1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alien Driving Tips/Help Needed: Nurburgring

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

As a 2:00 driver, I found the video comparison pretty interesting. And the rendition of Metallica's Damage Inc made me laugh.

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Can you tell roughly how many hours you have put into simracing? I mean, of course there are things that can accelerate the learning process, but the more I practice, the more I get to the conclusion that there are no shortcuts to getting fast other than practice time.

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Equipment beyond say a g25 DFGT really doesn't effect lap speed too much. Immersion and exercise level goes up quite a bit on my current setup Accuforce Pro v2 and Simworx Pro gt pedals at max 200kg brake force.

I think my consistency is likely better but overall single lap pace really makes little difference once your used to either setup.

On a regular consumer wheel all that will happen is you hit max force and clip, with many running it so high it clips cornering so its not like its going to rip the wheel from your hands.

Kerbs arent that big an issue even in real cars with no power steering its more when other cars hit you or you hit something solid the wheel can rip from your hands.

I dont think the kerbs and ffb has any negative impact on me in ACC. Sure they can unsettle the car but its not the ffb thats making it less stable.

Its a differnt way to use a good load cell vs basic logitech pedals, someone used to either setup can run the same lap times in both. Switching from one to the other takes a fair bit of time to re adjust but if laptime is all you want basic logitech setup can be fast enough.

In the dark and wet, with the AI (currently which are too slow into t1) its very hard to see anything lol. This was just medium rain I think the heavier stuff is even more brutal to see reference points in traffic.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Sorry, for one more OT post...

Fun story there is one alien racing in our little community, much faster than most. Once it was a bit different, he was doing slightly more mistakes, and his pace was slightly slower, but still was overtaking everyone. Turns out he was driving with mouse for that one time for whatever the reason. What you see, hear and how fast, precise you are with your inputs is the whole thing. Perhaps you can master techniques, master lines, braking points, turn in points, whatever everything, but you still won't have an ability to be so insanely quick with reading whats going on and reacting to that, and that's why they are aliens.

usually their guides are like this: "here you go 200 6th, you slow down to third to 130, then you turn in" :D Just like Alonso here haha

5. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Some people of great strength can do push ups with one finger... Probably could rip of the wheel with 4:D

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

If you know what to do, in theory with the correct method without effort, anyone shouldn't be more than 2sec off pace within the same setup. Going 1:52.*** take effort, but the mid 1:54.*** doesn't, if you include an optimal setup. It's like when you play Dance Dance revolution between A & AAA perfect full combo rating. Going for perfect AAA full combo is hard, but hitting A grade with few perfect & mostly good doesn't take much effort.

Understanding the driving model of the game help a lot.

Obviously when you hit over 1:56... it's more related to learning curve rather than skill.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

So I said that, possibly wrong, maybe not. I have had different thing in my mind, and didn't say that fast people would be bad in night. I meant that no FFB could be much less of an advantage in darkness for those who somehow are faster without FFB, because you see less and it is more difficult to judge cars speed and yaw angle through visual cues, and I assumed that it could increase importance of FFB.

The reasons are probably in lots of practice, talent, knowledge, intellect, reaction times of an individual... whatever. Perhaps alien could help with knowledge part, but that's it. But I probably don't have a right to be in this discussion as neither fast or having other competences...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  8. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

[​IMG]

I've done only 1:58 's in practice and questioned my existence - the surface in hotlap mode has just more rubber. Self made setup, higher bumpstop rates than default, lower wheel rate, 6% aero balance (don't know what this means), couple damper adjustments, Fanatec belt wheel + load cell pedals. Nür is my most driven track and the car needs good rotation, braking stability and transient response. Will practice Misano until next month.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Theoretical BS get the game and set your laps or go away already. How can you understand anything without ever even trying it? I doubt you will ever go sub 3 minutes at least I wouldnt if I used your guide as a reference. :eek:

Someone spending so much time in these forums but doesnt drive AC anymore and hasnt even bought ACC, wtf are you actually doing here beyond being a common garden variety troll?

10. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

My best lap time is 53 7. I will never get in the 52s because i hate gt3 cars.
    I find unrealistic the fast guy driving ultra smooth, never saw a video of a real racer doing that.
    Maybe he uses a super oversteery setup and the only way to be fast is to make very slow inputs :D

11. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Maybe get the game and point things out. Until then, it`s all ego and troll, leading to an inevitable ban.

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The funniest part is the ranking. The player doing 2min is only 3500th out of over 10 000 of entries I suppose. His racing line is almost spot on everywhere with the overall result is disappointing.

Grade A with practice, heading to AAA is inevitable. Only thinking about skill is pessimistic.

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So if you practice you'll be faster, but it won't improve your skill?
    Why are things like that on the internet where everyone can read them?

kro, Freddie Seng and martcerv like this.
  14. It is known we are diurnal creatures after all...
    In theory it should mean that compared to the default settings of the car ( they say it's 60mm front and 65 rear), you moved the aero balance by 6% to the front.
    That's the spirit. So you are saying that you are a so called alien but you can't be with gt3s because you don't like them? You do know that ACC only features GT3 cars, don't you?
    Slow inputs don't necessarily prevent oversteer. His setup is nicely balanced, which is why the car seems on rails. The slow inputs are necessary as they have to "follow" the weight transition of the car and the overall grip of the tyres while he brakes.

15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

By the way, I'm specifically pointing out accelerator & braking input. The oddity in the transition from player overall perception. FFB is as placebo as FOV.

Small hints:
    Without FFB you can't insert precise steering input(what kind of clue can be fetch without relying on FFB?).

16. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

I never drive gt3 cars in any game. I prefer vintage cars with no aero, road cars or drifting. I wish we will have ac2 in the future

mantasisg likes this.
  17. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

What is your best laptime in acc?

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys please return to the topic. Michael asked for the little tips and tricks for the last few seconds, this is a 100% valid and serious question.
    The issue is that I just can't find any sensible contribution during the last pages.

I take that personally, as I'm usually pointing to this forum wherever somebody seems to struggle - with the words that this community is kind and extraordinarily helpful when asked.

Thug, Tobias Queck, AC_RAF and 5 others like this.
  19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I don't know. I never played ACC.