1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Adding a motion seat for more immersion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by McClusky, Oct 31, 2016.

1. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

The more seat time I get the better it feels. I find myself liking tracks that I never really liked before because now I'm really feeling the track(s) - all of the bumps, curbs and such. Same with some cars, in the past I could never keep the Lotus 49 underneath me (I'd keep loosing it) but now I'm having a blast driving it (I guess because I can feel things I never felt before).

Very interesting. Looking at the video I wonder how much they feel, like the guy on the track I know in the G-Seat I could feel up to 40lbs of pressure when cornering and you would see me being "bounced" because of the bumps and g-forces and me fighting to keep still so if he was feeling any of what I said I would think you'd "see it" on him instead of him just leaning. Same on the roller coaster, you've seen videos of how people are holding on for dear life due to the crazy forces but I don't see her "feeling" that. I'm definitely not being a naysayer as I love new technology but I want to know what they really feel.

Thanks for sharing, this could be the next game changer.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Cool, but a set of fancy headphones will NEVER replace a true motion rig.

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

How can you be so assertive?

4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

You might be right but if it's a device that's built to trick your inner ear directly, the effect may be far greater than a vid can show. Or not... Really have to experience this myself first to believe it, a bit like vr

5. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Would you really be willing to give up your Surface details and your Surge bumps when shifting....nothing will replace those Sharp Ultra fast sensation's that are very much realistic when you compare to real deal.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Why do you assume you can't add or keep the simvibe setup?

7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Tactile is no replacement for motion surface detail imo.

8. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

^ True, it isn't a replacement but it gives people another option to enhance their sim racing.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

The gear you re referring to what pricepoint are we talking then? Even if its diy its gonna cost bigtime, no?

10. All wobble rigs I tried were a fraction late on what was happening and thus were useless and confusing.

Not that being wobbled around is any useful to begin with.

11. stevemontuno

stevemontuno Gamer

I was looking at getting the Geko G-seat at one point because i never thought i'd be able to pull off building my own DIY motion rig , Then i had my eye on the T-1000 from prosimu ,,,,but after working shipping prices out including the rigs it started to look pretty hefty on the wallet ,,,

So i pretty much did what Nick has described and after reading a bunch of build threads went the DIY route adding Dave's desk racer style 2dof seat mover onto my rig for a fraction of the cost ,,best move ever,, I can now feel every road bump , all gear changes ,the force of exceleration & deceleration,,and also feel the different angle of elevation on the track,,and not forgetting the amazing feeling of weightlessness as your flying over some of those jumps in the odd rally game ,,it's pretty mind boggling really,,haha

Nick Moxley and McClusky like this.
  12. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

I am not arguing but your time does cost "something" and this is an undeniable truth. It's like the show Wheeler Dealers, they restore a car and sell it and then they list what the car cost along with the parts and how much they made but they never add in the labor. I'm sure you still would be under the price of a pre-built motion seat after adding all of the research time, labor and troubleshooting but it is something to consider when going the DIY route.

Anyway congrats on the motion seat, they sure do enhance sim racing.

13. stevemontuno

stevemontuno Gamer

That's true i have put a heck of a lot of hours into building it ,, enjoyable ones mind ,,,,but yes if time is an issue then DIY is a no go.. ,,,

Although when i'm building my own rig i work for Free & just charge myself for parts,,,lol :D

McClusky likes this.
  14. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

I sure do get it and I know how good it feels to build something, especially when it works (lol).

stevemontuno likes this.
  15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

http://www.gekosystems.com/en/products.html

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the footed (office seat) version? Is there some advantage to that compared to fixed bottom version? Wouldn't the chair rotate sideways in unwanted manner, while driving? Or is it's purpose to mount Buttkickers that have pole mounting?

Motion seat would be my absolute sim racing dream, but they are way too expensive. (And I don't have tools nor skills to build one, and very limited roomspace anyway). This is the only one I've seen that isn't ridiculous expensive (ok it is, but not impossible amounts) . ProSimu T1000 another interesting one but clearly more expensive.

With current VR being quite low resolution, not sure if VR is the way to go in adding immersion, before higher power GPUs and CV2. Having pixelated image kind of defeats the purpose IMO (adding immersion). Although I haven't tried CV1

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

OR cv1 is better than I thought. I had the opportunity to test it out. However atm i'll stick with my triples.
    I haven't bought the footed version but the other one. You can mount buttkickers inside the chair under the seating panel
    Never understood the reason of the footed version...

17. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

My thinking is the GS-105 was created at a time when people were using their desk as a sim rig, I know I did earlier in my “career”, anyway that’s just a guess. Not sure if it locks or not but you’d think it would (I went with the non-footed version).

The ProSimu T1000 looks good as long as your monitor(s) stand can straddle it. Are you looking at the T1000 2 motion for 1 990,00 €?

It sure would be nice to test drive these before the purchase

I gave Julien at Gekosystems the dimensions of my Buttkicker (BK4-4) and they put threaded inserts under the seat panel so all I had to do is bolt it in.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  18. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

Tim - in your opinion are triple screens better than CV1 or any VR atm? I want the immersion part of VR but I cannot stand low res graphics.

19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

well, I found it surprisingly good, but I couldn't justify buying triples 2 years ago and now going for an or cv1.
    I would have needed a new graphics card as well.
    I'm gonna give the gpu's some time to catchup for when the cv2 comes out

but: in the cockpit if the ingame wheel is dialed in at the same distance as the physical wheel
    the ingame body feels like your body! incredible
    also you start looking differently at corners, more like in a real car
    it felt surprisingly natural to me but i would have needed some more time to really get used to it

McClusky likes this.