1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Amazing side effects of driving on a public road

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. This weekend I have driven mostly on the new even though fictional BCC on different servers with different cars and it was an amazing experience not only because of the new improvements of version 1.5, but also because it was very pleasantly surprising to see how popular it is and that people are much more nicer and careful when driving on this highway track. I saw drivers saying hi and sorry a lot, making way for faster cars, and being nice in general, something that you do not see very often on the regular circuits. I am not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the experience of driving on a public road with the double yellow line in the center that somehow awakens that driver spirit and camaraderie that you find in real life. I hope that the release of this new kind of track is just the beginning and hopefully the developers will create more road circuits like this one which not only offer a different and calmer driving experience, but also seem to bring the best out of people.

AurusCE, Auranapse, Nekrobob and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - 3 cars and an amazing battle in the night May 15, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Old Geezer Just Discovered This Amazing Sim!!! Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Silverstone, amazing fights Jul 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AMAZING Race!!! Apr 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Absolutely amazing interview with the master himself - Gordon Murray Jan 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GT3s at Highlands is amazing! Jun 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Amazing muppet avoidance techniques Dec 30, 2016
    Suggestions Suggestion about new way to watch spectator, amazing with VR? Nov 9, 2016
    Screens & Videos RSeb Bathurst - An amazingly good track mod Jun 11, 2016
    Screens & Videos AC in 4K=amazing May 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New collision model - Amazing improvement in multiplayer experience Apr 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New collisions are amazing! Apr 11, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres is Amazing! Apr 1, 2016

3. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Good for you.I also like roads in AC but BCC is souch a disapointment because its so wide its boring to drive IMO.It would be perfect if its like normal road no highway...like Lake Louise or Coste Roads (Mod tracks) .I hope we will get some tracks that are more like roads in future...

4. If you think its boring please try the F40 s3 on the long layout with a full tank of gas and try driving at the limit until the tires go red both in temp and wear...it will "change your religious beliefs" as Pacino said in "Carlito's way"...:eek:

Ozcanuck55 likes this.
  5. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Personally, I'd rather pick a new race track than another road course. Granted, it is a bit soothing cruising BCC and I guess another road course won't hurt, but Im really hoping Kunos will focus on race tracks.

6. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I kind of agree about the its a regular road rather than a race track road. race tracks are designed to drive on REALLY fast, standard roads are not, not really.. plus the addition of road lines makes you think about the highway code (road rules) and you know what those road lines mean.

I had a little play online the other day and we all tried to drive the roads like we was actually on real roads. .we all stuck to 1 lane and only used the other to over take.. we wasn't really racing, more like cruising at whatever speed you want, nobody was trying to drive at 160mph the whole way, we was mostly driving around 60-90 mph on the straight parts. If you was a fast driver, you would probably need to over take other cars more than a slower driver. But i think at some point or other we all had a go at overtaking someone else..

It was great fun, you are cruising along and there is a car in front, but you are approaching a curve so you hang back behind the other car, until after you get around the corner, then you drop it down a gear, swing wide and punch the throttle, once past, drop back into the correct lane and settle your speed out again. We had a few "battles" going on as well, i would over take one guy and then drop back into lane, which would spur him on to go a bit faster, so after the next corner he would over take me, and then drop back into lane and cruise again, then id get fed up of being behind him, so id over take him... Rinse and repeat..

Made for a really good (id say race but we wasnt racing) id say cruising session.

Also i disagree about we need more race tracks. No we really don't because whatever kunos doesn't cover themselves, will probably get covered by a modder anyway.. What i think we need is an equal spread of full on race tracks, Semi race/road courses like street tracks or those point to point rally style stages.. what are those called Touge i think (bad spelling probably). And some regular roads to drive on..
    It's exactly the same as cars. some people want just hyper cars, or GT or F1 cars some people want more street versions. so do it the easy way give them an equal spread of both. then we all get what we want. (of course there will always be some people who are not happy, you cannot please everybody.. But you can please the majority)

arthur666 and Steve Bullitt like this.
  7. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Nobby: agree and disagree. The more "spread" you have, the greater the fragmentation of the community. Like you say, there is no easy answer, but if you have 1 track and 5 cars, chances are you'll find a server and be racing those 5 cars on that track.

