1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Advice with new PC build

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by donShere, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ryzen stuff won’t run above 4000 max, memory latency is very important as well with AMD stuff, that 3600 c14 kit is among the best with a latency of 7.77ns, only thing I know that’s better is 4000c15 kit that gets you 7.5ns but hard to get and expensive

4200c17 you are at 8.1ns latency

2. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

What did your setup run you if you don't mind me asking?

I just built a similar setup myself with a 3070 Suprim X, but with intel i7 10700k.

3. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the tip @Slowheit but it's a done deal and put together last weekend. I was willing to pay more for very good rams and not having to put time and effort in OC them. Not planning to buy rams or any other costly parts any time soon too.

4. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Do you mean benchmarked in GPU topic?

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I would like to get a RTX 3070 too but here in Italy it costs 1300 to 1600 euros! Is it the same in the rest of the world?

6. SlowGrayAudi

No, i just got two from a local PC store in the last week. (USA)

20210215_103647.jpg

7. SlowGrayAudi

How much did it cost total? Did you get a good deal on parts?

8. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

In Belgium I payed 880€ for the RTX 3070 Aorus Master
    CPU 370€
    RAMs 360€ :eek:

9. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Try Alternate.be or .nl Also megekko.nl for instance. I think they ship tho Italy.

10. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

I also built a computer for simracing and my system has an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and I have got 3200Mhz CL16 Ram, GPU is a Radeon RX 5500XT 8GB (currently switching to RX6800). Regarding the ram I was curious how the speed would affect my setup with FullHD. Out of the box it runs with 2400Mhz and there are two XMP profiles one with 3000Mhz CL15 and one with 3200Mhz CL16 (which I use). I tested all 3 settings in FullHD and the FPS was the same all over the 3 settings. I tested with the settings from the GPU benchmark thead. I could have tested in 720p, but since FullHD is my daily setup I wanted to see what difference eventually I can get.

Attached Files:

11. SlowGrayAudi

Everything ive read you want 3600Mhz for ACC. Thats what i got for my build. Speed matters a lot in the tests ive seen.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, RAM seems to be very important in anything that’s CPU intensive which basically all sims are, ACC especially as it’s just newer and needs a lot in general. Have just ordered 4000Mhz C15 in prep for the next upgrade.

Wouldn’t want to go any lower then 3600 C16 though, ideally 2X 16GB or 4X 8GB to make it dual rank as well

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  13. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The computer store advised against buying RAM which isn't on the MB compatibility list because it might make the PC unstable. I've been stuck with 2133 RAM due to that :(
    I've bought faster memory now which I'll mount asap. It is listed to be compatible but is only 3200. (my gear is listed in the sig spoiler button)

14. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

My RAM also is not on the compatibility list of the Gigabyte Aorus B450i pro wifi, yet it runs perfectly fine with the XMP profile.

You all made me curious, I will order a 3600Mhz CL14 kit and test the various speeds to see what gains can be made.:)

chksix likes this.
  15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

3600 C14 would be good. 7.77ns latency which a is about as good as it gets. If it can be dual rank (4 single sided sticks or 2 double sided sticks) then even better

16. Schnemat

Schnemat Rookie

Hi guys

I've just built a similar gaming pc, mainly for ACC. I have a ryzen 5600x, a Gigabyte rtx 3070, 2 x 16GB HyperX 3200Mhz 16CL and a Gigabyte Aorus SSD Gen 2TB running on a ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Pro. Unfortunately sth is off...

While playing in free practice i've got > 100fps with absolute no stutters. But when I do races with AI I have terrible micro stutters every 3-15 seconds which completely kills the immersion. I figured out that when I reduce the number of AI opponents and/or the number of opponents visible the stutters are less until they completely disappear (roughly with 20 ai opponents and 12 opponents visible). Before this pc build a played on a Lenovo Y540 gaming notebook and i never had to reduce the numbers of opponents or their visibility. Sure, the fps was much lower, but it was smooth.

As far as i know the number of opponents and the number of opponents visible have an impact on the CPU usage. Do you guys with an r5600x and rtx 3070 have the same experience or can you run smoothly with 28 AI and all visible?

Thanks for your feedback!

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Try turning of SMT in the bios and see if that helps

18. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I have no problems and didn't turn off smt. Did you update your bios? Also unlock xmp in bios if you Haven't done it already. Another issue could be usi'g 1 pcie cable that splits into 2 8pins instead of using 2 separate 8pins from your psu.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  19. Schnemat

Schnemat Rookie

Thank you guys for your feedback, i have a bit of progress here ;) I went into the BIOS, loaded the optimized settings and switched smt off. Then started ACC and it was much smoother than ever before, even with 28 AI and all visible. I was super happy! Two hours later started my PC again, went into ACC and the stutters were back... I have nothing touched in between, absolutely same situation than before :( So I went again into the BIOS, did the same than this morning (loading optimized settings & switch off smt) and back to ACC and it was smooth again... I redid the same cycle one more time and it was reproducable. What i need to test now is, if it has to do with switching smt off or if it has to do with reseting the bios to the optimized settings. But it's still unclear to me how i can solve this whole thing, i mean going into the bios each and every time i want to play ACC can't be a solution. And why is it smoother the next startup after the bios reset, but stuttery after a restart of the pc without going into the bios?!?! This is very strange to me...

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You could try to disable HPET (High Precision Event Timer) in your device manager [right click on start button > device manager) > system devices > right click high precision event timer > disable driver]