1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alien Driving Tips/Help Needed: Nurburgring

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Austin, the former troll turned SMS hype man, has alien skills and claims that he ran a second faster after turning off FFB. Maybe it is just an alien thing (and if you are in the fifty fours using default that is certainly alien territory) because I couldn't complete a lap when I tried it.

mms likes this.
  2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

But you didn't notice that the 1:53 lap was with zero FFB gain?
    Anyway, pointless video.

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Anime profile picture, that song on the video... I'm actually starting to believe that he is not trolling, which makes it even scarier.

4. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't find other runs with inputs. I couldn't no audio & had to find something that wouldn't trigger youtube detection.

Use common sense with the possibility offered at the moment & resource time at editing a video for a reputable community. ;)

Sorry that it triggered fixation issue. :D

6. Nao

Nao Alien

I'm finding this more offensive than any MrDeap's posts.

Thou really, can't we lay this to rest already and return to actual thread topic.

mantasisg likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

What if... they are same person ? 0_o

P.S. any tips for T1 ? Few times I somewhow had 0.5s of delta in T1, but never perfectly understood how, or managed to join that to quickest lap...

8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

What if I told you

Paolo Muia is using logitech G25.

aliens are just quick.

they don't need load cell pro pedals or direct drive wheels etc.

their inputs are just butter smooth and know exactly where limit of grip is.

also Phil is another alien that some say does 1:54 while drifting for fun.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

G25 is fast. When I switched to T300 I became much slower. Took some time to regain pace... You simply do more work with stronger resistance, and loose those miliseconds, you can be more random. Aliens with little or no FFB will just force point the wheels and win those little tenths here and there, ffb is in their muscles and reaction to visual cues is phenomenal, ask them to do that past midnight, when there are less visual references lol

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Equipment makes no difference for raw pace, you can use a Driving Force wheel and set a world record.

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Of course it does matter. Can an alien who practiced on wheel and pedals make a WR with keyboard and mouse? Practice makes it perfect, however with shi**y equipment one might need considerably larger amount of practice.

12. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

2:03 here when in the dark. Completely lost. But then I shut off FFB and phew back under 1:59. It's a journey.

The **** that people can say. Amazing really.

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Tell me why I need more practice with a Logitech wheel than I would with a direct drive one? The only thing I can see that would make a significant difference is a load cell brake pedal versus Logitech's constant ratio spring, but even so, there's nothing keeping you from achieving a WR with them.

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Average simracer will overdrive the car more which means one will need to constantly correct it which is easier/faster with a good a good DD wheel. Faster correction means less lost time or even not crashing the car which means one doesn't need to restart the lap/session. In fact it is physically hard to overdrive the car with DD wheel in the first place (requires physical effort). You will observe the car limits more naturally instead of wtf moments without understanding what really happened and what you should have done to save the car. How is that not less practice in terms of time? If you are already an alien then probably there won't be much of a difference because you will be driving smooth and fast and if not you will have good muscle memory in the first place to play with the car.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yes, a DD will give some information that a gear driven wheel won't, and it may save you from crashing some times and spare you a negligible amount of practice time, but saving the car won't make you faster, not having to save it will.
    And also, my statement was that the equipment makes no difference to raw pace, where did you not agree with that?

16. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

When people say reduce FFB they don't mean it off.

Not sure what the problem is?

100 ffb strength hit kerb

50 ffb strength hit kerb.

What you think will happen when you slam kerb as wheel starts fighting back.....

17. The excuses people find when they are slow are amazing. They all try to find some weird reasons for the pace of the faster guys. No wonder there aren't many fast guys around. Even when you try to help them, they then decide to believe whatever they want. There's this huge presumption that they can get better with 10 hours of practice while in reality you need thousands of hours, research, focus...but yeah, i'm probably wrong. Truth is we are driving with FFB to leave you a chance to beat us.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Obviously the car doesn't become faster when you use DD wheel (or whatever high end equipment) if that's what you mean by "raw". Saving a car will mean less time spent in the grass which is a waste time in comparison to time spent on the road actually driving. If a person needs 10k hours to reach "very fast" or "alien" levels and high end gear for example can save say 10% of practice time that amount is not so negligible in the long run when you consider it's 1000h which is enough to buy that equipment and have better overall experience during that journey.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  19. Thanks guys, this thread is now completely off the ****ing rails.

To Phil and the other fast guys that have shared helpful info, thank you. @MrDeap please **** off out of my thread and try to refrain yourself from quoting me. I am going to find out if I actually have any pull/juice with the devs because I am officially begging them to ban you permanently. The misinformation that you present (over and over) is more harmful to novice simracers than any amount of trolling IMO.

Everybody else: It has been all but absolutely proven over the years that load cell pedals will improve your driving/lap times more than any wheel ever will. Aliens don't need dozens of hours or hundreds of laps to set times faster than 99% community. And an alien will still set incredibly fast times with a gamepad or kb/mouse if that is the input method they are used to; and if they aren't used to it just give them a few minutes and they will still be in the top ten percent.

Now can we please get back to the meat and potatoes (mmmmmm, cheese fries) of this thread; asking the fast guys for info regarding what is the correct way to take sections of the track.

Thaar, Nao and mantasisg like this.
  20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

The dude said "aliens with little or no ffb" and then that somehow in the dark fast people would suck.

It's like the people who are slow know the reasons some people are fast better than people who are actually fast. How ****ed up is that really....

GT3 cars can be steered with 4 fingers irl. But then again simracers probably know better than actual real drivers how hard it actually is to steer a real car.

tabis, Freddie Seng and Minolin like this.