1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alien Driving Tips/Help Needed: Nurburgring

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Sep 22, 2018.

1. fabT

fabT Alien

What really impressed me was his braking point at the chicane.

2. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

With all this constant work, practice, and perfection everyone is doing to improve lap times on Nurburgring GP, with this car......
    I dread the first days of multiplayer. Everyone is going to be blazing fast.
    I can see already that I might be better to stay in the AI's world....
    :)

MonkeyBoyzRevenge and BEsnake like this.
  3. Boller

Boller Gamer

The trick is and this is hard to see without input screen, he is braking hard initially and while he starts to turn he releases the brake. It’s quite tricky but you get used to it.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The big bad enemy I am up against is lack of consistency. When lap times vary within 2 seconds, that ain't good. My mind must be too excursive. :D

sissydriver and ALB123 like this.
  5. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

It should be fine there seems to be enough people with all kind of times. But yea first day of multiplayer wont be easy haha but maybe by the time multiplayer comes out people are tired of the nurbugring GP :p

6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

And?

mms likes this.
  7. You don't know? Those 3 liters missing are the reason he went so fast. With 3 liters more, he would have been in the 54s...

Dookie, sissydriver, Nesja and 2 others like this.
  8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Man...And I always thought you claimed to be an average skilled driver. If you consider that average, I have no choice but to blow my brains out tonight. :( I'm going to leave a note...Please send cleanup costs to Michael H. C/O: ACC Nurburgring :p

I'm right there with you. Not only am I not fast, but 2 second swings aren't the exception...it's the rule when I'm practicing. I'm sure you're like me and over driving the car into corners. It's so frustrating when I sort of know what to do but can not freakin' implement it - at least, not consistently.

Anyone posting 1:55 lap times or so, would you mind sharing your setup details? We all know that car setups are going to be extremely important in ACC and even though an alien's car setup is probably too loose/fast for me, I'd still like to understand the theories of the faster drivers. Help some slow brother's out. :D

9. I see a lot of people saying stuff like "i take the same line" but the line is not what makes you go faster. Even a kid can take a good line into the corner. It all comes down at what speed you take that line. The major difference is actually how you use your pedals. Turning the car with your brakes and your throttle is a key point to go faster. Focus on your pedals control, learn about the traction circle and try to make it all work together. The nurburgring is not exactly the kind of track where you can take different lines, so anyone that knows a little about racing is already taking a decent line.

TheMarshal, MrDeap and Kristaps like this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Wiseguys :p

I ment compared to the 60L Michael is driving with.

Neilski likes this.
  11. eXo

eXo Racer

So i'm trying with 0 lt. of fuel.
    WR incoming...
    Checkmate noobs!1!!

12. I'm not using 60L, I am using this setup that was included with a Youtube video that was shared.

Attached Files:

Thomas Cameron, mms and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well you were in that picture in your 2nd post

14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

For Hotlap you need 4l of fuel (if you have fuel usage enabled) to get around the track. and each lap everything resets so 4l is enough to do hotlaping

15. Best I can do with default setup and no changes are mid fifty sevens. I make a handful of laps with just default and then I switch to the custom setup.

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Is it even possible to enable fuel usage in hotlap mode? I had thought not.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I'm not in the 1:55s yet, but I'm scraping at its door with 1:56:1XX. I use Kunos' agressive setup with 4L fuel, TC & ABS raised to 6 and Preload reduced to 30. I also tried the setup Michael attached but can't make much of a difference with it yet.

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

1.55,6 with Kunos' aggressive setup.
    @PhilS13 once said that for AC1 he could get within 1.5 seconds of his fastest lap on a default setup, I don't know what that difference is for ACC, but I think we should focus more on our inputs.

sissydriver and Neilski like this.
  19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

You are right.. for some reason i thought it can be..maybe since i was doing a lot of hotlaping in singleplayer :D and than stop on middle of the track haha

Neilski likes this.
  20. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The most common mistake are watching real onboard as they are quite early on the accelerator while the car is much more stable in the sim. What I learned in AC(plane model general rule) it's about using the brake to turn, not really about balancing the car. The accelerator basically create a lot of understeer. A tad bit early would make the car deviate from the ideal racing line in the simulator. The inertia feel damped as a whole... It is preferable to be late at it & progressively use it more early closer to the apex at the exit phase once you get the hang of it. Avoid using the accelerator before the apex. On a sharp chicane, you got to trail brake past the apex.

The general rule is about stomping the brake & turn at the same time at the turn in, trail with twice the pressure(or hold & turn at the same time) after stomping it during the entry phase to force the rotation, trail longer closer to the apex & crank the steering about the same way(lot of steering lock near the apex, for proof of not drifting).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Thaar likes this.