If you have 143 tracks and 431 cars, chances of finding a populated server diminishes greatly. Ive seen it happen to rFactor. 2-3 guys at best racing Renault 5's, 1-2 guys racing Alfa GT's on another track, etc etc...

Again, no easy road to take here :)

8. Personally, I also like the idea of a road course like BCC very much, but as such it was a proper disappointment for me. It might just not be to my taste, because all the fun I find in road courses stems from the fact that they are narrower than race tracks, which I often find a little too wide to be fun, especially for the slower cars. That's why I like courses like Trento-Bondone or Joux Plane so much. Now I understand this is supposed to be America, land of obnoxiously wide and straight roads, but then again this road seems even wider still than what I'd deem realistic given the desert scenario, plus there's the off-putting visuals of it.
    Now if we had just a two-lane public road, I think that would be perfect for a fun online cruising session.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The same feeling you have with BCC I get on Nordschleife. There is some people that talk **** about people when they not just stop their slower cars when a faster is on a hotlap (why even hotlap on a onlineserver where 31 other people drives?), but its mostly a good attitude and respectful driving.

Steve Bullitt and tabis like this.
  10. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I know what you mean but I will still better take F40 S3 @ lake Luise better:)
    For example I never drive Silverstone because its so wide.I just dont like wide tracks or roads :( it would be great if there is road on BCC that is half as wide as now haha

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Just stick to the rightmost lane if you think it's too wide...

LeDude83, djtopa and nijeat like this.
  12. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

What i REALLY miss in BlackCat is an Option to drive it in both! Ways online,like a real Road.It should be work without to "edit" something.

Maybe people are more relaxd on that Track because its the warm Color`s,wide Road,wide Country,the Mood is very different there.

Steve Bullitt likes this.
  13. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Haha that's my way I'm having fun on the BCC, rather weird to see those who just taking a racing line at a public road for me. Wonderful relaxing track.

14. Whilst my opinion of Black Cat County Short improved a bit after I got to know the track last night, I was still pummelled twice in succession at T1 by what felt like the entire grid slamming into me. It's this annoying habit of people that start from the back of the grid that results in me forgetting about qualifying most of the time. I had qualified P3 in one of those races, but I suffered multiple impacts from behind at T1, and my race was ruined before I had even started!

As for the track itself, the road surface has a slight "reflective sheen" to it that makes it slightly less believable than it could be. I also noticed that the water is completely static (based on those views of different parts of the track you get before being taken to the pits), which is a bit disappointing. These effects will need to be improved considerably if Stefano intends to release a yachting or sailing ship combat simulator :p On the positive side, the views are great, and those multiple road signs did not affect my visual cortex at all.

15. I was thinking about driving both ways too, but on second thought could you imagine the head on collisions at over 150mph?:eek:...would not be fun especially if you drive in a motion sim...on the other hand, I hope that people will not transfer the habit of crossing the center line when driving in real life o_O...maybe the track should even have a disclaimer on that effect being displayed while loading :p

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It would be even worse if people thought that they could just press back to pit when they crash, then we really have a problem. :)

But its pretty fun how with both Nords tourist and BCC its with respectful driving compared to other tracks when its actually a race. Its like night and day, at least with some drivers.

17. If people start doing that it means they've already turned into zombies :confused:

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. finepot

finepot Racer

if kunos opens all the roads for a free roam version of BCC, we could do cruise servers and and have server admins as police so there is order in the server :D

hallster likes this.
  19. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I haven't driven BCC much but I like the idea, it's a break from the competition of the racing circuits and the required hard driving. What I would really like though is something like the ocean highway that Pcars has. Both fast and slow sections, easy going and technical with lots of interesting scenery to discover while you drive.