1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI in 0.6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jan 31, 2014.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i think the more powerful class cars are when the AI are a bit suspect. it does seem a bit like chaos at the start, with their swerving and high torque!

Backmarker likes this.
  2. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

^^ (Shaddix) yes + BMW E30. As mentioned before, some of the "slower" AI cars behave really well, sometimes astonishingly well. Both polite and aggressive (when there's room). A few surprises here and there, but what would a race be without surprises, as long as it doesn't break the natural physical laws (too much) ;). Some obvious tuning still needed for certain corners on certain tracks, but I've been very pleased lately.

MsportDAN and Backmarker like this.
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

ive noticed from my absence and coming back to 6.2 that the ai manners are better alongside you now.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is the M3 e30 Group A Alien Challenge in 0.6.2 had some races at a faster pace that I didnt win after giving the leader too much of a gap. Needed to make a few aggressive passes here as I tried to stay in touch or hes gone, kind of surprised to make the move splitting 2 AI on the first lap though.

Kind of funny how the race before I came second with low 2:04's all race when he had a 2 sec gap without making any ground. As I got closer to the leader his pace dropped off a little as he drives a bit more defensive when your within a second almost panics knowing he doesn't have the pace to pull away any more.;)

Felice Pugliese likes this.
  5. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

You on Drugs ?

Mike1304, Backmarker and Horus like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

nohaycuchara, have you thought about taking that act on the stage? You really are a great comedian, or were you being serious. If you were being serious you need some serious psychological help.

P.S. RayHT, you bad me spit coffee at the screen well done. :)

7. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Sorry Horus , lol ............what a stupid statement to make though ! :(:(

8. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Scalectrix! I have been trying to find the best analogy and Scalectrix slot cars are how I best describe the AI. Great fun though. :D

9. The AI is annoying, sry to put it like that. Take the M3 GT2 and race against some M3GT2`s on Imola and you won`t make it through the first corner, simply because they won`t stop hitting you from behind, those bastards!!!! If you stay close to your frontman and brake at the same time as they do, keeping constant distance, doesn`t matter, they will f*** you from behind. And after 10 restarts (and not once through first corner) I have enough of that.

10. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

lol, then just back out for the first corner.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Backmarker and martcerv like this.
  11. Xez

Xez Simracer

If you have to back out of the first corner, then you're not really racing, are you?

12. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

It's called: Being cautious. Knowing where to stay out of trouble.

Backmarker likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If your a good enough driver you can deal with them in the middle of the pack. You need to hold a steady line and not come across anyone only change lanes when clear. If you go into the pack grojean style then you will also end your race at t1 like he used to.

If you do this 10 times in a row and dont learn from your mistake then nobody can help you. ;)

Nahkamarakatti, The Moose and Shaddix like this.
  14. AugGust

AugGust Racer

I agree. I don't know why these people are still defending the AI. It's okay i guess for such an early stage, but just rear-ending you blindly every single race start, how can people find this acceptable?

Don't get me wrong i don't think the AI is terrible. They know how to drive, they just need new glasses. Once they spread out over a couple of laps they can be fun to race against, but they still need LOTS of tweaking.

Providing temporary solutions is not helping in the development guys. It's just limiting AC's growth

15. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I don't defend the AI, you guys are right. But it's so often mentioned, there's no way Kunos don't know about this problem. Therefore, stop whining about it and for now either adapt to the situation or don't race against the AI.

To expand my previous post.
    To know your opponent and adapt to them and the given situation, THIS is racing. Always give as much as possible, as much as you trust your skill and your opponents. If it doesn't go well, it's either your fault for overestimating your or the opponents skill or the opponents for blindly driving into you or your line.
    The first corner situation is yours. Since you start from last place anyway, just be a bit more patient.

16. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Oh right talking about start, another issue is the automatic clutch system they use. People who use manual clutch will easily notice that the AI doesn't know how to launch properly, because of the automatic clutch. In full manual you can easily pass many many cars just simply because they launch so slowly, even in Alien mode

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. Xez

Xez Simracer

I'm sorry, but all you're doing here is lecturing people who don't hold the same point of view as you. You are free to express your opinion, of course, but please don't tell others to "stop whining" because they wish to do the same.

Asilo_Driver likes this.
  18. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I lectured you guys, so what? Don't like to admit that my point is valid? I never said, your arguments were wrong in the first place. I just gave you a piece of advice, take it or not.
    However, enough of that, you're free to start a private discussion with me.

Backmarker likes this.
  19. Xez

Xez Simracer

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need a lesson in arrogance.

Asilo_Driver likes this.
  20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm not an AI fan but have been trying the X-Bow and Lotus 2-eleven with 20+ AI, and they are not as bad as some other cars. The 458's are a nightmare and tend to drive right through you like you aren't there, whereas the X-Bow's have a bit more 'consideration'.

If you don't like AI, try a different car. The slower cars seem to have a touch more intelligence.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.