1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI in 0.6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jan 31, 2014.

1. eobet

eobet Simracer

Ok, so that drunken AI I made a video of seems to be back with a vengeance:

[​IMG]

:)

This was on my second try on the supercar special event from 0.5. During my first try, an AI stood on the brakes so hard in front of me that my wheel flew off when I hit them:

[​IMG]

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  2. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I've noticed some amazing crash physics. Specially in the BMW M3 E30. Cars topple over very easily.
    Fun thou :D

3. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

Yep something wrong Ai was better before the update

4. Buggi

Buggi Racer

fantastic IA ...

5. Blupp

Blupp Gamer

So I made a few races with the tatuus on silverstone and actually had quite some fun. OK the ai crashes 70% in the first turn, but after that, when the cars are separated it's really good. They respect your line, most of the time, they go in too fast and don't make the turn, they crash each other in the middle of the race and fight for positions. It's definitely an improvement and it's going in the right direction. Good job guys.

6. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Agreed, they seem more aware of you.
    Had some fun moments allready.
    Finally you can "nudge" an AI without getting catapulted off.
    They seem trigger happy still but hey, it good racing "DTM" style :D

7. didsrgt

didsrgt Rookie

I agree, although it needs some minor improvements....

8. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Yeah i agree AI has gone down hill somehow.

9. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Downhill? I would argue against that to be honest.
    AI definatly has a better situational awareness.
    Aggressive yes, but very much more alive.
    you can see the AI making mistakes as any real driver could make. Collisions and Lockups.

Why do you think the AI has gone downhill?

10. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Sorry i mean optimization wise, see my thread in this forum section.

11. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

AH ! Yes to that i agree.
    But it has been confirmed by Kunos that Optimizations are needed.
    Even on a 3930K @4.8 ghz i get 1 fps in the first corner with 23 cars :D then down from 110 to 30-40 fluctuating during the race

12. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

AI seems to be a disaster if you have a gird with differently powered cars. Even E30 STD and DTMs mixed is a cocktail for disaster as the faster cars can't work their way around the slow ones.
    Also in quick races do you always have to start last ???

With cars turning over and their roofs and windows disappearing under the track - not to mention damage (which I'm sure I turned off), I think we desperately need a car reset button.

Early days still I know but look at this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0kXdFM_Fw

BTW, on Vallelunga on that final chicane, anyone else notice there how the bumps so easily unsettle the cars, especially this E30 as you can see in the replay.

Scog, Brainspiller, Wattie and 2 others like this.
  13. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Roflol, That Clip is hilarious :D

14. fliCk

fliCk Rookie

I agree, AI is now completely mad... and those collisions - just look at this:

Brainspiller likes this.
  15. rge75

rge75 Simracer

I agree, I tried 3 races with Lotus 49 at classic Monza (15 opponents, 98% strenght). While I was able to do nice races with 0.5.3, it's almost impossible to survive the first lap (in fact I abandonned after 3 attempts). And it's not just that they're crashing with me (I hold distance in my 3rd attempt to watch what's going on). They also drive into the back of each other. They made many accidents within the first lap.

Jorge Alves likes this.
  16. Yakkern

Yakkern Rookie

Hello, first time post just to show my also leetle bit of AI glitch with regards collisions. This is more cosmetic as I see nothing wrong with the behaviour as such, no in fact I applaud the efforts of the dev team for making such awesome changes in such a short space of time.

Also I'm not sure if this is being sorted out but am still getting major F/R drops at certain areas of Monza in replay, again no biggie but if there are some camera fixes I could perform that anyone knows about that would be splendid.

Umm am I allowed to use Youtube to upload the vid,? Should I use something/somewhere else to detail the stuff I want to show? I'll delete if needs be.

thanks

17. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Yes, more awareness, its possible now to duel side-by-syde. A good iprovement, but.

They still brake on corners and still, despite the fact that use the brake on the end of the corners, too much speed on straights.

In a real race the best place to make a pass is in the end of the biggest straight. But on Assetto Corsa now is the opposite. Its more easy to make a pass in the lowest section of the track.

Asilo_Driver and Felice Pugliese like this.
  18. I'm not sure if they are worst. I've made a 12 GTs race at Mugello and on first two corners it was a disaster but after that things start to improve. It seems that the fact that AI bounces a lot with small touches is inflating this behaviour. They are running well but after a small (natural) touch their bouncing creates havocs.
    After that I made a race at Magione with KTM, Lotus and street M3 and it was a joy. Pagani and 599 were worst again. It seems that fast cars are a worst than street ones.

19. what bugs me the most is the amount of time spend with Ais, a feature that most of us will not even use, when we have multiplayer. :(

we could be racing online now if they had choose to do first mp than AI

20. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I l 'impression that some car work well on some tracks and terrible on others, did a few races in Silverstone and almost always disaster, slow machines in the corners and very easy to come buffered braking, much improved but we are far from anything really playable