1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Accuforce pro edition ffb wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cookie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I read that too. Sad face :( for having to wait for my wheel lol!

2. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

I still think they could have come up with a better design for the buttons. Even just a better finish around the buttons would have helped. The wheel can be easily replaced so that isn't a problem really. Instead you are looking at spending quite a bit extra of a custom made wheel but I guess if you can spend that much money on a wheel you can spend a bit more on a custom made wheel. With the only slightly lower price of the diy version it doesn't make much sense to buy that version without a button box and wheel.

True some real race car wheels are ugly but that doesn't mean our sim racing wheels have to be ugly as well. Just look at some of the stunning pedal designs we have from hpp and mpcc.

If I was looking to upgrade my current wheel I would go for this if there were some readily available wheel options which at least looked half decent.

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I like things to be aesthetically pleasing but, it's really about the performance and durability of the wheel first.

Tim Meuris and Leemstradamus like this.
  4. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

If you can afford to buy this wheel, then you can afford to donate (at least 10% of its price) to church/starving kids/homeless people. Whatever moves your heart even a little, if you have one...

And before you judge me, yes I did give a donation when I bought my T500RS, which is only 1/4 of the price of this wheel. Because it's a luxury item, not something that my life depends on it.

While we cry about not good enough FFB force in our wheels or not having a load cell brake on our pedal sets, other people get gunned down daily or die of starvation in other parts of this world. Our world.

I know I'm not a good enough human being, but every time I remember about this I try to be at least a little better...

P.S. Let's see how many people will hate me for what I just said.

5. The Moog

The Moog Racer

And how do you know they don't, or infact do much more? And why are you judging them for being able to afford it?

Aqib likes this.
  6. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I'm not judging anyone, I'm saying what it should be the right thing to do. If they do it, good for them if they don't, they have a conscience, we all do, sooner or later it will light up the bulb. Preferably sooner than later.

Anyone else with excuses and defensive measures? Let's see... I did said this:
    1 down, 1 billion to go...

7. The Moog

The Moog Racer

I merely asked a couple of questions, if you see hate in them so be it, none was intended.

Not explicitly, but it was certainly implicit in your response:

If you have one?

Of course this is a luxury item, of course your life doesn't depend on it, no-one is disagreeing with you. Does it mean that it shouldn't exist and that people should buy it?

8. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Having a heart means more than just having the organ...

I'm not even gonna try to explain that.

9. The Moog

The Moog Racer

Yes, I understood the first time, sorry if that wasn't clear. No explanation required.

The comment you made seemed to suggest that those who might think of buying this might not have a heart (not the organ). That seems a fairly harsh judgement to me.

10. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Not harsh at all, actually. Do you really think all the wealthy and rich people in this world care about the less fortunate? I hope you don't think that, because it's silly to think that...

Actually I'm pretty sure that the percentage of them that give a damn about the rest are about 10-20% the most. I'm not rich by any standards, but I try to give when I can. How many can say they do the same...

Again, I'm just raising a question for each and everyone's conscience, but you don't have to answer this to me at all... give that answer to yourselves.

11. Flinty72

Flinty72 Gamer

Seriously, let's get back on topic please.

12. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

After a hiatus of about 3 years from playing racing sims, or any gaming for that matter I'm now finding some time to be able to enjoy it again.

Hardware certainly has moved on quite a bit, and its great to see a resurgence in sim racing.

The trusty ole playseat and g25 are showing their age, bit like me so I'm in the process of speccing out a new rig.

Initially the csw v2 was on my shortlist but thats pretty much out the window now the accuforce has had a couple of glowing reviews.

I'd love to have the time to source and build an osw but that's simply not an option.
    Only thing I'm not a fan of is the stock rim but the momo 30 option looks tasty!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I already give 20% in the form of taxes on the product.
    What the government does with it is up to them.

@Dean: really eager for a review mate!;)

ir Sindaco and Leemstradamus like this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Whether we "have one" or not I really don't think this is the place for this sort of discussion...

15. Leemstradamus

The pro version is the best option. You get the AF rim with it. Where as for the momo edition you don't. What I'm saying is your going to end up paying about the same for the momo edition but only have one rim. The rim that comes with the pro version can be easily removed.

16. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Yeh I'm not sure what kind of deal they've struck with momo but by the time you factor in import duty its just as cheap to pick up a momo rim from a uk or european source and end up with two rims.

17. masterianvii

masterianvii Gamer

If I had to choose, I would actually prefer the wheel that comes with the Pro. Mostly because in the spokes of the wheel, the suede isn't a separate patch, but rather the wheel is stitched in one continuous patch all around. This is great, because your gingers won't catch, or feel any of the seams in the 9-3 o'clock positions. Also, seems like only one of the MOMO wheels will let you have the horn button, as the other two don't seem to have a hole in the middle. Unless you really want to spend all the money for the brand name of course, which is perfectly reasonable in our unreasonable hobby. :p

Btw, I'm pretty sure the Pro wheel is a genuine steering wheel made by a company which makes race car wheels in the USA. This one looks like its the same one:

18. Rayrush

Rayrush Gamer

so, the momo versions won't have any buttons?

19. Leemstradamus

It uses the same button box as the non momo one. As far as I can tell.

Rayrush likes this.
  20. The Moog

The Moog Racer

The Momo one uses the same button box, but doesn't have the 'horn' in the wheel centre (due to the design of the wheel itself).

I asked about the differences between the Pro and the Momo, and the wheel that comes with it is the only one. I ended up ordering the Pro (as the Momo will not be available for several months) and buying the Momo mod 30 wheel separately. It looks pretty easy to swap the wheels.