1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI in 0.6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jan 31, 2014.

1. GhettoRice

GhettoRice Racer

The e30 still brakes funny in corners and has no regard for your line. They do seem to have a slightly better spacial awareness though. I know it sounds conflicting but that's as best I can describe it.

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I find the AI very good - unpredictable in a good way. There are still a few problems (with a bunch of Lotuses at Vallelunga):

• They are a bit too gentlemanly. You can be fighting to get the inside at a corner, and the AI looks like they should have the corner by holding their racing line, but they step aside a little too easily to make room for you.
    • They give up. You can battle hard with an AI for a lap, but once you pass them, they often seem to give up and just disappear in your mirrors.

3. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

See the graphic bugs section of the forum and look for a thread about this issue. It appears it may be a Steam file integrity issue with an immediate fix that is discussed in the thread.

4. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

Maybe if you're behind them, but as soon as they see a possibility to catch up, they will go for the kill x(

Most races get better when the field spreads out, but in some cars, like the formula abarth, the ai will constantly crash into you from behind. In the easiest to control car of the game. The somewhat rubber-like physics don't help. You can even clip into other cars, just to be catapulted away.

Still, aside from this issues it's already damn fun to race^^

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello guys, I'd like to thank everybody for the very useful feedback you're giving us!
    We are listening very carefully and we are at work since yesterday night on trying to understand framerate and CPU overload problems relative to collisions. We are definitely going to nail down this problem at the core engine level.

On a different level, we are fine tuning the cars to make them more even in terms of aggressiveness and using their grip on an equal way (some are managing to use their grip better than others). There's tons of fine tuning left to be done (and more than fine tuning).

After those two things are in place, we will work making the AI more player aware and making it more able to avoid "stupid" incidents.

As usual, expect the ordinary quick fixes in the next days and I'll keep you informed on the developments.
    You feedback is very very useful to us right now, so keep it coming and spread the word.

Thanks!

6. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

Kunos thank you so much for working so quickly on fixing these issues. This is what makes AC stand out from the others! And you guys are such a small team and can do much more amazing things than these much larger development groups! It just goes to show how passionate you guys are and in wanting the best for this sim! Keep up the fantastic work! AC is by far the best driving game I've ever played, and it keeps getting better with every update.

7. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

How do you get that replay angle?

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thanks Aris Im liking the change of some AI to race, I did hack v0.5 to quickrace and from the few quick races I have got around to so far the improvements are getting there. Main issues Im seeing is the AI really dont want to break any earlier then programed even if a car is in front be it AI or human but with different break capabilities.

This makes a bit of a mess of multi class racing if there are cars much better on breaks then others. I did also noticed a couple slowdowns, not as bad as some but it dropped down to about 25fps when all hell broke lose infront on a 24 car grid at Silverstone. I did have a few of most of the faster cars so Zonda, 458 S3, 599xx, f40 s3 (or is it 1 cant remember), m3 GT2, z4 GT3 and P4/5. The f40 had most issues simply staying on track but as it is most likely the worst under brakes from that field they wqould have been getting hit by everyone. I also had issues with the gt2 and gt3 cars hitting me under brakes as I was in the 599 and those GT cars are much better under braking.

Thats where I am noticing most issues with the AI and I think this is likely the hardest thing to code correctly with cars at very different speeds to each other around the track. Single class racing is quite a bit better and overall I had some good races in .5 and have noticed some improvements here with .6 but mostly as other cars can now be raced too.

I will get in a few more races with a few different setups and see how they go but seems like most major bugs have already been noted by a few here.

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  9. no one would give feedback for the ai? then means two things, no one would care about the ai, as i suggested. and secondly then you are wring about that people wants to play ai cause if no one give feedback is cause no one plays them, no one needs them.

I understand some people will play Ais, but what i'm saying is that the majority of us care about MP and very little on AI therefore is a pain having to be waiting that long, for this AIS to be done, to get an Early multiplayer, Just look at this last update? 15 days of waiting a formula car, and multiplayer for nothing ( to me)
    And now 15 more days, and who knows what we will get, i hope finally a formula car is released soon cause i can't enjoy i'm tired of road cars, seriously thinking on parking AC till multiplayer is out, and going back to netkar.

10. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

this is an incorrect statement may be true in many cases but we can not condemn anyone just because it asks AI in the game, I personally think that everyone should do a lot of races against the car and learn to manage and track in many situations before jumping online to do disaster, so please include the statements and opinions of all respect. thanks

11. Felice Pugliese

I did some clean gae and I realized that the work of the Kunos really is pointing to something never seen before as to when the race goes well it really has the feeling of running on the track against real opponents, this happens a few times it is true, but I did finally figure out what kind of AI maybe they're working on. It 'easy to make as many other developers timid AI that you do not collide but never remain behind forming hateful trains on the track, I made some beautiful races with the BMW GRA Mugello and I really enjoyed .... great things take time ...

softgrip and mangal like this.
  12. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Actually, I suggest a poll asking if we prefer Kunos deciding what they work on, or would it be better if it was YOU deciding!!!

softgrip, sherpa25 and Jack_NL like this.
  13. Felice Pugliese

throw in the same race all types of cars is not a good idea, as the developers have said some machines are ready than others, you can see very well from your video as the Zonda and 599 are absolutely crazy while others are as they should

14. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

We are going to get both in time... just be patient and let Kunos work on their priorities. I want MP just as much as the next guy but can we please stick to giving them feedback about the build at hand?

bigbawmcgraw and Jack_NL like this.
  15. You can park it until V1.0 comes out and nobody cares....There are plenty of us that are disappointed that MP isn't ready yet but crying in the forums isn't going to get it here any faster....maybe your parents caved in and gave you what you wanted when you cried for it but that won't work with Kunos. They are developing the sim the way they have planned out to do it....It is apparent that the AI need alot more work so the next several builds could look alot like this one...

As bad we want multiplayer the stark reality of the situation is that it could still be several months away. It will get here eventually so might as well continue to hotlap and enjoy these physics or maybe even mess around with the AI and leave feedback. Or go play Netkar.

16. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

wauw must been a lot of Redbull to stay awake ;)

Most I discovered is already mentioned,
    and some people can explain it a lot better then me

oh btw the standard HDR settings make it very bright when in the car
    so I lowered it to 40 or so to have it not so bright inside but then in the other views it gets darker
    with HDR on I can see the backfire flames (F40) much better then when HDR is off

Understand if this is not getting attention this weekend

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

And you'd poll people who post on this board, who are hardcore gamers and more likely to participate in MP. Most people who have the game are casual gamers and will never even come here which is a major problem with using audience polls for content direction.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/1...ames-single-player-preferred-over-multiplayer

So make AC for hardcore gamers only? Well there just aren't enough of us...

18. Gavin

Gavin Rookie

Had a very fun race with 15 KTM xbows at Magione. In fact the only idiot in the field was yours truly :p. No more silly braking on the apex anymore from the ai so if you get round the first bend unscathed you can finish the race. Rush into the pack in the first corner and anything could happen. All in all, still work to be done on it but I think its heading i the right direction.

19. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I know itll get better, but compared to the special event races I feel like the quick race AI is insane. literally crazy, suicidal even.
    In the special events they would take me out quite often, now they take EACHOTHER out and me in the process lol.
    The AI also reacts very unnatural when they lose control, I feel like once they lose x amount of control they should just chill for a second and let the car run it's course, and then reset.. cause right now when they lose control they wipe out the rest of the field as well, as they tank slap back and forth desperately.

Robin_NL likes this.