1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes although, not everyone has access although, RD does have quite a few related discussions anyway.

sherpa25 likes this.
  2. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

edit: nvm video posted already

3. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

Yeah I funded Reiza during the campaign, installed SCE (not the BETA though) and left it at that! Anyway, I'm on the Reiza 51 forum on RD now so all's good! :D

Except rFactor2 (haven't played 1) had "Force Feedback Smoothing" (which I was running at 9) because of the rattling issue with the G25/27s. I'll ask about the "Power User" options and if they've got a similar option to FFS on the Reiza forums though!

[​IMG]

4. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Navigate to the folder where AMS is installed. In that folder, there will be a handful of folders and regular files. About halfway down there is a file titled "RealFeel Plugin." Open this with notepad. In this file, is a number of FFB settings that are car specific. You can set the 'smoothing level' from within. Renato on the Reiza forum mentioned that a setting of around 3 might be a good value to use without losing much of the FFB information being sent to your wheel.

GSCE smoothing level.PNG

Some cars may have a smoothing level above 0 already set, as I believe Reiza made a few changes in the past few days, but I havent checked every car yet. Cant really offer much other advice about getting rid of the rattle, as the AMS beta so far has been a lot of trouble with my G27.

LetsTestDrive likes this.
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Are you talking about the AMS for beta testers/crowdfunders, or did they already release it in Steam (though I haven't received notice in Steam yet since they postponed it). But your screenshots show SCE, though you're talking about AMS Realfeel (sorry, TL,DR)?

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

As of right now, Automobilista uses the GSC Beta folder under Steam. Once the Early Access is available, I imagine it will be the same until the title launches.

sherpa25 likes this.
  7. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, apologies. I was actually referring to Automobilista even though I used a screenshot of the SCE folder. The file structure is nearly identical, with the exception of the folder being named "AMS Beta" as opposed to "Stock Car Extreme" and having some Sweet FX files in that folder whereas the SCE folder doesnt have those.

The AMS folder is accessed the same way as the SCE folder would be... Just whatever drive you have the game installed to, and then in the steam library folder. And that "RealFeel" file that you can open in notepad is nearly identical as the picture I posted. Just has a few extra cars listed in it, and a few of the values are already changed. Information still applies though. :)

demetri and sherpa25 like this.
  8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Just tried AMS for about an hour... Is it just me or are cars easier to drive now..? I feel the touring cars and the mini do not understeer now as I remember in SCE, and the F3 feels a lot easier for me. Maybe it's me who's better now?

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Or it may be the updates to the FFB that better defines front grip-loss. :)

sherpa25 likes this.
  10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Maybe... Or maybe the default setups for the touring car and the mini are less understeery now.

Just tried the rallyx. O MAN it's impossible to play! My G27 rattles like a [failed to insert stuff here], and the feel I get from the loose surface is not clear and subtle IMHO.

TDS likes this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

yep rally cross is in real need of some serious love... its the only car that feel bad.. all others feels amazing.
    i also have the bad rattling here dont matter the smoothing i put on realfeel plugin for thr lancer rally cross. but for all other cars i have a custom realfeel done that makes me really happy!

using g27 107 profile -100 in game low ffb.
    im about to sleep now tomorow i post here my custom realfeel plugin for g27 for anyone who wants to give ot a shot.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

EDIT: ok, so apparently restarting PC after AMS installation is recomended and indeed it helped with control assigement issues and FFB is now perfect

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Did you guys use the realfeel file from SCE, or edit it again in AMS? Also, will the SCE mods work in AMS (as its supposed to be same content, id like to have option to just retain one).

- Tapatalk (SixP_v5)

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

@sherpa25 mods needs to be updated .. and tracks partially redone due the dynamic road surface .. but it is just a matter of time, we already have first track redone (Nurburgring GP) and I saw vids of some cars too

sherpa25 likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I just did some runs with the Formula Vee at Salzburg Short and I must say I'm impressed! The sim feels so much better now. No more erratic oversteer situations. Now I can say what the car is doing and why. Kudos Reiza, now you have a contender in the ring to challenge AC for me!

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. tried every car except rental karts and every one feels great and different (I just su*k in Super Trucks, not that easy to drive properly :) ) .. appriciate new transmission model where you acually need to clutch (and things like Formula 1 from 1988 needs only throttle lift on upshifts and requires clutching on down shifts, etc), TC and ABS being car systems with option to go up and down with steps is nice, I would appriciate to have realistic steps, not just 4 values. Cars feels more progressive, natural, but still punishing when you do stupid things .. V10 is freaking scary but you can`t stop listening to that noise :) .. also AI has more guts I think (you let them space inside, they will take it (cleanly fortunatelly), need to test them on long straights .. so far my impressions are good, expectations fulfilled

Also in RealFeel.ini there is already GT3CU (porsche cup car) section...yay :)

Dean Ogurek and sherpa25 like this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, the Rally FFB needs some serious attention; I have to reduce the FFB by 30% or more to tame the bumps down to a decent level. The SimVibe effects are also way too strong on dirt but, I'm sure dev's will address it. Aside from that, I find the Rally cars quite fun to drive.

Most of the cars are less under-steery and the default brake-balance also seems quite optimal at this point as I rarely have to make adjustments.

18. TDS

TDS Alien

as promised my realfeel plugin with old values and tweaked smoothing.. if a car is too noisy with g27 raise from 2 to 4 smoothing .. if its too smooth lower from 4 to 2 the smoothing.. have fun.

super v8 , metalmoro, opalas and all formula cars i tested fell perfect for me with this settings.

logitech profiler
    107 overall strength
    100 spring
    75 damper
    ingame -100 with low wheel ffb (pure forces no fake effects)

Attached Files:

19. TDS

TDS Alien

Reiza ffb is class A :) very direct and informative.
    opalas, stock cars, formula cars, metalmoro are all really good.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Except from zero speed and full lock. It tried to brake my wrist, very dangerous if one does not know this! Hope Reiza fixes this soon. It's very annoying.

St3fan likes this.