1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

My frame-rate was in single digits when I tried AMS today.

2. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Check the RD forum or the steam forum.

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Strange. Everything maxed out and solid 60 (vsync).

Regarding FFB, rF2 is the king, AC not too far behind ,AMS a category behind.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

kro and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I get excellent FFB in both rF2 and AMS (GSC too) with plenty of detail, bump reaction, SAT and front grip-loss. I'd say the front grip-loss is the best part as it builds up gradually and ties in perfectly with audio cues, giving ample formation as to how hard the tires are being pushed. Reiza pays close attention to how audio and physics interact; timing, variability, intensity, duration all make sense - it's not just about FFB, sounds or physics; it's about how they all work together. Is it perfect? Nope, but they clearly understand the importance of the subtleties involved.

Ogure, jonnyboy_99 and mister dog like this.
  5. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Like they say, opinions are like arseholes :)

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Same goes with you.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

7. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

You misunderstood but you got the general gist so that s ok :)

nate and liakjim like this.
  8. To those who find AC FFB so much better, can you describe a precise moment while driving where you can say "here is where I find AC clearly superior" ?

Curiosity.

DewCrew88 likes this.
  9. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Just all the rest feeling crap, AC feels like I drive a weight.

10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I find rF2 FFB easily the best as it seems to be faster/direct, more accurate. Braking, understeer/oversteer feel and responsiveness is another level than both AC and AMS. Both especially lack feel when braking (dynamic near lock-vibrations/tire tearing effect).

kro and David Dominguez like this.
  11. I said a precise moment, not some random generic moment.

12. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Feels very precise for me, deal with it.

13. And how are you sure that it's the FFB? :D

Edit: the braking thing, that is.

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

FFB is the end result, I am not exactly sure of the exact underlying reasons for it, however I suppose more advanced tire model translates to more details/dynamics, same as pCars (regardless of the accuracy/realism of the actual model). Simply applying filtering can "kill" these vibrations in rF2. On the other hand rF2 FFB often feels synthetic/digital when you run without filtering, so that's a compromise.

David Dominguez likes this.
  15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Ffb in rf2 seems very synthetic to me, I know I could get used to it, but that 's not what I'm loooking for.

Boris Lozac and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Brakes are completely numb in AMS. I can't tell if I am locking tires, about to lock, or underbrake. Nor could I hear squealing under heavy braking.
    AC just shines there on OSW, esp. if you have little slip effect enabled, combination of wheel shudder/shake and audio cues makes it super realistic and easier to modulate.
    I also haven't noticed much suspension movement when cornering, in AC you can feel it "playing" through the wheel.
    I'd be quite happy with AMS FFB if AC wasn't a reference point, it's quite good, actually, except some missing pieces.
    For the record, iRacing ffb while also flat comparing to AC, has more going on with brakes and suspension than AMS, so it's somewhere in between two.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Some dampening filtering is required, however on a weak wheel that is not a very good option. Logitech mechanical gears just makes matters worse (grittiness/rattliness which is opposite of smooth "rubber" feel).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I respect your opinions but now I'm curious... On my low end cheap wheel i can feel all the things you are missing in rf2 and AMS, i get good feel from AC too. I would say AC is bit more enjoyable in terms of driving feeling (with exceptions) but on limit i dont get info im getting from AMS or rF2.. Those feel more natural and progressive in telling me what car is doing allowing me to push more.
    So i don't understand how somebody with the same wheel can have such different experience, unless he has bad settings (I assume mine are fine as i get what i should)...this is not only about preferences or subjective perception..

Saying that rf2 or AMS are flat to me is like saying AC don't have weight transfer..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    ericRacer and burrito like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

nvm, it's late...

20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Improved, connected, more real - all subjective.
    However there are characteristics that can be easily observed and can be taken as a facts. For example lack of or presence of dynamic tire scrub effect ( apparent during understeer or near locking brakes) that is translated to FFB.