1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI in 0.6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Speak for yourself, the AI is the most important feature of the game for me, i have no interest in online racing with lag, wreckers etc.

2. Nuno P

Nuno P Gamer

would you really??? so what would you say about this video, is this normal?

Albert McSaltens, Bailey and ov1diu like this.
  3. Booster

Booster Racer

I love the 0.6

just a little note: the AI pilots are f.....g *****les ;)

4. Icarus

Icarus Racer

This looks like a multi class race where half the grid is GT and the other half is Drifting.

5. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

First thing I did when launched 0.6 was a race with maximum number of cars using the BMW M3 E30 Gr. A at Mugello. There was mayhem in first turn and I got a warning from AC that my CPU was at 95%. I got 2 frames/second. I know my CPU isn't for games, but this is just crazy...

6. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

My opinion is this update is a big improvement. first few corners racing with AI are kinda wild, but once the race gets underway a bit, I think they're fun to race. Its great to be able to combine different cars on the same track. For me, things are definitely moving in the right direction. I realize opinions are polarized on the whole AI thing, but I plan to do most of my racing in AC against the AI. I'm glad they're taking the time to develop a quality AI experience.

7. eobet

eobet Simracer

That video was made with 0.5 using unofficial settings.

However, the AI even with official settings in 0.6 is quite bonkers, so I might do a new one! :D

8. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

I agree with you completely. Where else can you learn how to judge the distance from the car in front of you while preparing for a corner? Do that in an online race and you're going to ruin everyone else's fun. AI is very important. But the first corner issue must be fixed somehow. I remember being forced to restart a race more than 4 times because I got pushed out of the track on a straight line. I think the AI is a tad too agressive. If that can be fixed before 1.0 is out, I'll be a happy (sim) driver :)

9. Nuno P

Nuno P Gamer

eobet i had the same problem with the 599xx on mugello, they were going nuts driving into each other and driving into me, maybe i pissed them off or something :)
    i just hope AC doesn't become nk pro back in the days with a "messed up" netcode ...

10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Track: Mugello
    AI: Every road car no race cars. With few multiples of same car 458, F40, Mp4 etc to make 23 cars total.
    My car: 458 S3
    Laps:10

Issues:
    -AI F40's retire lap 7 with no fuel, 458 and mp4 lap 9, rest of them e30, e92 all retire around lap 8-9 out of fuel, nobody expect me finish race.
    -during the finish straight all cars do massive readjust to racing their racing line causing huge kph slow down of AI cars
    -at 98 AI strength cars too slow, by lap 6 I was lapping 458 and mp4 (this wasn't the case with silver stone challenge race with 458)
    -during braking AI cars have weird line, even with nobody around doing gas and then brake in some turns.

Minor questions.
    When car damage appears on left white color especially during long left hander Mugello does it mean car is clipping ground, suspension bottoming out?

And is it possible to export render stats to text file to analyze.

During lap 9/10 there was point where FPS dropped to 3FPS for 3-4 seconds before returning to normal. Which is strange considering i7 4700k is eating every other game and GPU usage is close to 100% so not sure why its happened.

Start of race FPS is 60 during race around 90-100. Alone 120 or so.

Thanks for update.
    Enjoying the game more and more.

11. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I made some tests on Monza.

With 25 AI F40 cars the fps on the grid is 23-24 fps. With 25 AI 458 cars, 50 fps.

But, what is most strange is that the warning CPU usage appears more times with the 458, the fps at the first corner drop to less than 1 fps, yeah, the game almost stop.

With 15 AI 458 cars I have no CPU warning messages.

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Forget the trip to green hell to scan that ,spend it improving the ai!

Stepy likes this.
  13. BugA

BugA Racer

I posted this video in a similar thread, anyway, something about this must change.

Stepy and ov1diu like this.
  14. alex72

alex72 Alien

Remember guys that Kunos are releasing an update every 2 weeks and we are screaming after these udpdates. Kunos definately saw and knew that AI still need improvement but since they push out the updates every 2 weeks we have to live with that things arent completely done - until they are done. :)

15. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Okay gave it another go Mugello and race cars only.

Holy smokes the AI is crazy. They were flying flipping over smashing into each other.

The crash at Turn 1 was so big, got CPU usage above 95%.

And once again during lap 8-9 there was 3-4 freeze where FPS dropped below 5.

ov1diu likes this.
  16. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

The message from AC about the CPU is just weird. I had the taskmanager open and my cpu never worked more than 50%. But AC said it was over 95%. So this is a little weird.
    I think this means, from the currently used CPU load, AC uses more than 95%.
    The AI is tricky and funny sometimes, but for me it's a clear improvement to the previous version.

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  17. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

Also getting single digit performance in first turn and freezing. 60 FPS to less than 10 FPS

I've also noticed if I hit the windows key and the task bar appears when I get rid of it I've lost 20 FPS permanently

18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I like the improvements so far.
    I did some races on Monza and they drove very well for a beta ai.
    Pagani zonda brakes too early, when placed 4-6 in my test. All Ferrari 599xx crashed into them. The first paganis (1-3) drove really nice. Ferrari 599 could brake sometimes earlier.
    Bmw 1m and z4 drift are awesome Ais. Bmw m3 could also brake later and not so magnetic to the streets while I'm crashing into this one.
    Lotus evora the same like 599. Lotus scurra and exige s are nice driving.

I hope you add some points or setups, so that they drive all slicks/street tyres and got enough fuel.
    Also I want to add cars not in groups, more mixed^^

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

19. Oubaas

Oubaas Racer

Yes, that makes perfect sense. That's why the crew at Kunos Simulazioni is working so hard on the AI for the game...to encourage people to steal it.

Developers always do that. They hate making money from their work. It offends their artistic sensibilities. That's why they invented AI. :rolleyes:

20. alex72

alex72 Alien

I chosed F40 as my car and then clicked quickrace. The sim said it added 9 cars and i clicked start. When cars loaded i had F40 and all the others were 458_S3's :D I didnt have a chance in corners. :D

I thought quick race would copy the car you had chosen and add a bunch. :)