1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI in 0.6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

Yeah, its improved, allthought when u brake "early", AI still crashes to your rear. Had few nice battles when i tried it out.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

I hope to get the old AI back, till the new one is finished.
    At the current state its a disaster. In 5.3 races were at least possible.

Jorge Alves likes this.
  3. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Speak for yourself.
    I will use AI far more than MP. In fact the AI as it is right now is just like a normal MP race with people who think the race is won on the first corner and can't drive a lap without wrecking.

4. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

:D

5. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Not all people will play online and some that do will like to play through the career progression in offline mode. For that to be a success, the AI has to be done correctly and part of early access is to give good strong feedback where improvements can be made.

If they release MP now, no one, or very few will give any decent feedback about the AI. There is good release management going on here I think.

6. Erwin

Erwin Racer

AI can now drive upside down :p
    upsidedown.jpg
    Formula Abarth doing burnouts.

ov1diu likes this.
  7. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

First corner..on almost every track is madness..needs work BUT after the first corner the AI really has improved , they really are aware of your pressence and it`s the most lively AI in any game, so if somehow ai can be improved to handle the first corner the rest it`s just good enough for me :).

8. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

Btw, i saw first retirement by the AI. It did not launch from staring grid and soon there was text, car 8 has retired.

9. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

I'll have to dig out the info..may take a while to find it, but i saw some stats that showed less than 15% of sim drivers actually race online. The overwhelming majority prefer to race against AI. This din't surprise me in the slightest. I'm pretty sure i read that in an interview with one of the AC devs quite a while ago, but where i read it doesnt matter. The facts are the facts.

Just because the hardcore few love nothing better than a good online race doesn't mean we are anything like the majority. This is why AI has priority.

10. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

11. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

They show much better awareness overall. Still some turns on the track where cars will seemgly park and stay there stopped dead in the middle of the turns, for no apprent reason other than than to hold up the 5 cars now piled up behind them including usually me not expecting the flow of traffic to come to a dead crashing halt.

and there still some cars will plow right up into you if you break normally than rather at the apex where they still break in some turns screaming into them and wiping you out if you happen to be in the way.

bmw race is a mess atm cars flip over i think its even harder to work your way up after turn 1 avoidance. medium dif i could not even work my way up and while not the best car or track for me the pace on medium has and remains far too high.

Supercar race seemed about the same as ever maybe a bit improved have to test more.

13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

My initial thoughts:

- Too many pile ups into T1 and this sometimes causes massive CPU drops (I get a warning)
    - They seem unaware of your presence and turn straight into you or ram you from behind far too much
    - On their own they drive very strange lines as though they are defending from another car that is'nt there
    - Too much weaving (blocking) when braking into corners, as though they are on Rails and turn way too sharply
    - In a pack of AI they have major difficulty in racing side by side, weaving and turning into one another

So far not too impressed, I only raced v0.5 AI a bit but they seemed better in that but can recall exactly. I accept it's early AI so will live with that, but we're gonna need many more options other than "Strength" to tailor the AI to our individual needs.

Tom Cooper likes this.
  14. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

more people race offline than you think, just because you might race online lots does'nt mean everyone does.
    AI is very difficult to get right and therefpre needs a lot of time spent on it, this AI is far far from complete yet and will require a lot of work to be done.

15. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

I had this with a zonda, some erratic behaviour but all in all had some good races, its been a pleasure testing this title so far and pleasing to see features that have been implemented due to the forums idea's, thankyou Kunos

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  16. Icarus

Icarus Racer

Bring on 0.6.3:)

17. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I seem to have had better results with AI by toning down the AI Ability slider in custom races.

Anywhere between 90-95% they seem to be less aggressive. They are still useless on the first bend but once the pack thins out they are much better behaved and at times even yield the line when they know you are faster.

I know the thought of scaling back the AI's ability is a bit of a strange concept to some of you but give it a go. I have just had some very enjoyable races aroung Vellelunga and Mugello in the 1M and E30 DTM :)

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

All without any driving aids , no TC, no ABS no nothing on , just my socks and I LOL:)

I did a 2 lap race @ Magione with 1M vs 5 other ones(two 1M and three E92 M3) and with 100% opponents strength I came in first anyway, but I need to say in the last lap the car behind me just wanted to take me out(not in a boy girl manner lol) in the last 5 to 6 bends... he went berzerk and finished(...) far behind me in the grass.

The same track but now with F40 S3, 8 of them I couldn't get on the podium at-all @ 100% strength... they're a bunch of idiots.

But me in a NORMAL 458 on Streets and 7 other 458s I finished 1st with quite a margin(let's say 50 metres lol), 100% strength as well.

The same with my beautiful BTCC E30 M3(#44 Steve Soper, thanks MESA!) and 7 other AIdiots(lol) ...1st no worries:)

And all other things being equal eventually with the L49.....6th out of 8 contestants @#$%$%

AI 's got to learn but it's great stuff. I love it.
    Also the double button looking back feature:Awesome though I never use it (F11 or incockpit)

RIP Brad

Cheers
    Robin

19. AI in the F40 drops my FPS by half. Didnt notice that in other cars so far..

3316V, Kristaps and Robin_NL like this.
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I second that (and I guess the rest as well). Dunno but just like the real car a lot of (turbo) lag?

12 L49s and everythings seems fine. 12 E30 GrA M3 at Mugello Special Event last update no FPS issues at all...

Cheers
    Robin