ready to go.. no need to tinker, find parts, half-*** this and that.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, that and the fact that the gents at SimXperience did a lot of research and testing to match the components, dial in the software and stand behind the product is worth a lot.

There are some new reviews from the Beta- testers on the iRacing forums that are great reads as well. Very impressive results with the AF.

12. Leemstradamus

I so want mine! Damn second batch status sucks!

13. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

Here is a quote from another forum from Berney Villers, the creator of SimeXperience Accuforce wheel.

So jus as @masterianvii was pointing out. This wheel (and maybe any DD wheel) wheel can highlight terrible FFB of any game. And this software was created just to cover this bad FFB.

14. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

No offense but Berney seems to have axe to grind with anything not iRacing.

If he really wanted to expand his business he could have sent a test unit of accuforce wheel to ISI, Kunos, Project Cars team etc....not just iRacing headquarters.

Why not spend some time and read this article written by Leo Bodnar, someone who has been building high wheels way before Berney even knew what a servo motor is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17548791/FFBdontwork.pdf

15. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

It seems that owners of other Direct Drive (Servo) wheels also have problems with AC and RRRE.
    DD wheels just seem to highlight bad FFB directly for a game.

Quote from other forum.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think that it's true that most titles don't have FFB that is designed to take advantage of the capabilities of DD wheels. iRacing happens to have some of the most die-hard race-sim fanatics on the planet, the same people that are most likely to be in the DD market. It makes total sense that Leo and Berney, as well as the OSW program have close ties with iRacing.

Regarding the AF and AC, Berney stated that he has attempted to contact Kunos so that they could work together on FFB but, he never received any replies. It certainly appears that the SC software is quite effective at enhancing the FFB with older titles. I think once the AF is proven in more circles, developers will take note and make adjustments. The same is true for the SC software; once more people are using the wheel with various titles and more feedback is provided, support will improve. The current standard API for effective FFB using low to mid-level wheels leaves much to be desired. DD wheels highlight that fact.

Berney seems like a no-nonsense guy and he says what he thinks, of course that rubs some people the wrong way but, you cannot deny that the market is ready for more DD wheels. SimXperience is bringing a great product to market at less than half the cost of the Bodnar wheel. That's no small feat and the market seems to be responding very well so far.

17. Leemstradamus

It all makes sense to me. The games aren't even tested with DD wheels so how would they be able to code for them if they don't even have them?

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I was just reading some more feedback from AF Beta-testers and several of them are getting best results using the SC4 FFB in place of the iRacing FFB.

One of the experienced DIY OSW guys that tried the AF says that it's FFB is a level above the current OSW FFB and the "tweakability" of the AF is on another planet.

Perhaps the OSW path will provide similar results over time. Either way, once you go Direct-drive, nothing else will compare.

All of the testers say that they have never felt so connected to the car, and that they feel like they have an unfair advantage over non-DD racers. Now we just need a way to keep the aliens from getting these wheels!:)

19. I doubt OSW ffb never gets as good or customizable as AF but the main thing is that you get pretty much similar results and more power with half the money when compared to AF.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  20. some1pl

some1pl Alien

"feel like they have" and actually having it, are two different things. ;)

Not denying that AF wheel is a very cool piece if kit (and software) and I'm happy something like this came out.